News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Everything Positivity Thread

Started by bewilderness, March 20, 2010, 12:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springacres

Tomorrow is payday for me!

And Taru and Garney have combined to totally, completely make my day.  Seriously, you guys rock. ;D

YourLoveOnly

I have a day off and Taru delivered my chihuahua pups and 2 new sammies :D

springacres

I got my first Painted Unicorn today and he is an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS peregrine falcon mimic!

Tribe

Today hunnis a happy girl <3

Even though our electric company is infamous for being hard asses and not giving people extensions on deadlines i called the company and got a really nice customer service guy that i could UNDERSTAND. He gave me the 2 day extension that we needed AND our bill is like 200 less then i though it was :D so yay there.

Next and this is going to sound horrible but my son epic is staying with his grandma joy and i will get to sleep tonight <3 I havnt got a full nights rest in maybe 2 weeks? Its starting to toll on me with being pregnant and all.

then we have easter tomorrow YAY its one of my favorites no doubt! coloring eggs is out this year because epics not quite old enough to enjoy it and im very sure he'd some how end up dying himself instead of the eggs..but still sunday dinner with my grandma at 1..dinner with the in laws (hey it contains food i can deal with them for that XD) at 4 then im going to watch my step dads new band practice.

Ryuukokoro

I was having a REALLY crappy day. First my boss answered the phone when I called work to get my schedule, and asked me to come in an hour and a half earlier than I was supposed to (there goes sleep!). THEN when I got there the boss's wife asked me to stay an EXTRA two hours after I was supposed to get off. >.<

Add to that that I needed to return a movie I rented (and with no car, that's a fifteen minute walk both ways) and then I needed to get home, pay my bills because the collectors keep calling and bugging me, and then find my bleepin' W2's because I have 3 days left to file taxes. >_< What a suck day!

But good friends in my life have made things positive! After the boss's wife went home, my best friend manager at Dairy Queen let me leave when I was supposed to rather than staying the extra 2 hours (we were slow so they really didn't need me) and I got a ride from another coworker so I didn't have to make the walk to the movie rental store.

Then I talked with some old friends on instant messenger and felt better. Managed to pay all my bills online and I'm now digging up my W2's...though I may do the actual filing after work tomorrow because I'm darn tired right now... -_-

Ryuukokoro

Eeeeee I just filed my taxes and I'm getting over $1,000 back!! 0__0 This has been the first year I've ever gotten money back after I file taxes. Usually I end up paying several hundred.

Soooo . . . wow, Ryuu is sitting pretty for the time being. Thank you, government!

bewilderness

Awesome!  (Can I borrow some?  ;D ;) )

Positive things today:
I'm making homemade peach/pecan ice cream tonight.
It's a beautiful day outside.
My stocks are up.

Zephyr

Today I stood on the porch and watched it rain....listened to the thunder and watched it pour so hard the air looked silver, and it was beautiful! ^_^

Ryuukokoro

Tonight the first episode of the new Hell's Kitchen season is on!! Whooooo!! ^_____^ I'm so excited!

springacres

Today I got my first Quinsta!  Also, yesterday my mom came back from Italy :)

tierasa

My dogs both went to the vet today and both were deemed healthy!

Also Friday, my grandmother's chow had 9 puppies.  6 girls, 3 boys. 

bewilderness

My therapist has agreed to write me a letter for T in the next 2 or 3 months.  I'm so stoked about this right now.

Ryuukokoro

Res an old thread for excitement!! FTW!

Tonight is the premiere of a new show I've been WAITING to watch! Gordon Ramsey's new Fox show: Master Chef! They've been running ads for it for months and finally tonight is the night. Whee!

springacres

I finally managed to get a male Quin today!  And realized after I snagged him that I used to daydream about owning a chestnut Arabian stallion back when I was a lot younger :)

Keilin Alyr

My eyes no longer take great feats of mental reserve bordering on psychic prowess just to focus on text on a computer monitor, nor do my eye sockets continue to feel like they've been stuffed with cotton, nor do bright lights still cause wincing pain and the world to spin like some sort of bizarre 70's movie.

