News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

join.me, why must you lag so much?

Started by Bunraku, December 05, 2012, 11:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunraku

So, I was attempting to set up join.me today, because I want to be able to help those that request it (Although I think I'll probably be too shy to actually color someones custom live, I don't work well with people watching! ><) But again I'm faced with the trouble of some strange, crippling lag that makes no sense to me. I've seen others work with no problems on join.me, why can't I?

My computer...should not be lagging, even though the templates are massive and have multiple layers in ever single piece of them. This laptop is capable of running an MMO, SIMS, PS, a browser, a word processor...all at the same time....and I have no memory problems and am still able to color perfectly fine.

Yet with JUST PS and firefox open, I suddenly can't color for the life of me while attempting to use join.me.

What is going on D8 Any ideas? Because I feel like a total jerk when I say no to join.me sessions when everyone else is able to do them ><

YourLoveOnly

Maybe it's the operating system on your computer? Like for example maybe it works well on XP but not on Vista or Linux or whatever? *just naming some random examples here*

Bunraku

I have Windows 7, but its always possible x.x I just don't get why this one thing gives me so much trouble XD

Winged

I have windows 7 too... perhaps it's your interent connection?
Owner of Gliders!

Pinkshadow

Is your join.me flashing like crazy?
- because i have the same problem, and dont know why :/

Have Windows 7 too.

Bunraku

It might be Winged, but would my internet actually make Photoshop lag during join me?

Pink, I have not had the flashing problem, but I do end up having my browser window blank out and eventually crash

Winged

I'm not sure, join.me works fine for me when i'm plugged in to the college internet but when i watched other people's join.me at home on bad connection it would make the rest of the computer slow.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I agree with that, when one thing on your computer freezes up the rest will have trouble behaving normally as well because your computer will try to fix the issue with the freezing and thus cannot focus on running everything else smoothly. If my internet freezing then trying to click on another program or coloring in GIMP goes laggy for me too, even though the issue is the internet connection and those other programs do not use the internet.

Luv007

My internet is TERRIBLE, and it still doesn't give me any trouble.  So, perhaps it's something else?

Skysong's computer tends to have this issue I think, but I'm not sure what program she runs it on.  Might poke her and ask if she has any suggestions?  But I could be wrong and they are two different issues completely.

Bunraku

I've had the problem where everything else lags on the computer due to the browser having trouble loading something, but that was back when I had an older router and an older computer, this one just doesn't do that under normal circumstances because it's built with so much memory. I don't understand how I can run an MMORP laglessly and yet not do join.me on the same internet connection. (Not at the same time of course XD) Still, I understand where you guys are coming from and it could still be possible.

Luv, I'm starting to think it could be. Perhaps SkySong might have some answers, because I just don't get it.

Silvanon

I was just looking over their troubleshooting page ( https://join.me/welcome/webhelp/joinme/join.me/jm_faq_troubleshooting.html ) and it seems one thing to check is that you have the latest version of Flash installed.    You can check it and get updates here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

SkySong

I have problems whenever I run it, and I run with Paint Tool SAI. My internet is fairly fast compared to some others I've seen, but it always seems to like bugging me. However for me it starts to freeze up and it will get to the point where I have to manually close everything down and shut off join.me from the task manager in order to get everything to work. Can't recall having lag so bad I can't work with it, unless if I'm using someone else's screen.

Sorry I can't be of any more help. If you know a thing or two about computers you can try going into task manager and closing a few things that are running in the background? (Trust me, they do that. Even if it doesn't say they do.) Just got to make sure you don't end anything that actually should be running.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed