News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gulliver's Travels Illustrations

Started by Taruia, June 29, 2010, 07:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taruia

So, this past term I had to do 5 illustrations for a classic novel. I chose Gulliver's Travels because I really do love the book. Now, keep in mind I am not an illustrator, I'm a graphic designer, and the first drawing class I ever had was just over a year ago. However, I think that a couple of these are pretty good, and I worked insanely hard on them lol, so be gentle with criticism :) I have already been graded on these anyways.

Gulliver being attacked by giant rat in Brobdingnag

One of the Houyhnhnms

Gulliver seeing the floating city of Laputa coming towards him

A hallway at the academy where they study nonsense things

The specter of Alexander the Great Gulliver meets on Glubdubdrib

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

SeaCrest

Wow, those are really good! I love the expression on the mouse's face, and the texture is really nice in all of them! ;)

sera

Dude, Taruia.  These are really awesome.  i am in awe of your perspective shots, and especially Laputa!  Yegads, those are so amazing!  i also the giant rat. x3  Wot media did you use?  Gads, those perspective pieces just blow my mind; they are so well done! ^^  *can't stop staring at those*

Taruia

I used mixed media, for the base it was gouache paint with sharpie for outline. Then for texture I used Staedtler pens.  On some I used Prismacolor colored pencils for shading and detail.

Oh and thanks so much guys!

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

YourLoveOnly

Wow, those are really good!

Edit: hey someone else said the exact same thing xD

TheLeet