My eyes have finally settled out of eye exam-induced dilation! No more zombie eyeballs! =D

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Ryuukokoro

This thread is very very old but Ryuu really needs to hear positive things lately, so I'mma resurrecting it! A lot of crappy things have been happening in my life these days, including losing the emotional support of a place I loved a lot but I'm no longer welcome there, and work has been stressful on top of it and money is tight. Plus NaNo has me all stressed out. Life sucks. You know the drill. =P

I've been trying to do a lot of Okibi stuff to keep my brain occupied, so I don't think about how depressed I am all the time lately. And this thread is such a great idea, I think we should all take a moment of our day to think of positive things. Just reading other people's positive thoughts makes me feel better! ^.^

Positive things from Ryuu today:
-the weather has been almost 60 degrees all week, which is way above normal for this time of year!
-even though I lost the support of some people, I still have friends who care about me
-a new bookstore opened up near my house and it's huge and awesome

Kahlira

Something positive that happened to me today, I got to see and play with my great niece for about an hour before her nanna came and got her =D It's been a few weeks since I've last seen her. She's about 21 months old, and can sort of count. You say one, she says two, you say three, she says four, and so on. Up to ten. She knows the letters of her name, though she doesn't exactly say them in order. Plus, she knows some colors, Green for instance. And purple, and pink. To name a few. She can mimic what the animals say. Cat's go meow, dogs go woof woof. And she's pretty. She'll tell you that. I'm pretty. *grins* She's a happy little camper. Cute as can be. I'll hunt down a pic of us. From, like, a year ago, but she's just as cute now as she was then.

I love this thread idea. Don't know why I haven't seen it before.

And her pic. (From Halloween 2010) And yes, that is a Kah holding her little Mini me =D

Ryuukokoro

She is adorable Kahlira!

Today I am thankful for painkillers that work. -.- And for it being a slow day at the office.

Luv007

I am thankful for good friends and amazing family.

Also, Ryuu, feel free to shoot me a PM if you need to talk....

Scullisto

I am thankful every single day for this little black cat that saved my life at the same time I saved hers.  She is my little heart & soul.

Miss Elphaba Manki LaBete Poosebane

Wildfilly94

Ryuu, I'm sorry things have been sucky for you lately. :( I hope things get betterIts Kah!!!! :DD

And Sculli your cat is beautiful! Her eyes are like the moon, or stars, in the dark midnight sky. :)

Ryuukokoro

Thanks guys *huggles*

Wildfilly that's very nice! Poetic! <3

zarzamora

today I'm feeling positive that tomorrow is friday and then it is the weekend and next week is pay day! Woohoo!

SkySong

I'm feeling positive because tomorrow I don't have to wake up early for school tomorrow, I got all A's and B's on my report card today, and my mom also said she'd get someone to help me with my snare solo over the weekend!(my go-to guy is out of town)
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Kahlira

*grins* Thanks guys, I love my little great niece (Though if you ask my normal niece's they'll tell you I'm a mean great aunt)

Something good that happened today: It was payday, and I got like, 20 bucks more then usual on my check! Bonus! Plus, my nemesis left work early for some reason (I never asked why. Just went YAY! when I noticed she was gone). She irks me. Majorly. She just looks mean. And has the attitude to match. BUT she left early, and I figure it was nothing major, otherwise someone would have told me. (Though I don't like her, verrry few people know it. Including her)

Wildfilly94

I just finishd an awesome human drawing. I worked 6 hours straight on her. MAy color her too, which will be another few hours with extra shading and such. My hand hurts and my eyes hurt terribad, but i feel very happy with my drawing. I fail at humans, but this one, and the last one i did are pretty good. Though thisone has waaay more detail. SOme you cant even see due to no color on her, yet. I shall show pictures tomorrow hopefully. and start another drawing. Hha. :)

springacres

My last performance review at work was good and I got a small raise as a result!

zarzamora

woohoo! Haha- i was thinking it was facebook and was looking for the like button then!

Ryuukokoro

Whoa, that's beautiful, wildfilly!

Positive thing from Ryuu today:
I drive by a big farm on my way to work and today they had a new little herd of five ponies in the front paddock! CUTE little furry buggers. They made me smile.

Wildfilly94

Kahlira

Fluffy mini horses are so much cute!

Ok, I didn't post yesterday, but in order to say everything, I reckon one little thing needs to be said, which I haven't told anyone about. My husband and I are going through this thing right now, and I'm not living with him (hence the complicated life) so I'm living with my sister for the time being until 1) we work out our difference, which is doubtful since he loves his flaming red head more then he loves me, or 2) we get a divorce, which would kill me emotionally inside.

