News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

-{PurrBred Felines}- New Shop Intro Thread!

Started by Ryuukokoro, December 29, 2010, 11:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuukokoro

While walking downtown you see a quaint little shop with an old-style wooden sign hanging on an iron pole above the door. Why yes, that is perhaps the corniest pun you will see today. But we make no promises. ;)

If you choose to walk inside you will discover PurrBred Felines, a cute little shop that looks like it's still in the middle of preparing for a grand opening. Behind the counter you'll find an eccentric "crazy old cat lady" shop owner who only goes by her initials, RK (*cough cough*), and you can just tell by the smell in the air (cat dander and lemon pledge) that there are a bunch of kitties here looking for good homes!

"Please excuse the mess, we've just moved in and we're still getting set up," RK announces as you walk in. She scratches the ears of a black and white cat sleeping on the counter next to the cash register. "But what brings you by today?"

Ryuukokoro

General Adoptable Information:

Firstly, a big thank you to CosmicDragon for all the gorgeous lines for the shop so far! She is marvelous!

Nextly, some general information: This shop plans to be a realisitic cat adoptable with different breeds available. Only real life cat colorations will be available--at first. (More info on that later!) The interactive features will include: RPing your kitties (optional of course), taking them to cat show events to earn ribbons and other prizes, and of course breeding. :3

Lastly, this adoptable shop is being run parallel on another forum (AAA) so the two will be kept separate. (If you collect one cat from here and one cat from AAA, they cannot interbreed or enter the same cat shows, etc.) The ID numbers will be used to tell the difference. Secundi cats will have an S- before the ID number.

Ryuukokoro

The Shop Interior

The Purebred Book
At the counter, RK has a 3-ring binder filled with pages of purebred cat breeders. Each of these breeders has been heavily investigated by RK and she is sure that they breed safely and responsibly, with the health and happiness of the cats in mind. Each breeder specializes in different things, whether it be only tabbies, only strong cat show participants, good-tempered family pets, etc. This book is how you go about adopting purebreds. These cats can enter purebred shows, as all owners will be supplied full papers upon adoption.

The first page currently reads: ADOPTIONS TEMPORARILY ON HOLD.

The Adoption Room
A door on the far wall has a paper taped to it that reads "Adoption Room." Below that is another page with further information: The back room houses the shop's cat kennels. Cats in here are not purebred; they are homeless strays and cats who have come from local shelters who would otherwise be put down from overcrowding at the shelters. Cats adopted from this room will only be able to enter pet shows, not purebred shows, as they have no papers.

A sticky-note on the door currently reads: CATS NAPPING. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER.

Item Sales
In the front of the shop are several shelves and tables, empty at the moment but you can see boxes on the floor with all the items necessary to care for your pet, including all-natural pet foods, vitamins, food/water bowls, toys, and items such as collars and cat beds. One box is mysteriously still sealed with packing tape and just has "dyes" written on the side in black marker.

Breeding Agreement
Because PurrBred Felines is so adamant on their cats have good homes, we ask that you inform us if you intend to breed your female. Before breeding, you agree to bring both the male and female to our personal vet so he can insure the cats are in the best of health. Our vet is a hard-working volunteer who is very busy so there will be limited slots to bring in your pets for him to check. He will supply you with a certificate, which you need to bring to the shop and give RK before the breeding can occur. Further information will be available in time.

Ryuukokoro

Opening Event: Come Introduce Yourself! Event Over!

RK is a bit of an eccentric ole' broad. She wants to get to know someone before she agrees to let them take one of her precious kitties home. Of course she understands that people can't just hang around the shop all day and chat, so she's devised a nice Introduction Form for people interested in adoption to fill out as they come in. Feel free to grab a pencil or pen and fill it out as you look around. There are even a few PurrBred Felines in the Adoption Room ready for new homes today; owners will be chosen from the completed forms.

Event closes: January 2, 2011 18:00:00

Introduction Form
Please print clearly. If you need more room, use the back of this sheet.
Name:
Contact information: XXXX
What brings you by today?:
Would you perhaps be interested in joining some community PurrBred events like cat shows? What other events would you like?:
What breed(s) would you be interested in seeing?:
Do you currently have any other pets? Please describe. Have you considered how they will get along with your new cat?:
Relate a special memory that involved a pet or animal:

Ryuukokoro

Frankin-Feline

Everyone can fill out the form once. At least one PurrBred will be made when there are enough forms, and more if I have time. Franken will be open until the entire thread closes.

