News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

:l: The Chunik : Wolves of the Southern Sun :l:

Started by Jaye, September 26, 2009, 01:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaye

The Chunik, an ancient breed whose lineage is set in the very roots of the world. They rose with the sun as it stirred the heavens in its waking each morning, and chased its tail across the open plains as it circled their land. Packs of Chunik would flock together in unity as they pursued what they percieved as the Southern Sun, an endless fire that blazed in the air and warred with the moon. When other wolves took to the drear of the night, the Chunik instead flourished in the light of the sun, the great sun, their Southern Sun.

But such a life was not fitting for wolves. Members of other clans, including the proud and powerful Greys, thought the Chunik inferior to them, because they lived in the light. The Greys in particular were opposed to this, for no wolf ought to live in the openness of the daylight. This primitive lifestyle, unadept and uneffective, had to be inferior. It was conlcuded that the Chunik were not equal to the night breeds. They were driven into servanthood and slavery within the packs of other clans.

Some leaders within the Chunik clan, though there were few throughout the breed, sought the freedom of their kin. A great gathering was met between the Chunik before the sun in the plains, while their packmates scoured the shadows of the forest.

"We must leave this place, this land, our Southern Sun," proposed a wolf named Janu, "this world can no longer sustain our kind, when our own cousins would turn us into the unmentionables within the packs of other clans..."

There was much disgust in his voice, and in his eyes there was a kind of calm fury, a gleam of regret, and a firey passion that scoured his soul. That day there was much debate as to what could be done, but there seemed no other conclusion to serve their goal. Staying in these lands would see them all slaves to the Greys and their kind. The Night Breeds would not bend in this.

Sadly, the Chunik left as one great mass from their plains, that world, and wandered tirelessly for days...months...years. Until finally they came upon the open plains of Secundi, though none among them knew how it was they found themselves there.

Seeking kinship amongst the inhabitants of Secundi, these wolves are eager for a second chance. In respect to their precious sun, the prefix of their name in this world, Chun, reffers to that great orb ablaze under which they once thrived...

Perhaps you would assist them in this new land? Show them around? You may find in them a friend...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the Plains:
Hello everyone, and welcome to Secundi's plains! Here reside the fine Chunik, a later generation of course than the original refugees. Still, they seek the security of friendship with Secundi folk, and I proposed they join the "adoptable" creatures amongst the Secundians. To my great pleasure they agreed. =)

Jaye

Information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Art:
Artwork :: Jaye
Refference :: RainaDayze
((this was my first time drawing a realistic wolf, I utilized this image as a refference for the pose. I DID NOT STEAL THIS! It was Free-use stock on DA. I just used it to get the proportions right. Sketches, progress shots, and permission from the stock owner may be provided upon request.))

Ownership:
This adoptable will be semi-realistic. In that sense, the wolves will be breedable through artificial insemination, (of course this will require the purchhase of tools that may allow this to happen) however they may also breed with members of their own pack of their own accord. Hence, there may be some random pups during season.

With normal ownership, one can possess as many Chunik as they so desire (and can attain in events) and their wolves may randomly reproduce. However, they cannot inseminate any of their females, nor can their wolves participate in any competitions. To do so, you need to be a

Trainer:
Trainers' wolves are bred to rock the socks off competitors. Trianers can breed their wolves as well as contest them in competitions.

Wolves are given a starting level of 1. When they win a competition, they level up. First place is awarded 3 levels, second is awarded 2, and third levels up 1. The higher the wolf's level, the more likely it is that they will win, hence there will be different classes to separate out the higher levels from the newbies.

Trainers' can also breed their wolves to get higher level pups. When they breed two wolves together, the baby's level will be a randomly selected integer between the level values of the parents, with an extentional value of 2 on both ends. For example, if I were to breed a level 7 with a level 14, my pup could be anywhere between level 5 and level 16, and Random.org will decide that for us.

A good trainer will utilize both breeding as well as competing to get their wolves maxed, or to level 60, because a maxed wolf is not only valuable, but their owner will get 10 points. (explained below)

To get even more involved with the Chunik, one may become a

Facility:
Facility owners can not only compete and breed wolves, but they can run their own competitions and breeding programs. A breeding program may not only inseminate their own wolves, but can also offer sperm and brood females for other people. If one does not own a Facility, they cannot offer up Stud or RB programs. However, they may recieve such services from other users.

If one has a Facility, as I mentioned above you can also run a competition. There is a limit to 1 per month/user, so you can never organize more than 1 a month. Notification must be sent to me so I can crunch the numbers out and enter the results into the records, but you are able to offer the competition to the public.

More information about how to do so may be provided to you upon registering as a Facility.

If that's a little much for you, you can also become a

Breeder:
A breeder may offer Studs, but not RBs to the public and is able to artificially inseminate their females. It's pretty simple, you can pretty much manage your breeding program. Breeders and Trainers and Facilities may sell their breeding tools, Stud services, and (in Facility's case) RB's for SG, PG, BP, Points, or an adoptable trade.

Stud services may be offered as many times as you want, so long as you have enough test tubes to carry the sperm. (these are, essentially, what you are selling)

Now, above, I mentioned "50 points", and I bet you're curious what I meant.

Point System:
Points may be achieved by doing anything between placing 1st in a competition (+3), breeding twins (+2) or by maxing your wolves (+50). They may then be saved and used to buy prizes from our shop. Breeding items, Facilities, Training Liscenses and Breeding Liscenses may all be purchased with points. (and, occassionally, with SG)

Points are awarded for the following:

Attaining your 1st Wolf: (+5)
Placing 1st in a Competition: (+3)
Placing 2nd in a Competition: (+1)
Breeding a Level 5+ Pup: (+1)
Breeding a Level 10+ Pup: (+3)
Breeding Twins: (+2)
Reaching Lvl 20 (+5)
Reaching Lvl 40 (+10)
Maxing your Wolf (+50)

Eventually, you may be able to win points through other means, and I may add on to this list. However, as of yet, this is how it stands. You may notice that winning your first Wolf will earn you 5 points. This is for your First Wolf Only. Just to get you started.

--A quick note, Facility owners, when they run their own competitions, may offer some of their own points as prize to the winners of their competition. Keep in mind that these must be provided by the Facility, and that the Chunik program will not sponsor such awards. Also note that the 1st and 2nd place prized listed in this thread are for my own monthly competitions, and will not be awarded to winners of other contests.--

Point Shop:
Breeding Tools - 2pts - Can be used once. Needed to breed.
Bed - 3pts - Can be assigned to a female, may be used up to 3 times. Needed to Breed.
Test Tube - 1pt - Used to collect sperm from a Stud. Must be used before selling stud services.

Training Camp - 5pts - Can be used once to increase the level of your wolf by 3 (permanently) : you may purchase this service more than once for the same wolf.

Breeding Liscense  - 5pts - Registers as a Breeder
Training Liscense - 10pts - Registers as a Trainer
Facility - 20pts - Registers as a Facility

Custom Wolf - 15pts - We know what this is!

More coming eventually. ^.^

Any questions? feel free to ask. Drop me a line with the title "Chunik Question" and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Jaye

Mailing List:
To be added to our Mailing List (which will inform you of all of my own competitions, as well as the availability of items, Chunik, and points) please post in this thread with your Exact username in Bold. Thankyou!

Current List:
springacres

Jaye

Pick Ups:

none

Jaye

Availability:
Auction:
Since this is going to be our first event, and I'm curious how much you think these guys are worth, I'm going to be offering the first available Chunik in a blind auction. Please send all bids as a PM to this account, and we will finish this even in 24hours. =) (21:00:00 tomorrow) You may bid in SG only!

Prize:

Story Contest:
Nobody knows for sure...but just how was it that the Chunik came to be on Secundi? After all, after ages of wandering, who can really tell what's what anymore?

Got an idea as to how that happened? Great! Please post or PM your story to me. I'm looking for depth, feeling, realism, and detail in a winner, whom will be chosen in one week. The prize will be a full custom and 5pts. =)

Picture Raffle:
This female is happiest as the leaves trickle down from the treetops in the cool grasp of autumn. To win her, please post a picture of something to do with the Fall season, and we will raffle her off in a little less than 24 hours (at 21:00:00 tomorrow)

Jaye

Customs:
Custom wolves will be available for a very short time while we try and get the population of Chuniks up a bit. I'll keep this open until I'm too swamped to keep it open anymore. For the time being, Customs are available at a base rate of 200 SG. I'll have slots, but they'll become immediately re-open when I finish the custom listed there at that moment.

Females are an additional 50SG.
For each marking/pattern/s-gene, add on 20SG.

Form:

QuoteName:
Owner:
Description:
Price:
Slots:
1. TheKat
2. TheKat

Jaye

Post Away!!!

ETA: This is exactly the 2,000 post on Secundi!!! =D

WolfieArt

Oh my the art is just breathtaking!

Are the customs open?

springacres

FeliciaQueens

Name:  Nightwish
Owner:  Felicia Queens
Eye Color:  Blue
Description:  Black body, with silver-light gray-socks, ears, and tail tip.  If possible, can her fur be studded with soft, silvery specks?
Price:  310 SG? Please let me know if I need to change anything.  ^_^
FeliciaQueens
Yes my name had to be run together to register, but please cert her with it separated.