Anyways, back to gladness: Yesterday, my sister was all HEY! Want to go to Momma's house for chili tonight? (Momma's house is the house of one of her friends, and a former neighbor of mine, who we're both mutually close to, she lives there with her own mum, aunt, brother, husband, and two kids) I love her chili, so I agree. We get over there, and my sister was all HEY! Wanna go to the bar? Sure! I love to karaoke. So we get there, and I'm like I want one of those beach drinks. They didn't have any. So, I said, something fruity. What they gave me was pure awesome! The bacardi coconut rum mixed with pineapple. SO much awesome. Went to a happy place. Plus! It was a little bar, and it was the owner's birthday.  And there was cake. An adult themed cake. The fondant on top of it, I decided I didn't like it. But the cake itself was just awesome. =D

Anyways, everyone was just a wee bit drunk to drive home, so it was like. Slumber party! (The brother and hubby went hunting, so there was extra space) So, yeah, me and my sister shared the brother's bed. And that was my happy from yesterday/this morning.

Today! I got a hamburger from Wendy's. I liked it! It was just burger and regular sliced cheese, and melty cheese. And that was it. Pure win! Cheese in any form (except goat cheese) makes me happy. Plus! I can get a free up to 3 topping pizza next time I order from Papa John's. I went on my account today and I have 39 bonus points. You need 25 for the free pizza. Might do that for dinner tomorrow.

Ryuukokoro

*hugs Kahlira* Sounds like a good day! Times are tough everywhere, aren't they? -_- They say it will get better someday...so I just keep holding on, going day by day. It's all we can do I guess.

Positive thing for Ryuu for today... I got to go shopping with mom today! ^_^ It was great to see her, it's been a while. Although the shopping was astroceous... honestly people, I know the holidays are coming but that doesn't mean you have to forget basic driving safety skills!

Kahlira

I like how you phrase that, it's all we can do is get by, day by day.

Gah, don't even get me started on the holiday crazies out. Already >.<

But anywho, today, I got to work belt 8. My absolute favorite belt to work on. The volume coming down that belt is only about 200 or less packages (Compared to 800 or so on 5, the other belt I get put on) And though I worked 4 hours, it didn't seem like it.

And I played Monopoly. (I love that game!) And in the end, I would have probably won, my niece had the oranges and the Baltic/Mediterranean, where I had the yellows and the dark blues. I could have won in the end, but after a few hours of playing, I was getting hungry. So we ate dinner. Now I'm sitting here, watching M*A*S*H. The episode where Hawkeye loses his vision. It makes me cry.

zarzamora

only 6 days to go until Lucy's final foal show- and its a big one- British National Foal of the Year show! exciting!!

Luv007

I got the dishes clean today....

Which normally is a minimum of what I do around the house, but with hubby gone- that's a big step. I like to pretend that however long he's gone for is just one really big day, so I don't get much done normally except distracting myself.

It makes me thankful for those wives that survive deployment without their significant others, and thankful that I've never been through one.  2 weeks is NOTHING to what you guys sacrifice for your country.

springacres

The sun came out today, and it's not super cold yet either!

And ooh, Zaz, she looks beautiful!  I'd go with this pic myself: http://www.equinationalimagestore.co.uk/images/2011/november/ncpa-lancs/071111-sunday/indoor-ring1/pages/OUN%20750.html

Ryuukokoro

*hugs to everyone* Thanks for helping me keep this thread alive, guys. It's really helping me get by. :)

Those are adorable photos, Zarz! I have no idea which one I would choose. XD;;

Positive thoughts for today: Helped dad move a giant couch out of the basement and to the dump. Sounds silly, but it really feels good to use my muscles for a change rather than sit behind a computer and answer a phone all day every day. Once in a while getting all sweaty and tired really makes you feel productive!

Kahlira

Lucy is getting so big now! Wow! Seems like only yesterday she was a little tiny baby. O.O

*snugs for Ryuu* <3

What dd I do today positively? Hrm.. I had a lazy day. Didn't even get out of my jammies all day long, and I'm still in them. They're predicting rain tonight, possibly a huge thunderstorm. They're so pretty at night to watch, hopefully there will be no tornadoes spawned during the night! Seems odd to talk of tornadoes in November. Or Thunderstorms round here. lol. Gotta love the weather. Tomorrow it will rain. Weatherman said so, likely 100% chance of rain. That's a rarity to predict 100%. AND! I had a big ole cup of Big Red! The nectar of the Gods! Whee! Might be why I'm super giggley tonight.