Note: All colors must be natural cat colors. If I get combos that don't work together I will adjust. You can put 'none' into any marking/coat/collar slot and it still counts for an entry.

(red or black, or a dilute color like gray/cream/blue/chocolate)
Coat: (any full body coloration like tabby, tort, siamese, tuxedo, van, etc.)
Markings: (boots, belly, chest, face, nose stripe, etc. and you can put in more than one here)
Eye color: (variations on blue/green/yellow only, bi-color is okay)
Collar?: (yes or no)
Collar color: (if collar is 'no' this is N/A obviously but will still count for an entry)
Collar add-on: (buckle, bell, or none)

Sunchaser

since it says 4/4 I claim this post for Sunchaser to nom on the thread o.o

Neocridders

Pinkshadow

Hoping it's open <3

Introduction Form
Name: Pinkshadow aka. Anya
Contact information: Your welcome to PM me <3
What brings you by today?: I saw a shiny new thread and a cuuute kitty inside <3
Would you perhaps be interested in joining some community PurrBred events like cat shows? What other events would you like?: I would join all the event i notice in time and have time to join in on ;)
What breed(s) would you be interested in seeing?: Siamese, Burmese, Norwegian Forest cat??!
Do you currently have any other pets? Please describe. Have you considered how they will get along with your new cat?: A doggy and another cat, and the would loove more company <3
Relate a special memory that involved a pet or animal: Well the day i got my kitty and i had my dog with me to get it, and she protected the kitty from everyone else but me, was kinda funny and really cuute <3

Ryuukokoro

Hee hee, contact info line is just to make it seem more realistic, you don't have to put anything on that line. ;)

jojo

Name: Jojo
What brings you by today?: a love for cats and kitties :)
Would you perhaps be interested in joining some community PurrBred events like cat shows? What other events would you like?: Yes! Cat shows would be very, very fun.
What breed(s) would you be interested in seeing?: Oriental SH/LH, Tonkinese <3, Scottish Folds... pretty much anything, really, but those are some of my favorite breeds.
Do you currently have any other pets? Please describe. Have you considered how they will get along with your new cat?: I have, um... a few Gryphions, and some other cuddly adoptables, but I assure you they are all very responsible and kind creatures and would be very welcoming to a new addition to the family XD
Relate a special memory that involved a pet or animal: My boyfriend's dog was really quite old, but she was bark a greeting and try to stand up every time people came over ^^ She was a very sweet dog.

ETA: MUNCHKINS! please! XD

Neocridders

Name: Neocridders (You can call me Neo)
What brings you by today?:I was strolling by and noticed a new shop. I decided to come in for a peek. I then saw that there were cats, and I'm for sure a cat person. So I decided to take a closer look.
Would you perhaps be interested in joining some community PurrBred events like cat shows? What other events would you like?: I'll definitely be entering my cats in cat shows, should I get any cats. I'd also participate in breeding with other breeders and show handlers.
What breed(s) would you be interested in seeing?: Long hair domestic, ocicat, Savannah, Havana brown, Ohhh I love them all! So, any!
Do you currently have any other pets? Please describe. Have you considered how they will get along with your new cat?:I have lots of adoptable pets, like kennel dogs and cattery cats and others, but I'll keep my kitties inside, and my others will go to their respected houses. Kitties are my favorites, and they are very clean and kind. I'll enjoy their company.
Relate a special memory that involved a pet or animal: Ahh, getting my first ever real pet. I'd had a cat when I was a baby, but honestly, she was just a cat one of my parents gave the other as a joke. She was fluffy and awesome, I'd chase her around. But when we moved to Ohio, we left her with our old nanny.
I had wanted and loved cats my whole life. My childhood hero was Marie the cat from my favorite movie, the Aristocats. I had always wanted a cat for myself. I had every beanie baby cat that was out there.
When I was probably 6 or 7, I got my first cat. Her name is Georgia, and I'm still loving her today. She was just a baby when we got her, so seeing her grow and continue to put up with me is fantastic. I love to pet her, but she's not a fan of too many pets. She'll give you a nice swat or two when she's ready for you to stop. But I love her all the same. She's made my whole world, and I love her so very much.

That's my story, or some of it. I couldn't possibly tell you all the adventures we've had.

