News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

New job

Started by hiyoko, October 27, 2012, 06:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiyoko

Well I finally got a teaching job, I started on the 23 of this month. I like it, for the most part. The kids are really sweet, though it's probably cause they're 4-5 years old. But the drive to work is about 1hr 10mins one way. So I have to wake up at 5:30am, so I can take care of my puppies and leave at 6:30 so I can get to work by 8. My schedule was suppose to be 8-5, but because my supervisor feels bad that I live an hr away, she said I can take 1/2hr lunch and leave at 4:30. So I get home around 6, which gives about 3hrs before i should go to bed. I don't, things happen and I go to sleep after 10, so I've been getting around 5hrs of sleep. So now I'm sick. :-[ And my beneifts won't kick in until I've worked there for 90 working days. The pay isn't bad, I get 9.88 and I'll get more after I've worked there 6months to a year and then I go to head start. I'm an Assoicate teacher, but once I get some experience I'll be teacher (I have my degree and permit to be a teacher). I just don't know if this job is worth my time driving, I almost fell asleep 3 times yesterday when I was driving home. Granted I only spend about $10 of gas each day.

Well that's been my week.lol

springacres

Congrats hiyoko!  I don't envy you going into that field but I know it can be a rewarding challenge (my mom retired last year after teaching elementary ed for over a decade) - glad to hear it agrees with you and that the kids are behaving for you :D

hiyoko