Luv007

My husband will be home in less than 21 hours!  I can't wait!!

Kahlira

Went to bed early before I posted anything.

and Yay for hubby coming home! Whee! He'll be here soon, yes? =D

And speaking of hubbies... Mine got yelled at yesterday by my best friend. He was walking out (in the rain no less) ((background at UPS the place is so huge we have a shuttle that picks us up at the guard shack and drives us to one of the designated stops and we have to walk from ourr work area from there, and since hubby is in the old building, he'd have to walk just as far to the shuttle stop as he would the way out)) Anywho, we both ended up coming out at the same time, and my best friend started by calling him a jerk, and then it went downhill from there. He just stood there with a hangdog look on his face. It was so funny. I laughed. We were outside the guardshack. And he just stood there and took it until she was finished, everyone watching waiting for actuaal blows to fall, but my friend is not stupid. You can shout all you want, but if punches fall then you're fired. Chyah XD My friends love me.

Luv007

In.... EIGHT hours now!!  Yay! 

And best friends are amazing.  Mine all held me for the big panic attack that came after Joe left Saturday, then cuddled with me so I could sleep.  <3 best friends!!

Kahlira

Yay! =D

Today was an eh sort of day, if I hadn't gotten up to go to work, I would have stayed home, locked in my room. I didn't want to go to work at all. Rainy gloomy days depress me, and I just felt so grief stricken that I was to the point of tears. my best friend was in a bubbley mood, which put me in a better one. And then when I went on break, I bought a new type of chips. Popped chips. They're gluten free. And not too bad, but needed more seasoning.

Get home and sitting on the dresser was baby Puss (The McDonald's happy meal toy) I was so happy. The one I wanted (And wouldn't look like a dork going into Mcdonald's asking.. HEY! do you have baby puss?)) He hasn't left my side. He has a button on his back, you push it and his pupils do that go so huge and OMG! SO CUTE! thing.

springacres

My happy for the day:

I WILL BE GETTING MY FIRST EVER FELI SOON :D  Thank you sooo much YLO and TheLeet!

Ryuukokoro

lol that is a good happy, spring!

It's hard for Ryuu to find positive things these days... I mean of course I'm happy I have a job and a place to live and food and all that. I know some people don't even have that. Just been so blah lately. Maybe because the weather is getting colder. By the time I get off work at 5pm it's pitch-black outside, I have to drive 50 min. in the dark to get home. Then I'm feeling so blah I just eat dinner and go right to bed, and watch tv or read stuff online in bed until I go to sleep.

My parents say "How was your day?" when I get home and I just kinda grunt cuz I'm tired and I've been driving for an hour and it's been a long day and I don't have much to be happy about these days. -_- Then they tsk and say "It doesn't sound like you like your job very much, maybe you should find something else." That's not it at all, I DO like the job. It's just that the darkness and the long commute are killing me.

But on the way to work today I passed a church and the reader board out front said "God bless free elections, veterans, children, and the holidays." Not the usual stuff I see on churches signs, so it made me pay attention. I never really thought about being thankful for the right to vote, before!

springacres

I never really thought about being thankful for the right to vote, either, Ryuu.  (Though voting and related issues have been on my mind a lot for the past few months, thanks in part to the new voter ID law that was passed in my state this year...)

On a happy note:
The sun is out again today, I have two wonderful pets who I love very much, and I get extra hours at work this week!

zarzamora

Aw Ryuu, i hate the early night too :( no time for the ponies.

But- its only 36 sleeps till christmas!
I am also really looking forward to my final show of the year on sunday too with my precious little Lucy, she has behjaved so well at them and done so well in the ribbons! A 1st and a 2nd , so I'm very proud of my first homebred foal!

Its also the CHAPs annual ball the weekend after this, and I have my ball gown taken in and ready, and my hair booked in, so I am excited for that!

Ryuukokoro

She got a 1st and a 2nd!? That's awesome, Zarz! ^^

Ryuu is going to be happy today, she's going to go see Happy Feet Two after work! The first one was so cute. I'm really looking forward to it ^^

zarzamora

yep- 1st at the first show and 2nd at the 2nd show- expecting a 3rd at the third show haha