News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Holiday sadness :(

Started by Lectral, December 31, 2013, 10:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lectral

I know I don't post here a lot, and wasn't going to now, but then I saw my cousin post more pics of her kitty on facebook, and it made me sad again...

I lost one of my kitties yesterday, very unexpectedly and we still haven't fully processed it I think.  We had just gotten back from visiting my in-laws for Christmas, and she seemed to be having another of her allergy issues, very congested sounding and having troubles swallowing; turned out she had some kind of mass in her throat, that wasn't there last month, and she passed away while they were trying to get a sample to see what exactly it was...

She was my husband's cat; she liked me well enough, but was most definitely his.  If she was in my lap, and he came to sit on the couch, she was over to him in a second.  She was our oldest kitty, but was only eight years old; way too young for something like this.  Even though she was pretty laid back and non-confrontational with the other cats, she was also still 'the boss'.  The other kitties did not mess with her when she decided it was her turn for something.

She loved boxes, even when she was really too big for them :)

RIP Valdamari

SkySong

Aww, much sadness for this. She actually seems a lot like my own cat - the coat is different, but about the same length. Mine loves boxes too, and is built a lot like she is. I would be grieving really hard right now if she died. Much sympathy for you and your husband. (Your husband especially, since she's his cat)
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Silvanon

PonyMama

Oh I am so sorry for the loss of your cat, 8 is too young.  Even at 11 we think our cat is too young but we have noticed a small mass along one side of his spine, and are trying to mentally prepare for the worst

He too loves boxes, and the smaller the better

springacres

:( So, so sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty.  8 is way too young even for a cat :( but at least she had a good life and knew she was loved.  *big big big hugs, and her kitty sends purrs and headbutts*

Ember

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I know it can't be easy. Sending you my love. <3

hiyoko

Im so sorry to hear that Lectral. :'(

Saturnalia

Awww, what a lovely kitty. I am so sorry for the loss :( At least you and your husband have happy memories to keep her alive in your hearts, though.