News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Triscuit is now in puppy heaven </3

Started by Neocridders, September 22, 2013, 12:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

Some of you know my dog, Triscuit. Well, in the past month that I've been at college... apparently he's been doing quite terribly.

The doctor had a feeling it was lymphoma or something like that. Anyway, yesterday was his first chemo treatment.

This morning I got the worst call I've ever gotten. She called me telling me that poor little Triscuit isn't with us anymore.

It breaks my heart. My friends don't seem to care at all, and I don't know who to turn to. This dog was more than a pet. He was my brother. My puppy brother. He wasn't a pet at all. Just a silly little brother I love more than anything.

I think the hardest thing is that I've been away at college the past month and didn't even have a chance to say goodbye. It was so sudden. Last night my mom texted me saying he was getting Chemo stuff (and I had no idea how serious it was!) and then this call today...
I can't really function.

He was just 5. He was so young. I wasn't expecting it to be this way. I thought I'd get several more years with my dog.

This is the first time I've had a dog die, and he was one of the best things about going home. It's so hard to know I'll never see him again.

Kahlira

Oh Neolove, I am so sorry. *snugs tight* Furbabies. People just don't seem to understand our love for them, and how they can be a part of us.

Wildfilly94

Aww, I am so sorry Neo :( *hugs* I definitely know how you feel. And I also know how hard it is when some people just don't understand these things. People look at me weird when I talk about my son (Symon, the kitty) cause they dont understand how connected to him i am. Ive lost many pets in the past, and its never easy, all you can do is be thankful for the time you shared with him and know hes in a good place now with no pain at all. <3

Rosedawn

I'm so sorry sweetie. For those of us who have pets we know just how much they mean to us and how apart of our lives they are. I have lost many pets in my life, one of which like you, I was away at college, I didn't find out he was gone for like 3 months.

You never forget them.

Riverwind

Aww Neo! That's so horrible. *Hugs* I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.

TheLeet

Oh no, how horrible. *hugs*

I've lost a few pets in my lifetime and it's especially hard when you're not there. When my childhood cat died after I had moved out it took so long for the reality of it to sink in. It was only when I went to visit my parents that I could properly start grieving. So many people don't understand what a big role an animal can play in your life. :(

YourLoveOnly

Losing a pet can be very traumatic, for many reasons.. Because it's sudden, or because they suffered a long time from an illness they couldn't win over in the end or because you didn't say goodbye.. But most importantly, because they steal our hearts. Pets can be so loyal, so loving, unconditionally. Not everyone will understand, but there are many who will. I have plenty of pets, and some people don't get why I'm upset when one dies because I still have several left. But each pet is unique, loved in its own way, has its own personality. They can never be replaced and it's perfectly understandeable that you're mourning and upset. *much love and hugs* I hope you feel a bit better soon, but defenitely don't feel like you're not allowed to be upset over this! It can feel like losing any other member of your family and it will need time to heal.

Winged

Oh Neo that's horrible! Especially since you  were away when it happened. I know how you feel, a pet can become just like family.
If you need anyone to talk to, you can always send me a message.
Owner of Gliders!

springacres

Oh, Neo, I'm so so sorry.  I can't imagine what I would do if something this awful happened to Callie.  It was hard enough losing my first cat, and that was something I'd been expecting.  But Callie... she's my doggy daughter.

*hughugsuperhugsqueeze* Each and every pet you lose will leave a hole in your heart that can never be truly filled.  I definitely understand your need to grieve.  Especially since you weren't able to be there with him when he passed.  *SNUGS again*

Saturnalia

I'm so sorry :( That is rough, but at least you have memories to forever cherish...

Silvanon

Neocridders

Thanks everyone for your words of support and love <3 <3 I need huggles all over!

I've made a wittle memorial pony (he'd hate to know he's been memorialized as a purrpony, but it just fit him the best of all the breeds, especially with the tattoo slots. I'll tattoo him with white chest and tummy, as well as a little collar if I can. Maybe even wings!

He's a bit on the yellow side, but that's ok.

And springacres gave me this little guy who reminds me of him!
I'm going to call him Puppy <3

I love you guys. You are such amazing friends I can turn to. School has been eating me alive lately. I have so much work to do, but today was just about sad crying and eating ice cream.

<3 <3

SPO

I'm so sorry Neo. Let me know if you want a Patchwork of him.