Aralie

Name: Aralie
What brings you by today?: A love for all types of cats
Would you perhaps be interested in joining some community PurrBred events like cat shows? What other events would you like?: Most definately!
What breed(s) would you be interested in seeing?: Persian, Blue Russian, Egyptian Mau
Do you currently have any other pets? Please describe. Have you considered how they will get along with your new cat?: Have a few Chimaeras but they are all friendly and would be happy to have some additions to our family
Relate a special memory that involved a pet or animal: When our yellow lab had puppies, they were so adorable and she was such a great mother for a 2 year old ^_^

Kadana Sorano

Introduction Form

Name: Kadana Sorano
What brings you by today?: Just passing by and saw the new shop, decided to pop in and look around.
Would you perhaps be interested in joining some community PurrBred events like cat shows? What other events would you like?: I would be very interested in Cat Shows, I don't know anything about them, but would love to learn.  Most any other events I would happily come by to participate in as well.
What breed(s) would you be interested in seeing?: I don't really know the difference between most breeds, but I love cats, so probably all of them.  Even some of the larger wilder cousins, if you happened to get them.
Do you currently have any other pets? Please describe. Have you considered how they will get along with your new cat?: I have a lot of pets, as I love animals.  But they all get along relatively well.  There are of course those few who have a bit of a wild streak, or antisocialness about them, but nothing problematic.
Relate a special memory that involved a pet or animal: I used to have a little orange tabby named Kristoff.  He was so small compared to his sisters, and always sickly.  The lady we adopted his sisters from was going to have him put down, so I took him as well.  He was so sweet, he used to ride around on my shoulder as I walked around, or come in when I was bathing and sit on my head.  It's a weird thing to miss, but I do.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

SeaCrest

Introduction Form
Name: SeaCrest
Contact information: N/A
What brings you by today?: I love cats! I've never been to a cat show in my life or owned a purebreed- this will be fun! Plus new shops are always fun.
Would you perhaps be interested in joining some community PurrBred events like cat shows? What other events would you like?: I would love to join cat shows! I think some raffles for items would be fun, and maybe pass-the-parcel.
What breed(s) would you be interested in seeing?: Oh, I have tons...let's see...Burmilla, Maine Coon, Colorpoint Shorthair, Persian...I have more, but I'll spare you the reading...
Do you currently have any other pets? Please describe. Have you considered how they will get along with your new cat?: I keep a lot of other pets, but all of them are very friendly and those who are not are segregated, although thankfully it doesn't happen often - usually when I pay more attention to a newer pet.
Relate a special memory that involved a pet or animal: I once had a great big fat orange tabby boy - we called him Sei Sei. I used him as a pillow. But then we had to move, and we gave him to a family friend. When we came back ten years later, we found he had died due to health problems.

Scullisto

Introduction Form
Name: Scullisto
What brings you by today?: I love cats
Would you perhaps be interested in joining some community PurrBred events like cat shows? What other events would you like?: I would love to participate in rescues, shows and other pet homing events.
What breed(s) would you be interested in seeing?: I am a Birman fan
Do you currently have any other pets? Please describe. Have you considered how they will get along with your new cat?: I have cats....a pride if you will...all are socialized and play well with new comers.
Relate a special memory that involved a pet or animal: I saved our last cat from a parking lot, she was tiny black and covered in fleas...I took her to our vet to tend to her heat exhaustion and burned paw pads...but I couldn't let her go...she is my heart and I love her to much...I saved Manki's life that summer...and she saved me right back.

Kahlira

Introduction Form
Name:  Kahlira, but everyone calls me Kah
Contact information: My inbox is always open to anyone <3
What brings you by today?: Curiosity. I love ye olde shoppe sign, so I was just like... Wow. Cats are cool XD
Would you perhaps be interested in joining some community PurrBred events like cat shows? What other events would you like?: Hmm... I don't know. I'd just like to see some pretties. Even if I never own one, I'd like to watch.
What breed(s) would you be interested in seeing?: Himalayan or.. Just the domestic shorthair.
Do you currently have any other pets? Please describe. Have you considered how they will get along with your new cat?: I have two other cats. Baby is outgoing and gets along great with all animals, she accepts change easily, so long as I do the introductions between she and any new ones. Cloe on the other hand... She doesn't accept change as easily, though I can keep her confined to her "room" if need be. (Her room being the living room and kitchen) while Baby is in the bedrooms.
Relate a special memory that involved a pet or animal: Baby adopted me. Seriously! When she was just a tiny little kitten, she was out on my front porch just meowing her poor little heart out. So I brought her into my home and into my heart. Thatt first day she never got off of my lap, she slept by my head, the next day was Thanksgiving. so she got fed a lot. I saved her life, I think.

