News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

PM was in a car crash *Pics added*

Started by PonyMama, March 08, 2010, 11:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonyMama

ok so was suppose to go home today from visiting my hubby's family for his sister's wedding.  we made it 1 hour away when some guy decided the stop sign was only a suggestion and we had no chance to stop, we ran right into him.  his fault entirely.

both girls are fine, they were secure in car seats, with seat belts. (emotionally we still need to watch them, but I won't say they were injured when they weren't)

my hubby has a seat belt burn across his chest and two bruised/scraped knees

i have one scraped knee, a belt burn and bruise across my chest, and small cuts on my forehead, where i hit the window with mt head.

the car is totalled

i will try and get on for an update but i am already stiff and sore

red_uni387

O_O *squishes PM gently* people are such jerks D: I'm really glad no one in your family was injured too badly, and I hope you heal soon <333

Scullisto

Oh no...I am so sorry this happened, but you are all safe (although roughed up)...Thank you for coming back to us!

*hugs* ~~gently

Ryuukokoro

Oh no!! 0_0 That's horrible, PM! *hugs* I'm so glad everyone is okay! That's so scary when that happens, I've been in a couple wrecks myself. >.<

Spixy

Ufff :/ I'm really sorry to hear that PM! I'm glad that both you, your husband and the girls are okay though! <3

springacres

Oh, that sounds scary!  *huge hugs*  Too bad your car got totaled, but I'm glad to hear that everyone is OK.  *hugs again*

indigowulf

Sue the pants off him, be sure to include the cost of any wedding clothes you had in the car!

PonyMama

no we saw the wedding, it was saturday.  we were on our way home because my hubby had to work tomorrow, now he is off until monday at the earliest

Gidgets

Amazing that the car was totaled and everyone is still okay! That's just awesome out of horribleness! *hugs PM*

hiyoko

Wow, that's terrible PM! It's so good that your girls were in car seats or else they would have been hurt. *rubs leg* Trust me, being little and in a car accident isn't fun.

Neocridders

Awww. That's terrible! Atleast the family is alright, though. That's what is important here. I'd sue if you feel stiff.  I mean, that was a close call, I'd want atleast a carr to drive since yours is gone.

YourLoveOnly

I'm glad everyone is alright! *hugs*

SplitX

Oh, that's my worst nightmare, being in a wreck... especially because of some careless moron. T_T; *snugs* At least the girls are okay! Oh, I would've been just... ugh.

Edit: Well, I mean, I'm glad y'all are all okay, but I know I would've been scarred for life if I was one of your daughters. o_o Maybe I'm just a chicken though. ^_^;

CutieePiee

Oh gosh, PM! I nearly panicked when I saw the title of this thread. I'm just really glad all of you are okay with minor injuries. *huge hugs*

Guys who drive recklessly like that shouldn't be on the road. It's ridiculous. I hope he pays for your damages, either by your insurance or by legal means.

Get some rest, maybe ointment for those scrapes and bruises, and I'm sure they'll heal in no time. Your little one probably didn't realize what happened, but I hope her big sister wasn't traumatized. Much love to you and your famlily. <3

Silvanon

Wow, scarey stuff.  I'm glad to hear it wasn't any worse than it was.  That's going to be hard with your car totalled, I hope you're able to work out alternate transportation.  Thank goodness none of you got majorly hurt, though!  *hugs*

BabyKittenCandy

wow.... im so glad you guys are all ok, be it stiff and sore. Im sorry about your car though, people can be so thoughtless..

PonyMama

I have whiplash, some MAJOR bruises across my chest, a scraped knee and minor bruises on elbows, wrists and other. 

Hubby has bruise across chest, not dark but pretty mean looking, bruised knuckles, and cuts on both his knees.

Uzuri (the oldest) she got a few small cuts/scrapes from the seat belt but she is active and have little bruising.  She is stressed and scared though.

Baby is fine, a little stress and a bit of a suck but perfectly fine.

As for sueing the guy I am not too sure how to go about that as we would have to go to home and technically we may onle be an hour away right now from where he and the accident occured but if we were home we would be 5 hours away.  We have a one income household and just lost the car that was ALmost paid off.  We are not too sure what to do.  Right now we are going to take pictures, and go to doctors appaointments, hopefully we will get some injury claims as well as the car dealt with.

All in all the four things I was worried about are safe and sound.  Although when I was in mommy mode yesterday I could have cared lkess if I survived as long as they were ok.  As a mom I am sure some of you will understand.

bewilderness

So glad you guys are okay!  Did he have insurance?  They should cut you a check.

PonyMama

we have insurance yes, we submitted the receipts for both new car seast for the kids today, those will be reinbursed for sure.  Anything else we will have to file it when we get home.

We are unsure as of yet wether the other guy had insurance, they couldn't find the plate int eh system but we could have had it wrong so we will find out soon enough.

Neocridders

I have a few questions. Was the person driving the other car injured at all? And did he have anyone else in the car with him?

I feel so bad for you, but I don't think I read that info anywhere in the thread.
I am not really sure why I am asking. >< I mean, I feel sorry for what he has put you through, but I am a bit curious if he got out without a scratch, or if he put someone else in his own car in danger.

PonyMama

he had MS but was Uninjured.  he had two passengers, a woman in the back, who was also uninjured and his male passenger, who ended up rolling his ankle which resulted in torn ligaments.

We hit head on into his driver side, so he was relitively safe, being as he was in a bigger vehicle.  The passenger looks like he tried to help us break our car, with no success (obviously)

PonyMama

so update.
Had xrays yesterday, me for my neck my hubby for hsi chest.  we will see how that looks when we get back home.  We each have a lawyer for the personal injury part.  I am to go to Physio when I get home, which brings me to my happy point:
We should get teh rental car tomorrow and start heading home, we may have to stop half way to give hubby a rest from driving but we are going home.

CutieePiee

*hugs*
That's good that you're going home. My thoughts are with you, and I hope those xrays come back okay and that it's nothing but bruises and bumps. <3

PonyMama

well I do have level 2 soft tissue damage in my neck, but they just wanted to make sure I didn't have any small fractures in my spine, cause that would suck.

They think my hubby has a broken rib or two, and I am sure he does, but not much they can do for him.

Neocridders

PonyMama

Some pics

At Scene

Impound lot

My seat belt bruise which continues on but I can't show that picture (if you really want to see you may ask in PM, but I won't post it)  It saved my life but ouch!

My hubby's

Poupou

Oh gosh that's got to hurt!  But like you said, it saved your life!  This is really scary.. so glad you guys are 'okay' now.
*hugs*

Silvanon

Tribe

PonyMama

Goddesss

I hope you guys heal quickly.  I am glad it wasn't any worse and you are all safe.

*huggles*

indigowulf

Those are nasty. Ask your doc's about the best way to persue sueing this guy. Since the doc no doubt has experience, and is also aware he has a better chance of getting paid right away if you sue, Im sure he will have some advice on who to contact and how.

Also, go to a chiropracter. Even if you think your necks and backs are fine, get them checked out. A lot of times you dont realize how bad you are hurt until the shock and pain of the bigger injuries start getting better. By then, the insurance stuff is already done and you cant get paid for long-term back or neck injury that may have occured. Take the kids too!

PonyMama

I have a lawyer already, for the person injury claim, and so does my hubby.  I have already been told I need physio, and believe me it hurts, I can't turn my neck at all, without pain.

Yeah sil, I really liked that car too :(

Tribe

*pulls out duct tape and trys to mend pms car* im sorry love i adore my poor big ol 10 old stratus i hate to see cars in a jumble makes me wonder how the people that owned them will get around.

PonyMama

right now a rental then we don't know.  it sucks, as now my hubby will have to walk to work again so his 12 hour days will be 16 hour days, and how can he consider walking two hours to wirk and 2 hours after light duty?  We are screwed for now

sera

EGADS! i can't believe i missed this thread. Dx  i'm glad you and your family are okay, PM! Guh, those are bad bruises! 

Tribe

Will your insurance not cover the rental, your cars obviously totalled so i would think they should. Sorry to hear you hubby would have to walk, it honestly makes me feel so very bad for your guys and makes me so mad that such a jerk could cause such a mess...people just suck sometimes. I hope this guy gets what he deserves he could have injured small children or taken thier parents away and just because he was in a hurry to no where he didnt stop and think of the damage he could have done.

PonyMama

they will cover it but we will hae to be fighting them for it, as they don't like handing over the money.  Heck we still owe ont eh car and they only offered us half for it, so we need to go back and say no we want at least enough to cover the rest of the loan.

and no worries I think I go tthe point across.  He may not have heard what I said to him but he knew the gust of it and stayed away from me, cause I would have killed him

Wolfs Fang

Holy flying cheesecakes. O_O

Seeing the condition that your car is in, it's amazing that you and your family got off (relatively) okay. *hugs* It's too bad that your car got totaled, though.

~Fang
~~

PonyMama

Yeah I was surprised we were all able to walk away, the paramedics were surprised too, they expected us to look worse when they found out we were in the small car, and then to see the kids yeah.

PonyMama

So update.

Other guy has not put in a claim, so as it stands right now since we are the only vehicle they are pointing blame at us, we will be paying for our rental, the car and everything else until we can get this guy to claim.

Can't even start with lwyers for personal injury claims as he currently does not exsist.

YourLoveOnly

O.o that is just to stupid for words. that shouldn't be allowed to happen. *pissed off now*
I hope he does the right thing.

PonyMama

well we have to get our hands on the police report which was suppose to be mailed right away well it has been over a week so I wonder where it is.

Keeper

oh gosh, that sounds awefull, i hope you all feel better soon and everything gets sorted quickly *hugs softly*

PonyMama

Police report came in the mail today got all his info now.
Also got the number to where his truck is, apparently his is being fixed.

He will be paying for a lot in the end when fixing his truck, he looked to have frame damage