News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

FM 100 Hue Test

Started by SkySong, June 26, 2012, 11:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

A little something I pulled off my facebook, that I thought at least someone here might be interested. (You know, seeing as at least half of you have colored for an event of some sort or another) It basically tests your color perception, I guess. The lower your score, the better. :)

http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?pageid=77&lang=en

I got a four, if anyone wants to know. I'm curious to see what others get.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Aralie

I got a four as well, my problem was in the blue-green area ^_^

Ravvana

SkySong

My problem seemed to be near the center, but closer to the shift from teal to blue.

Here's my results:

TheLeet

Got a 19. I blame my screen XD

YourLoveOnly

O.o I got a perfect score. I am shocked. And a little proud.

Ryuukokoro

I got 11, ouch! My eyes are really bad though. Need new glasses.  :-\

BabyKittenCandy

Haha! Ryuu, i got 32, think yours are still pretty good!

Keilin Alyr

Hmm, I see wildly different screens comparing my netbook with my main work computer, and I know it's because of the variations of monitors. I'd probably fail this test hard using my netbook. XD

I get the intent behind the site, and it's a cute idea, but you'll only get reliable results with a carefully calibrated monitor at a professional testing center. A bad monitor will give you bad results. So don't worry you're going color-blind if you have horrible results. Might just be the limitations of your home computer. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Rosewood

I got a 38. I think that is due to me being late in  getting my eyes checked again though. XD I kinda went cross eyed for a minute there.

SGA

Holy cow, I got a 3!  My glasses are like 6 years old and desperately need replacing, so this makes me feel good lol

Storm Chasers: Equipping/Training event : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=6559.0
Storm Chaser's Stat Allocation: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=8619.0
Storm Chasers: Customs Thread (Closed) : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0

YourLoveOnly

My computer isn't very good either, in fact it crashed a couple days ago and is super old and crappy and I am amazed it is currently up and running at all xD So I was very surprised with my results =P

SkySong

Congrats, YLO! And I do believe Keilin is right to some extent at least - colors turn out different depending on your monitor and graphics card, I think. So I imagine everyone here would probably be getting better scores with a 'professional' computer set up.

YourLoveOnly

Neocridders

without glassess I got a 38. But halfway through my eyes were going crosseyed so I decided to kinda be careless.

XD Oh well.

Willow

*currently doing*

oh my god my eyes o___o;

ETA:

I got 8 :I

Ryuukokoro

Haha regardless of how much the computer quality affects color vision, it was at least a fun 10 minute thingy to do! X3

Keilin Alyr

As a quick example of what I mean, take this Aywas Oske pet:

On my husband's computer, I can easily tell she's a spotted black panther, no problem. On my main work computer, I can make out the spots if I focus my eyes just right or lean closely toward the screen. On my netbook, she has a solid black coat, in fact, I can barely make out the rest of the lineart.

It's silly differences like that that can really throw your perception for online tests and visual illusions and any other games that are dependent on exact color hues. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

SkySong

For me, actually if i scroll up, so she's at the bottom of the page, I can fairly easily make out the spots. When she's closer to the top, it's a bit harder.

Also, take Kadana's Paper Kite Garden Nom. When she's at the top of the page, I can easily see the difference between the white body and slightly off-white wings, but when I scroll so that she's closer to the bottom, it's slightly harder to make out.

I don't think it makes too much of a difference, but I retook the Hue Test, and got a perfect score. Compared to the last time I took it, I kept the color boxes towards the top of the screen, and I think that might have made the difference.

So, perhaps it matters not only on the different screen/computer, but where your eyes are in relation to the picture.

Solistia

o____o wow
I did not realize that with my nearsighted eyesight I still have perfect color vision /D wooooo yay

SkySong

Well, I don't think how close or far you see affects your color vision. My dad can see distance really well, but is color-blind red-green, I believe.

Solistia

I know my dad was diagnosed with partial color blindness for blues and greens XD

That was also amazing statistics of males vs females. 1 in 12 vs 1 in 255 oAo (I also find the fact that it's "255" amusing, since that's the max hex code for RGB /D)

SkySong

I found the 255 rather amusing as well, but decided not to comment on it. It also happens to be the max saturation and value levels.

Keilin Alyr

I was amused by the 255 myself. Way too much time playing with colors back when I played PI.

It's partially because female color blindness is very rare. Since the genes that affect color perception are linked to the X chromosome, if these are somehow damaged, even a carrier female has another X chromosome (the one inherited from her mother) to fall back on, while a male will end up having problems seeing certain colors.

If a woman is color-blind it's usually because her parents were carriers (or her father was color-blind himself). A woman becomes a carrier of color blindness from her father (passing down his affected X chromosome), and then her daughters have a chance of being born color blind themselves.

Ryuukokoro

*Twilight Zone music plays*

Kahlira

After being cross eyed for quite a bit, and tilting my screen this way and that. I got a 33. Fail, but fun waste of time!

CrystalAngelNeko

I got a perfect score ^.^

PonyMama

Okay I have a problem with finding the differences between hues, this has always been a problem
so my score....not good at all. got 157

SkySong

Ouch, sorry to hear that, PM.