Ryuukokoro

Loving the forms so far! :3

Ryuu got bored at work and added a franken-feline event. >.>

Winged

Introduction Form
Name: Winged dreams (usually refered to as Winged)
What brings you by today?: I am interested to see the new shop and the cats inside.
Would you perhaps be interested in joining some community PurrBred events like cat shows? What other events would you like?: Yes, i would be very interested!
What breed(s) would you be interested in seeing?: Siamese, Ocelot, British shorthair
Do you currently have any other pets? Please describe. Have you considered how they will get along with your new cat?: I have several adoptable pets, all of whom are gentle and friendly. Some of my kennel dogs may chase cats but they would be kept away from my cats.
Relate a special memory that involved a pet or animal: I volunteered at a cat rescue near me, i remember the second time i went there they were clearing branches off the roofs after a storm which made a lot of noise. There was a small grey kitten called Drum. I was told to be careful with him, since he had bitten another volenteer. However he was perfect with me even though he was scared with the noise. I spent ages cuddling him to make him less scared, and even though i only saw him a few times i still remember him.
Owner of Gliders!

Kahlira

The franken form:
Base color: Black
Coat: Tabby
Markings: Boots, tip of tail, white splash on nose
Eye color: Yellow
Collar?: Yes
Collar color: Purple
Collar add-on: Gold tinkle bell

jojo

Base color: cream
Coat: tortie :D
Markings: white paws, white muzzle, white chest stripe
Eye color: blue
Collar?: no
Collar color: n/a
Collar add-on: none

Kadana Sorano

Base color: cream
Coat: tabby
Markings: (boots, belly and chest
Eye color: green/yellow
Collar?: yes
Collar color: dark (not bright) pink
Collar add-on: (bell

kunaisa

Name:   kunaisa
Contact information: message me
What brings you by today?: Well I saw a new thread be posted and I just love cats
Would you perhaps be interested in joining some community PurrBred events like cat shows? What other events would you like?:yes I would be interested
What breed(s) would you be interested in seeing?:
Do you currently have any other pets? Please describe. Have you considered how they will get along with your new cat?: Yea I have some other adoptables they are very friendly and will do great with a cat
Relate a special memory that involved a pet or animal: Well I have always loved cats but my parents never aggreed to get one. Most of my friends had cats. So I would play with their cat. Currently I have a dog who loves me :)

Neocridders

Base Red
Coat:[Tabby
Marki[/bnose sripe
Eye color: (blue
Collar?: (yes
Collar color: (blue
Collar add on bell.

Wow. Tried to quote it on my phone. Hope it worked. Can't see how bad it is, but if I missed something, let me know!

Winged

Base color: gray
Coat: tortie
Markings: belly, splash on nose
Eye color: dark yellowy gold
Collar?: no
Collar color: NA
Collar add-on: NA
Owner of Gliders!

Aralie

Ooh! Franken!

Base color: Grey
Coat: Siamese
Markings: Boots
Eye color: Yellow
Collar color: Black
Collar add-on: None

Ryuukokoro

lol it almost worked, you just missed gender, Neo. And yes editing is allowed. ^^

kunaisa

Base color: black
Coat: van plzz
Markings: chest and face
Eye color: green
Collar?: yes
Collar color: purple
Collar add-on: bell

SeaCrest

Base color: Cream
Coat: Siamese
Markings: None
Eye color: Sapphire Blue
Collar color: Same as eyes
Collar add-on: Bell

Neocridders

Oops! Edited, hope it's all good now. Thank you, Ryuu

Ryuukokoro

First Franken done!

Base color: black (kunaisa)
Coat: tortie (jojo)
Markings: belly, splash on nose (Winged dreams)
Eye color: blue (Neocridders)
Collar: yes (SeaCrest)
Color: purple (Kahlira)
Add-on: none (Aralie)

Congrats to Kadana for the first girlie!

kunaisa

Neocridders

Kadana Sorano

awww I love that pose!  And YaY, thank you!  I'd like to name her Nafisa please :)

