What Are Your Breeding Plans This Quinsta Breeding Season?

Started by LaneyAngel, November 03, 2012, 03:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaneyAngel

The following are mine :)

PRODUCED::
5157. Grade M Bay Leopard Appaloosa Sabino Overo, front right Pastern, back right Sock, back left Stocking, Star and Stripe (Slow and stubborn)

PRODUCED::
5158. Clydesdale M Chestnut, front left Coronet, back right Pastern, back left Coronet, Faint Star (Calm and sweet, not a mover)

PRODUCED:
5156. Grade F Black, front right Coronet, front left Coronet, back right Pastern, back left Stocking, Faint Star (Prone to shying and nervousness, not a mover)

PRODUCED:
5160. Grade M Blue Dun (Gruello), front right Pastern, front left Coronet (Calm and sweet, not a mover)

And those are my breeding goals for this season. I will of course be utterly screwed if by some chance roll of the dice, ALL FOUR of my breeds work out the way I hope.... but there ya have it, lol.
**The Comprehensive List of Quinsta Colour Breeding Projects** - please come post and help make a guide to all Quinsta breeding projects on Secundi! :D
Quinsta- visual guide to males and females of each breed

BabyKittenCandy

Wow! Some fun projects there Laney! I really should look into starting another project or two.. ive been rather lost on my breedings lately! *ponders what project she could do*

YourLoveOnly

Quote from: BabyKittenCandy on November 03, 2012, 03:55:00 PM

Wow! Some fun projects there Laney! I really should look into starting another project or two.. ive been rather lost on my breedings lately! *ponders what project she could do*

For totally selfish reasons I vote flaxen and silver dapple Fjords! (not as once obviously, as that isn't genetically possible) Those are genes I need for my characters XD

Pinkshadow

Silvanon

LaneyAngel

Hahaha, couldn't help myself, had to put them together, wanted to see how they looked side by side
**The Comprehensive List of Quinsta Colour Breeding Projects** - please come post and help make a guide to all Quinsta breeding projects on Secundi! :D

springacres

I'm aiming to get my silver dapple dun overo into Friesians project one step closer to completion.

LaneyAngel

Funny thing is, when I see the pics of them together, I can visualise in my head, this little appy arabian trying to mate with this big Clydie mare, and I get the giggles..... Then I picture the big Clydie mare mounting that itty bitty grade, and I feel bad for her, lol.

Kahlira

In these cases, the people of the Gavanian take the uh, male's essence and place them safely into the mares. No harm should come to a mare or stally during breeding season.

LaneyAngel

Ryuukokoro

I know how you feel, Laney. Last season NONE of my breedings went through, and I'm in the middle of quite a few projects myself. >.< And it doesn't matter how many bonus tickets you have if NONE of your own Quin are worth claiming! Sigh.

And this season is the second that my grade brown roan did not produce a pure Andalusian. -.- That 50/50 shot of a grade throwing a pure is not in my favor lately.

Buuuut I got a beautiful dun roan Luestin mare this season so I can't complain! ^_^

Pinkshadow

I got the first Leopard appy luestin this season, but my perlino mini project totally failed on me sadly :(

Kahlira

I've got a success! I'm so excited for this XD

Grade F Chestnut Roan Blanket Appaloosa Tobiano, front right Fetlock, back right Coronet, Star and Stripe (Generally willing, but rather excitable, a mover) First gen at appy and/or tobiano to QH. Got them both XD And she's a she. So much easier finding a stud to go with a mare then a mare to go with a stud, but I got 3 QH mares, so should hopefully be ok on that score.

I'm stupidly excited for this. My first project!

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: Kahlira on November 16, 2012, 06:45:45 PM
So much easier finding a stud to go with a mare then a mare to go with a stud, but I got 3 QH mares, so should hopefully be ok on that score.

*hi5* Yay on the start of your project!

Keep in mind though that if you get a Grade stud next time, you can try multiple times in one season by breeding him to multiple mares. When you have a Grade mare, you can only try once per season.

But as you said, it's easier to find studs than mares, so there's pros and cons for both. ^.^

Kahlira

Yeah, I know this XD I figure it be easier with a grade stud, but then it's also easier with a mare. Mayhap next season I'll get a stud with one or the other of the genes. And who knows, perhaps I'lll have both of my genes pass on, which would be awesome XD

I'm excited. Plus the foal sounds pretty =D