Dragonspyrit

Name: T'sera
Owner: Dragonspyrit
Eye Color: ice blue
Description: Modeled after this wolf(dog): clickie with that lighter face marking color on feet/back of legs and underside of tail
Price:200 + 50 (female) + 20 (face markings) +20 (leg markings) +20 (for tail just in case c: ) = 310? Just let me know~

Jaye

=) Please send finances to this account. ^.^

Dragonspyrit - that is technically just an oddball of a custom, and I'm not sure if it's actually an S-gene I was planning. XD So we'll just call it a Face gene and a body gene. So only 290 SG. =)

FeliciaQueens

Oh she's lovely!  I'll send the SG now; thank you!   :)

Jaye

I'm glad you like her! That light dappling was fun to do! =D

FeliciaQueens

I'll come back and get her a mate when it's not bedtime.  ^_^

Jaye

Hope this looks right to you Dragonspyrit! I had a bit of trouble but I hope it came out something like what you were looking for. =)

Ryuukokoro

(Err...sorry this is so long... ^_^;; I'm not even sure if it's what you are looking for for the writing contest. If you'd like me to pm it to your instead of post here, I can do that.)

New Home
By Ryuukokoro

"Drift, wake up."

He rolled away from the creeping voice. His dreams were deep and peaceful; he did not want to wake.

"DRIFT! Drift. Driiiiiiift. Wake up, the sun! She's risen!"

With a sigh the snow-white wolf opened ice blue eyes. The caves that had been solid black ice when he closed his eyes last night were now sleet gray and dripping with the warmth of the glowing sun. The drop-drop-drop sound of water on stone filled his ears.

A shaggy gray head thrust itself into his view, tongue lolling and warm yellow eyes twinkling with humor. "You are a lazy alpha," chuckled Gaar.

Drift struck out a paw and halfheartedly batted the female away. With a faint groan he climbed to his paws and stretched, first the forelimbs, then the hind. Finally he shook himself all over and trotted out of the caves. Gaar followed at his heels, her black-tipped tail wagging. Normally always gruff, he gave a smile just for her. His energetic and good-natured mate was everything he was not. They were like two halves of one whole.

Drift looked out of the caves and into the small field beyond, and his heart was glad. Chuniks dotted the landscape in pairs or little groups. His pack. They were great in number. They followed him out of faith in his abilities, his intelligence, his strength. He needed to be at his best all the time, for them. There was no margin for error. Thankfully, he had Gaar to keep his nose pointed in the right direction.

Drift glanced upward and noticed Gaar was right. The sun had risen high in the sky; he had overslept. (In his defense, they had been traveling far into the night last night.) Well, no more delay. He threw his head back and sang to the pack.

Chuniks all around the field turned, perked up their heads, ears pricked forward. Those lying down leaped to their feet. Another howl from Drift, joined by Gaar's softer tenor voice, had the whole pack picking up into a run. The pack of Chuniks spilled out of the field like a flood of fur and fang. Drift and Gaar sprang to the front, leading their family through this unfamiliar land.

Drift's thoughts marched through his mind just like his pack ran through this unfamiliar territory. It made every hair on his back stand on end to lead his pack through a land he did not know, territory that was not his own. But the Chuniks had no land of their own. They had been bullied and harried out of any place they could call their own. Not because of a lack of food or fighting for mates, but only because the Chuniks wished to worship the lady sun. They had been told since time began that their kind belonged to the darkness.

A ripple of distaste surged under Drift's skin. He could not understand. The sun was light; she was energy, she was life. How could they expect his pack to run in the darkness, with only tiny pricks of starlight to guide them? He fought to keep a growl out of his throat.

His pack was one of the first of the Chuniks to bolt. Not without purpose, no! He would not turn tail and run without thought. No, he was a leader. He was leading them to new land. A new paradise where they would not be beaten and told to skulk in the darkness like blind cave worms. Where they could be free to eat, to play, to live. But when would they find a land hospitable enough for not only his large pack, but all his people? Already they had traveled for many long days stretching into weeks and weeks.

"Drift," Gaar panted. His blue eyes flicked sideways to his mate. Her beautiful coat, gray above and white below, sparkled in the sunlight. "Look there!" she said urgently.

Drift followed his amber gaze and almost stopped dead in his tracks. Ahead of them was a wide, frothing river. It cut through the land like a gleaming white knife, the sunlight dancing on the water's surface. It stretched wide like a gaping wound. There was no way his pack would be able to cross safely.

