News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Doggy Diarrhea

Started by SkySong, December 04, 2013, 07:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

Sunday night, we noticed my dog had poop hanging from his rear. He spent the night outside. Monday, me and my brother shaved it off (Not super short, but about 2 inches. He's a Sheltie, so it's a bit shorter, but not too noticeable unless you spend your time staring at doggy butt.) yesterday he was fine, but today there is more poop. I am at a loss. This is the first time I have noticed this ever happening with him.

We did construction on the house over Thanksgiving break and as such there is debris in the backyard. I'm hoping cleaning this up will remove the problem. (Dyno will try to eat about anything, so I don't put it past him to go rummaging through debris.)
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Elenaria

Is it diarrhea or is it poop stuck in the hair?  Does he have a 'safe' place to go/be kept?  i tend to be a bit of a spaz regarding doggy diarrhea because of my Shepherd.  ^^;;; Explosive diarrhea in her kennel, all over the house.... x_<;;;;  i would suggest keeping a very close eye on him, make sure he's got plenty of water.  Take him out either with you following or on a leash and try to see what kind of poop he has and how often.

If it really is diarrhea, what we normally did was cut Kiri's food for 24 hours.  If that didn't help it clear up, we called the vet.  :/  There's a pretty good chance of him having eaten something he shouldn't have.

If you're not sure about diarrhea, watch him when he eats.  Is he a free eater or is he scheduled feed?  When a dog is sick, appetite loss is usually a very serious sign.

i hope that helps... i mean, it's based only on my personal experience, so it's probably different from dog to dog. ^^;;;;;  i think our Shih-Tzu tends to get soft poop if there's a lot of new stress or activity around the house, so it could also just be stress from the construction. 

ETA: This is sera. ^^;;;  Heh!  Feel free to PM me personally, if you'd like. <3
Corlanna * Raeris * Saevia

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers