News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Everything Positivity Thread

Started by bewilderness, March 20, 2010, 12:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

Sky's happy - Thanksgiving break. definitely looking forward to the sun being up when I awake.

Congrats on your filly's shows, by the way, zarzamora!
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

zarzamora

very very very positive day- best day ever infact! Lucy won her section, then went champion!

Very proud owner/breeder of the British National Coloured foal of the year 2011!!

Ryuukokoro

That's amazing Zarz!! Wow, congratulations! She looks like she absolutely knows it with those beautiful steps. ^^ I'm so honored that I got to do a mimic of her in Okibi form!

zarzamora

ahh thank you- i was completely shell shocked!

Winged

Wow Zarz, that's amazing! Congratulations in that huge win :) She looks gorgeous in that photo with her banner!
Owner of Gliders!

Ravvana

Aww, Lucy has gotten so big! <3

Positive: I was the overall high point champion at my collegiate horse show on Saturday! :) I got a 2nd in my jumping class and a 1st in my flat class, making me high point winner in a field of 100 riders. This was especially positive since I fell off Sean last Wednesday and completely annihilated my elbow, so being able to ride at all on Saturday was very doubtful, but I decided to go for it and it totally paid off. It was like one of those Disney sports rags-to-riches movies XD

My flat draw, the adorable 14.1hh Friday. I rode a different horse in jumping, but they were both amazing <3

Kahlira

So, I've been lacking in the gladness as of late, and Zazzybean, that's so awesome that Lucy won first! I'm very excited for you =D

And Ravv, that's totally awesome too, I would pay to go see that movie =D For truth! I love the horse movies, especially Disney horse movies XD

But the Kah has a sick right now. Am so congested that I can't breathe through my nose, and it's running. But! Today I went to Kroger's (since I haven't had a Saturday excursion pretty much since my mom died, and decided this morning to just, do it, ya know?) anywho, I went to Kroger for the simple pleasure of leaving the house and doing something different. I found a book there. The Land of the Painted Caves. I seriously squeed! I was so excited! The book is the sixth in the (and final) in the Jean M Auel's Earth Children's series. I read the first one in high school. (Ok, it was the second I read first, the Valley of Horses, but the way they're written, you practically know everything that happened in a re-cap) But I read them all eventually. And fell in love with the series. I haven't been following things closely. And didn't know that the book had come out! So it was a happy surprise. I'm already on page 150. If I don't slow down, I'll be finished by Tuesday.

But that's my happy for today.

Wildfilly94

I just got CS3 Photoshop! and i get to borrow my teachers Wacom Tablet over Christmas Break!! WHOO!!

zarzamora

woo! How exciting!

Happy because only have 1 and a half days left in school before 2 week break!(I think I'm more excited than the kids.)

SkySong

Sounds fun, zarz! Unfortunately we get off in a week and have about 10 days or so off including weekends. Definitely looking forward to it, though. :)

My happy... Would probably be having no homework today, and break coming up soon.

Ryuukokoro

The holidays can be a depressing time sometime... I dunno why, maybe cuz you see everyone else all happy and it kinda reminds you of all the crud going on in your own life? 0_o

Either way, I'm definitely in need of this thread. *cuddles it*

My happy... is getting home every night after a long day of work and working on the arts and crafts presents I'm making for my friends for Christmas. It's really fun making stuff with your hands, even if it doesn't turn out exactly as I picture in my head usually. And I feel like I'm doing something special for them, to show them how much I appreciate being their friend.

But I worry I'm not going to be done in time! I really need to finish them by the weekend so I can put them in the mail and get them sent out... ack, and I need to make a Christmas card list as well! >.< Stress!

SkySong

Happy today because I finished a project for math today (more like gotten around to starting it) and now have that off my shoulders. I've also been doing pen tattoos at school and somebody asked me to do a little design for them, so that was also a pleasant surprise.

And I agree, Ryuu, the holidays can be pretty stressful, although I think you probably have it worse than me.

Wildfilly94

Good news: I got SOME sleep last night. Not much but some.
I'm getting sick witha TERRIBLE cough and chest pains.. :(

Kahlira

I was told I might possibly mabe get to work on Monday.. Granted it wouldn't be for very long, maybe 2-3 hours, while everyone else will be there for about ten hours (And some will be on day78 in a row, others day 8) But since I have the "odd" schedule (Sunday, then Tuesday through Friday, so I have saturdays and Monday's off) But anywho, I was told it might be possible, then that means come Friday (Day either 12 or 13 for everyone else) I'll be on overtime! Whee! I hope so hard I'm allowed to work. It would suck so much if everyone else was on overtime but me. Gotta love peak season at UPS.

Ryuukokoro

Well this one didn't take much thought... I'm happy that it's Friday! Whoo! 2 more hours til I'm off work!

I finished 1 of my 3 craft Christmas presents last night. The plan is now to mail that one out tomorrow (and the 2nd one too if I finish it tonight/tomorrow morning) then try to finish the 3rd present on Sunday to go out in the mail Monday. *crosses fingers!*

Oh and Christmas cards should go out tomorrow too, at the latest. >.>

zarzamora

made everyone at work boxes of cupcakes as gifts and they went down a storm! Everyone loved them and really appreciated the effort I had put in. Was lovely to see the kiddies so excited for christmas too!

Then I went to a carol concert and now feel very festive(though exhausted!!) and about to sleep. ALso very happy that I get a very rare lie in tomorrow because someone is doing the ponies for me- can't remember the last time i slept in beyond 7!!

Kahlira

7 more days of work until I get a day off!  I get to come in on the morning side XD Dunno if I'll be allowed to stay for the extended sort though. But that means i'll be makin time and a half on Firday =D

Kahlira

Had a bit of a.. Something today at work. We had been working for around ten hours by then. Boxes kept coming down my belt. And then I look up one of the belts, and all I saw were fathead boxes. fathead.com is a website which specializes in them big wall decorations like the disney princesses or nfl players or other things. They were piled up on the belt. And they kept coming and coming. And for some reason I couldn't stop laughing. It made my belly hurt. I haven't laughed like that in a good while. One of the other people who was working nearby asked me "What's so funny, did you fart or something?" Which made me laugh even harder since I had farted but not too recently.

So much fun during peak season. Done got 11 hours today. 16 between Sunday and Monday. gives me 27 for the week. (And today made the 8th day in a row working with no breaks, and my next day off is Christmas Eve) So fun XD

Ryuukokoro

Hahaha oh man, Kahlira. XD

Today Ryuu is happy... to be home! It's 8 pm and I got off work at 5. Where have I been for 3 hours? Shopping... ugh... stupid waiting til the last minute to buy Christmas stuff.... (At least I don't wait til Christmas eve!)

The streets are so packed with stupid drivers! I'm just happy to be home where it's nice and quiet, and done for the night.

SkySong

Today was the last school day for the year! Definitely my happy. :)

Although, my math teacher gave us homework, which I have been procrastination on. <.< (3 pages just because a few students couldn't shut their trap!)

Wildfilly94

School ended , untill january for me, yesterday! And today is the last day of work for me! :D (Hated my job)

SkySong

While doing some last minute shopping earlier today at the mall, a marching band played in the mall. Imagine my surprise. :) It made my day just that much brighter, I have to say.

Ryuukokoro

It's now 8 minutes of Christmas Day, for my time zone anyway! ^^ And I get to sleep in tomorrow cuz the rest of the family isn't coming til 5 pm. Tomorrow (er today) will be a happy day I hope!

Aralie

Today has been a pretty awesome day!
1. It is my 21st birthday
2. Though I had to work it was quiet and pretty fun
3. Get to go our for supper with my family and best friend
4. I don't work till late tomorrow
^_^

Ryuukokoro

Happy birthday Aralie!! If you were in the US you can now legally drink! XD

springacres

Wow, I can't believe no one has submitted a happy for 2012 yet!

Anyway, I have a major happy to announce today.  Not so much for me, but for my sister - she is now engaged to her long-term boyfriend!

Ryuukokoro

Glee, so awesome spring! Congrats!

