News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Dun Family

Started by SkySong, July 25, 2013, 10:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

So this is a rather random experiment I conducted just now, but... Guess what? All the Frisian duns out so far are related. I saw Figment's lovely Grade, 50% Frisian. Rather nice starter for a project, especially since, in theory, it'd bring new blood in. Well, the only silver dapple Frisian we have isn't related. But, well, every single dun is. I just found this a little funny, and thought I might share with all of you.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Winged

I never noticed that before. Makes a bit of a problem for projects... at least there's that new blue dun in the bribes this round.
Owner of Gliders!

springacres

I never realized this either.  It does make a bit of a problem... but hopefully next bribe month we'll see a dun stallion or two?  Fingers crossed, anyway!

Ryuukokoro

Yeah, there were only two people who completed the dun-into-Friesians project and everyone else just used their babies to make more babies. And both of those projects have Shallal'mesemath in the pedigree cuz everyone loves a Friesian with bald face!  ;D

springacres

Actually, I think there is one who doesn't have Shallal'mesemath, but they all seem to have Jellyson if I recall correctly?

ETA: Whoops, seems I was wrong... they all do have Shallal'mesemath!  *is oddly proud of this*

Ryuukokoro

Yeah, Jellyson has him in there too haha.

springacres

Jellyson does?  *scratches head*

Ryuukokoro

Whoops, nope! lol. My Reckless has both of them in his pedigree, but Jellyson is on one side and Shalla is on the other. ^_^; My mistake.

springacres

LOL, I was gonna say!  My Anatha'lasha has both of them too, but I was just checking over her pedigree to see where her inbreeding came from and it's not through him (she has two crosses to Lete'mionech, though)

Neocridders

Maybe I should continue my project xD
http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=505549
It's been a while since I did serious quin breedings. I have mostly been just doing random males with my girls.

Ryuukokoro

I think you should, Neo! Not only would you get tobiano into Freisians, but also you'd have some fresh lines for dun as long as you avoided certain Freisians like Shalla that show up in all the current dun pedigrees. :)

Neocridders

I'm so bad at looking at pedigrees. I'll have to be extra carful next time.