Howling a warning for all to hear, Drift slid to a halt, Gaar by his side. Together the alphas of the pack stared at the impassible barrier.

Tail whisking back and forth anxiously, Gaar looked at the river and then at her mate. "Drift, it looks strange to me," she confided.

Drift squinted his pale eyes at the rushing water. Gaar was right, there was something strange about this river. It didn't flash like normal sunlight on water. It almost seemed like the strange ribbon was ...absorbing the sunlight and giving it off as a shining glow!

A rumble of unease rippled through Drift's throat. He glanced around at his pack, who had clustered around to hear what the alphas thought of this strange new thing they had encountered on their travel. Drift couldn't let his pack see him afraid. He raised his head proudly and took cautious steps forward, nose quivering to detect any scent that might explain this strange phenomenon. He turned to look at Gaar. "If it were a normal river, we might be able to swim across."

"It's not a normal river, Drift," Gaar reminded him. "We don't know what it is. ...It could be dangerous."

The white wolf looked left, then right. He shook his head. "It stretches from one side of the horizon to the other," he retorted. "We cannot turn around. We cannot go back to be slaves just because we like to feel the sun on our fur! We have to take the chance."

An uneasy silence fell. His pack followed him out of the only land they knew, crossing dangerous and strange territory without objection. But to ask them to make a leap into the true unknown....

Drift knew he couldn't expect his pack nor his mate to do such a crazy thing. It would be up to him. "Stay here," he growled tersely.

"Drift!" Gaar barked. All humor was gone from her face now. "You can't!"

He smiled at her. "It will be okay," he promised, giving a brief wag of his tail. Then he crouched and leaped straight into the shining river.

Drift's legs churned; he expected to be swimming. But as his paws touched the swirling light, he didn't feel any water. He felt...a warmth, like sunlight. Like living sunlight pooling around his body, floating up around his legs and twining around his body. He was adrift in a sea of light. He had to close his eyes at the bright glow all around him.

Suddenly it was gone. Drift tumbled out of the stream of light and landed on his face. Soft grass under his chin had cushioned his fall.

"What in the world...?" Drift sat up and looked around. His icy eyes opened wide in shock. It was a wide, beautiful world spread in front of him. Wide open plains, rolling hills, shadowy mountains in the distance. Fluffy white clouds chased each other across the blue bowl of the sky. And high above it all, the warm sun cast its rays down and touched everything. As the cool breeze stirred his frosty fur, Drift's face broke into a grin.

He turned and prepared to leap back into the river of light again, to return the way he came. He had found the Chuniks new home.

Jaye

Ryuukokoro

TheKat

I desperately want one of these.... the question is what do I want it to look like XD  That's always the terrible part for me haha.

Jaye

TheKat

The thing is, if I wait to long then all the slots disappear haha.  I usually just go without customs but I really want a custom of these guys... I'm sure I'll figure something out at somepoint.  I'll just have to hope slots are open when I figure that out haha ^^

Dragonspyrit

Ooh she looks wodnerful, thank you =D!!

Now for a new question.. how do I send secunds? XD;;

TheKat

Click Jaye's name on one of her posts.  It will take you to her forum user page.  Click add as buddy (it will be next to the little green block telling you she is online).  Then go to secundi and click Your Account.  You can send funds from there <3

TheKat

Name: Anabelle
Owner: TheKat
Eye Color: Light blue
Description: Just like the ref image with white tips on her feet and tail (added those since they aren't really visible in the image) and also just the tip of her tail being black.
Ref Image(the one on the right): http://enygmamoon.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/two-wolves.jpg
Price: 200 + 20(for female) + ?

Name: Wyatt
Owner: TheKat
Eye Color: Bright green
Description: Modeled after this wolf: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/174/437697107_e2b6d81b67.jpg  Except for the eye color.
Price: 200 + ?

I wasn't really sure how to price them since they aren't really markings so much as based off the pick.  I wasn't sure how you would price the markings on the ref images.  If you could let me know that would be lovely.  I'll send funds as soon as you do.

Jaye

Okay, TheKat, two things: It's +50 SG for a female. =) And also - which wolf do you want in the ref image? I see two (the black one and the white one?)

270 on the Female,
240 on the male =)

TheKat

-pokes my post where it says ref image-  the one on the right ;) (the white/yellow-ish one)

So that's 510 SG total?  Sending it now :)

TheKat

I was curious when I would be recieving my customs.  Please let me know.

Ryuukokoro

Yes and are the contests over? I'm eager to hear the winners. :)

Conroy

Is there a custom slot left? if so i would like to buy one.

Spixy