Ryuu's happy for the day... Is that I am finally home! For the past 4 days I was in Washington DC for a video game convention, which was fun yes but after a 13-hour bus ride which took all day yesterday I'm veeery happy to be home. Even if it means I'm back at work now. (And waiting for 5 so I can go home and work on Okibi stuff! XD )

skysnolimit

I'm going to try my hand at this =)

So, happy things.  Today I am visiting my brother and yesterday I saw a really good friend whom I hadn't seen since May '11!  Tomorrow, I get to see my mom.

lolol *is so rusty*

OH!  And yesterday I was talking to my friend, a fish and reptile artist who travels the world painting them, and he said next time we should go out for coffee and HE MIGHT TAKE ME TO VISIT THE HATCHERIES.  XD XD XD Such a dream come true!

My boyfriend came home with me for Christmas to visit my family :3  Everybody likes him!  Yay!

skysnolimit

Oo, second post in two days!

Thank you everybody for bringing me Secundi.  Secundi and Battleprides (and even just peeking into Crossroads and the Orchard and the Samanayrs and old websites and all) remind me, every day, what it's like to be a part of something with other people that we actually all enjoy together.  I don't know what I would do without this caring community.  <3

Thanks everybody!

Wildfilly94

Kahlira

Yay for new happy thoughts! <3 So happy for them =D Snow, and hatcheries, and other stuffs XD

Kah has a happy! Yesterday, my great niece turned two! Went to her party last night. Heh, actually, I went from work, to home, to pick up my niece from school, back home, went to my other niece's place for the party. And had taco's and cupcakes! Sweet!

Today is the party of my best friend's kid. He'll be two the 18th. He's such a sweety. Am trying to arrange a playdate with my great niece and my best friend's kid. >.> Cute little redhead, the smart one, with the nice... Well his hair is darkening. So he's becoming brown haired. It would be so much cute!

And then again tomorrow, well, I reckon it would be again my great nephew's birthday party, but that one's not related to me by blood. It's my sister's "adoptive" daughter's kid's birthday. He'll be four. Probably not going to that one, but I was invited. Soo many parties for the Kah. So many little ones, which I am blessed to know and love.

Neocridders

Today I started my in-car driving school.
I took driving school 6months ago, and basically I should have had a license by the time I turned 16. But I'm almost 18 now. So... yay for getting a little bit closer!

Kahlira

Kah has a happy for today! Filed my taxes, and from federal, I get back just a bit over 1k. (squee) BUT! Even happier! For the first time in about 5 years, I get back a state! *ded* I get a whopping three bucks! Wait, what? 3 lousy dollars you say? When I've owed them for the past five years (Or broke even, one or the other) For me, this makes me happy. lol

Luv007

My mommy is coming to see me... I think....  SOMEONE is coming to see me for my birthday TONIGHT.  Or my husband may loose a piece of his anatomy for getting me so syked....  I'm pretty happy because it is super lonesome not having any face to face interaction with anyone but my child and hubby.  Bc my child doesn't speak well yet, and my husband is in the dog house... So I am EXCITED.

Ryuukokoro

Urg. Had a horrible horrible day today. Dumped on at work and dumped on at the other online forum I visit. -_- Is it just the universe's day to rain on Ryuu, or what?

And my birthday is in two weeks and I haaaate my birthday with a steaming passion. >.< Grrrr.

Let's see, something positive... something positive...

I'm going to bed soon, does that count? >.< Man I wish this day was over already...

Luv007

Aww, Ryuu. I'm sorry you're having such an utterly terrible day.

Luv loves Ryuu....  There's another something positive!!

Ryuukokoro

Ryuukokoro

Trying to think positive today: What's a good thing about having your birthday on Superbowl Sunday....? -_- Well, at least if I want to drive somewhere the roads should be pretty empty.

I am now going to be corny and post inspiring blurbs from a book I have. Today's quote thingy:

"Our minds are as different as our faces: we are all traveling to one destination; --happiness; but few are going by the same road." -- Charles Caleb Colton

Kahlira

i have to work Super Bowl Sunday. I expect high call-in rates. Maybe not in our area, since we're mainly women and older folks and the game doesn't start until well after our shift ends. but yeah. The unloads will be terribly lousy with call-ins, and so we'll have to stay longer. So I get more money yes!

Ryuu will be having a birthday! Shweet! Happy early birthday, lovey <3

That's a pretty cool quote there.

As for a happy today. Hrm.. I'll be going to Wal-Mart soon, and they're having a winter clearance, and I could use new pants. No money back yet from tax money though. Am waiting patiently and calling every single day to see if my money is in yet. lol!

zarzamora

Attacked the foal's face (seems strange calling her a yearling!) with the trimmers today and she was a star (much better than almost 4yr old Ariel!)! she was looking rather Yeti-like, and she was not rocking the bearded look!

please excuse the poor pics- they were just taken on my phone x

springacres

Ryuukokoro

Thank you guys. X3

Zarz she is gorgeous--and look how big she is now, omgosh! She looks great. Also your phone takes way better pictures than mine does. XD

Hee hee hee spring that is funny!

springacres

Thanks Ryuu :)  It was posted by The Oatmeal, but suffice it to say it encapsulates my views on football pretty well too!

Ryuukokoro

cheesy positive inspirational thingy for the day:

We are glass: We shine. We shatter. We are shaped by the light that passes through us.

Painted Unicorns

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on February 05, 2012, 05:15:52 PM

Zarz she is gorgeous--and look how big she is now, omgosh! She looks great. Also your phone takes way better pictures than mine does. XD

;D Thanks

the show schedules are beginning to appear online - so we are all very excitedly planning shows! Lucy is huge now! Ariel went to be measured for her JMB certificate (required for showing in particular height classes) and she measured in at 146 cm (approx 14.1ish) - which is a good thing- as it means she wont have to have ride judges climbing on and off her in her first year of ridden showing!
Silvanon - Creator/Owner
PonyMama - Manager, Colourist - Posts in blue
Bunraku - Colourist - Posts in green
Skysong - Colourist - Posts in Purple
Winged - Colourist - Posts in Orange
sunchaser - Colourist - Posts in Teal

Kahlira

Lucy is getting so big!

And still gorgeous =D

I did something today I kept saying I would: get new glasses. Man, I hate going to the eye doctor, but all's good. I have a uh, 20/400 vision in my eyes or something. (My eyesight is verrry bad) And I dunno, they always leave me feeling like an idiot, never telling me anything.  But my insurance covered most of it, I only had to pay $76 for two pairs (One having the progression lenses, going from clear to dark, the other being your basic run of the mill every day boring glasses) But still, it works.

And then, while I was waiting for my basic pair to be done (Since my good pair had to be sent off to be made or something since they don't have those lenses in stock) I went to a store called Catherines! Plus size clothing is always nice. They were having a President's Day Sale, everything in the store buy one get one free. Nice, eh? So, I got a nice shirt, pair of pants with a cute design on the back pockets, and a bra (It was reduced to 8 bucks, which is one good deal for a larger cup person like myself) And I only spent $53 and change. So excited =D Can't wait until I actually do something that warrants the wearing of my new pretty shirt. Might wear it to Friday Night Poker Night at my brother's place. lol!

So yeah, am wearing my new glasses, which are basic and so long as I'm still they're pretty good, and if they're thick, peh, so what. I can't help that. It's going to be a good day I think.

Ryuukokoro

Good job Kahlira!!

If anyone needs some positive cheer, this song from my weekly MLP cartoon has had be grinning for the past few days.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFIs74TmfI4

SkySong

Eh, I have a little happy - it's Friday! I'm thoroughly squishing the part of my brain that says it's just two more days till back to school. I also have a band concert tonight, and am glad to be getting it over with, even if I don't feel ready to play.

Ryuukokoro

Hey guys~ *drags self in*

March is a HORRIBLE month at my job. -_- We're soooo busy. Every day I go home knowing there was half a dozen things I didn't get done today which have to be done tomorrow... then the same thing happens the next day. >.< So I'm pretty stressed these days. And tired! And depressed about some other things going on...

But I did get a chuckle from the UPS guy who came to deliver some office supplies today. He says to me:

"Any day you're looking down at the daisies instead of up at them is a good day, eh?"

I've been chuckling about that for hours now. ^.^

Winged

That's horrible you're so busy at work Ryuu! I know i'm really bad at stress. Haha that made me laugh too xD

March for me is counting down the days till may when we have our exams. But i'm looking forward to my lambing job at the start of april so that's positive :)
Owner of Gliders!