Aralie

jojo

Ryuukokoro

SkySong

Name: SkySong, or sky if you prefer
What brings you by today?: The boxes in the window and the cat on the desk ^^
Would you perhaps be interested in joining some community PurrBred events like cat shows? What other events would you like?: I'd be interested in joining, although I can't give you any ideas.
What breed(s) would you be interested in seeing?: Maine Coons, tabbies, Russian blues, Abyssinian... I'm open to any breeds.
Do you currently have any other pets? Please describe. Have you considered how they will get along with your new cat?: I have three little chimeras, and they should all get along just fine. ^^
Relate a special memory that involved a pet or animal: One time, my old tabby russian blue mix was hunting a squirrel. Well, the squirrel ran up into a tree, out onto one of the limbs, and jumped off a leaf into another tree. When my kitty tried to follow, she didn't quite make it to the other tree, landing very undignified on the ground. After that, she never hunted them again.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Ryuukokoro

Just letting everyone know we close the first event today. ^^

Sunchaser

Name: Sunchaser109
What brings you by today?: I love Cats and am looking to adopt one.
Would you perhaps be interested in joining some community PurrBred events like cat shows? What other events would you like?:Yes yes i would. Im up for any type of events.
What breed(s) would you be interested in seeing?: Siamese of course. But any of them im intereted i dont know a lot about cats beside the standard short hair and some siamese.
Do you currently have any other pets? Please describe. Have you considered how they will get along with your new cat?:I currently have many pets and so far all of htem have gotten well with cats. I had a Cat for a little bit that i ended up fostering and she got along well with the rest of my pets.
Relate a special memory that involved a pet or animal: when i was 5 years old my mother went and got a kitten. Well the kitten was supposed to be my moms cat and i just didnt care at the time i was busy playing with friends. Well i come home and mom wants to know if i want the cat in my room. We had decided to name her sheba and as it was supposed to be moms cat i just didnt feel right with her being in my room. That and i didnt want the smell of hte litter box in it. So mom puts her in the kitchen/dining room and closes the door so she couldnt get out.

We go to sleep and the next morning i get woken up by a damp tongue licking me and claws kneeding lightly on my face. Sheba had decided she loved me. Well next morning we where smarter. Mom shut my door before letting hte cat out. Well Sheba decided she didnt like that. cause she ran right into the door got slightly dizzy then started to cry and reach for the doorknob. Now i wake slowly so i heard the bang and opened my eyes but thought it was my imagination. Then i heard the crying and mom finally let her in after like 10 minutes. Since then Sheba was mine and lived with me for 15 years before passing away.

Ryuukokoro

At the end of the day, RK notices a large stack of filled-out forms have piled up on the counter. With delight she pours over the information, learning about the people in her new community.

The next day RK calls three of the shop visitors to come back. "Welcome back to the shop!" she says happily. "From the forms you filled out yesterday, I have three cats here who would be perfect companions for you. I hope you'll like them."

RK leads the three into the back room. The walls are lined with clean kennel cages, many of them filled with dozing cats of all different types. Three of the cages close to the door have three alert cats who watch them eagerly as they come in.

Post names for your kitties here! The next event will be up tomorrow, as I suddenly have a major toothache and can't concentrate on anything. >.<

kunaisa

Kadana Sorano

SeaCrest

jojo

omg omg omg! Thanks Ryuu!

I would like to name him Salantar. :D

Kahlira

*hugs for Ryuu* Hope it goes away quicklike!

And congrats you three <3 They're lovely.. Especially the calico.

Ryuukokoro

Heavily medicated on Advil until I can figure out how to go to a dentist with no type of insurance whatsoever. >.<

Until brain is working again... simple-event-time.

Pick-a-kennel

In the Adoption Room there are 10 kennels in a row with sheets over the front. There's at least 1 kitty behind the sheets, possibly more. Some items might have gotten tossed in the empty kennels too!

Kennel 1: Neocridders
Kennel 2: kunaisa
Kennel 3: Keilin Alyr
Kennel 4: Winged dreams
Kennel 5: Aralie
Kennel 6: Pinkshadow
Kennel 7: Kadana
Kennel 8: jojo080889
Kennel 9: Sunchaser109
Kennel 10: Kahlira

To get a kennel, post "I'm peeking into kennel ___!" in teal

PS: And for those curious, I'm almost ready for Okibi to begin importing, just working on getting all information and items uploaded into the system first. ^_^

Aralie

Aww, that's no good Ryuu *hugs* hope you feel better soon!

I'm peeking into kennel 5!

Sunchaser

jojo

I'm peeking into kennel 8!

Hope you feel better soon Ryuu!

Kadana Sorano

"I'm peeking into kennel 7!"

I know the feeling of dental needs and no insurance :(   Hope you feel better soon Ryu