News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Photoshop

Started by Ravvana, August 23, 2012, 09:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravvana

I'm currently taking a class that requires Illustrator and Acrobat, so I went ahead and bought Adobe's Creative Suite using a student discount -- 80% off followed by $50 off, so I got the whole suite for less than list price for a single component :)

While I didn't "need" Photoshop, it came with the Suite. And I must say I'm excited to try it out! I've been using PSP 8 since middle school XD;

Does anyone here use Photoshop for coloring adoptables? If so, any tips? Or just tips for Photoshop in general :) It's CS6.

Winged

I use photoshop elements 9, not sure how different that is to the full version of photoshop xD The only tip i've got is to use layers that are sort of in folders (i think in your version you can put them into folders), in mine it's called creating a clipping mask and causes that layer to only show within the space of the layer it's inside... If that makes any sense lol. I find that really useful for markings because you don't have to worry about it going outside the lines or anything. Apart from that, i always colour with the image enlarged and then zoom out but that might just be me.
Owner of Gliders!

Wildfilly94

I use CS4. :) I love it. I used PS 7.0 before this, and GIMP 2.0 before that, and I must say its a big improvement. It has easy to use layers and groups(folders), so many neat tools for different effects. Just play around with the brushes and such for a while so you get used to them, and then start coloring! You can download more brushes on different sites. Most of mine now come from brusheezy.com but you can do a search with google if you wish. It takes a little playing around before you get totally used to the program, but its not hard, and I adore it. Congrats on CS6 though! I want it so bad. D: