News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Valentine Farallon Raffle (Babies Grown!)

Started by Nako, February 12, 2011, 12:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nako

A strange winged beast flies overhead and touches down, spreading its grand plumage. It's a rare Nymph Farallon!

And... It's very pink.

When this Farallon comes through, love is in the air! It's a particularly huge beast, and seems to be ready to.. erm. Consult several male and female Farallon about having some babies!

The Contest/Raffle

Okay, anyone who owns a Farallon may put them forward to donate genetic material for the Valentine Farallon to carry their brood! They will also get an equivalent to -two- tickets put in the pot to be pulled for the raffle for the resulting babies. Please link me to either the image of your Farallon and give their genetic information OR link me to a website or forum topic that has it posted. Be sure to tell me the name of the Farallon I need to look for.

For those who do not own a Farallon, never fear! Post here with three random colors and a gender and you will be put in the pot with the equivalent to one ticket.

Farallon Raffle Form:
Name of Farallon:
Link to Farallon/Genetic info:
     -or-
Three Random Colors:
Gender of Wild Farallon: (Must be male or female)

Using your Farallon to donate to the genetic potluck does not guarantee you will win, nor does it guarantee the offspring you may win will be from your Farallon

This contest is about spreading the love.

Not entirely sure how many offspring will be resultant of this. I guess it depends on how many people I get to join in. This will close at 11:59pm on Valentines day.

Information about Farallon here: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=2621.0

Nako

Winners

Seacrest:  Female
Sera:  Female
Spixy:  Female
Xenon:  Female
JoJo:  Female
Ravvana:  Female
Keilin:  Male
SpringAcres:  Male

((Please inform me of any trades :) ))

------

And a special thanks to our donators who offered up their own Farallon that didn't win anything.

Red_Uni387 and Your_Love_Only

You two both receive an:

Shimmering Black Feather: This feather shimmers as if it is metallic, and is imbued by a powerful Old Magic. Attach this to your Farallon before you send it out during a breeding season and it might affect the offspring they may have.

Ravvana

Farallon Raffle Form:
Three Random Colors: Brown, black, white
Gender of Wild Farallon: Male

springacres

Faralion Raffle Form:
Three Random Colors: Purple, cyan, gold
Gender of wild Faralion: Female

Alnaeyah

Farallon Raffle Form:
Three Random Colors: Black, Purple, Silver
Gender of Wild Farallon: Female

red_uni387

pretty and pink! :O

Farallon Raffle Form:
Name of Farallon: Caedo
Link to Farallon/Genetic info:
Owner: Red_Uni387
Dragon: (#F3)
Genetics: Uu ff SS Tt EE HH

you just need genetics right? :)

jojo

Farallon Raffle Form:
Name of Farallon: Lionell
Link to Farallon/Genetic Info: http://www.herogirlcomics.com/jojostory/menagerie/viewpage.php?p=100

Eee yay! :D

CrystalAngelNeko

Farallon Raffle Form:
Three Random Colors: Black, Gray, Neon Green

kunaisa

Three Random Colors: purple, green, black

Keilin Alyr

Farallon Raffle Form:

Three Random Colors: Copper, Red, Black

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Nighthenge

Farallon Raffle Form:
Name of Farallon:  Theos
Three Random Colors:  cyan, white, lime green
Gender of Wild Farallon: male

SeaCrest

Three Random Colors: White, cyan, silver

:P

sera

Farallon Raffle Form:
Name of Farallon: Xol
Link to Farallon/Genetic info: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=2458.msg61274#msg61274
Genetics: Uu* ff* SS TT ee hh

SweetCaroline

Three Random Colors: deep Blue, Silver, Lavendar
~SC~

YourLoveOnly

Farallon Raffle Form:
Name of Farallon: Marousha
Link to Farallon/Genetic info: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/Nakolune/F5Small.png
http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=2621.0
Genetics: Uu* Ff SS Tt ee hh

Kahlira

Three Random Colors: Cyan, Magenta, White

xenon

Name of Farallon: Eryn
Link to Farallon/Genetic info: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/Nakolune/erynfin.png
Uu Ff SS tt  Ee hh
Baha?

Spixy

Farallon Raffle Form:
Three Random Colors: Black, Cyan, White

These are sexy xD

Nako

Guys, I am so excited for what is to come, you have no idea XD I even drew up babies for the occasion. They are like... not at the quality of the adults, but they're generic and small enough so that it doesn't give -too- much away about what they will look like in the way of mutations or other such details (All Farallon are covered in downy feathering to keep them warm until they shed into their true coat color.. but at least the downy feathering tends to have something reminiscent of what they become in most cases)

Okay so. The Valentine is at maximum capacity. My own personal nymph now flies in so we can get a few more in before midnight :D

YourLoveOnly

I am super excited about this too! :D
And baby lines? Yaaay. Baby lines are always cute. YLO likes cute =3 And oooh, fuzzy <3

Nako

Alright. I just need to roll up one more baby and then I can color it and they'll get raffled out hopefully by tomorrow. :D Drawing the adult images will sadly take a little longer since as of now the male lineart has no fur XD And the Female only has Short fur and Medium Feather/Fur combo while the Nymph only has Short fur and a feather mutation drawn up... as is shown XD

I'm expecting I'll get them done by Sunday though, assuming nothing crazy comes up.

CrystalAngelNeko

Nako

Just an update, only one baby needs to be colored now, but I'm doing a bit of work on the adult lineart before I finish coloring since the adult lineart is the hard part right now. So far...

Female:
Short Fur is done
Medium Fur is done
Long Fur is Done

Needing: Feather mutation to be done

Nymph:
Short Fur is Done
Feather Mutation is Done

Needing:
Medium Fur
Long Fur

Drake:
Short Fur- In progress

Needing: Medium Fur, Long Fur, Feather mutation

For now, I'm going to be adding scales as needed so whatever I make for the first few batches will be the 'template' possibilities. I'm thinking Horns will be mostly custom though 'custom' horns will be added as a template style for future generations.  Also, I will be focusing on finishing the drake  since those are the most numerous and needed.

springacres

:o *snuggles her new pretty*  Congrats to all the other winners too!

Keilin Alyr

Oh wow, a male dragon! A pretty coppery dragon too. I'll be very patient to see him all grown up, so take your time and relax with the lineart... though you know I'll be squee-happy when it's done. =)

Why can I wait like this? Because the creative process is kicking my hindquarters hard right now, so I appreciate a fellow artist/writer/creative individual needing some extra time. XD

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

red_uni387

Congrats winners!!

and awww thank you for the feather, Nako <3

SweetCaroline

~SC~

YourLoveOnly

Congrats guys! :D I have an old one, so it's nice to see some non-owners win.
Random stuff and I don't get along, so I mostly entered for the fun anyway XD

jojo

Ee, the babies are all so cute! Congrats everyone! Thanks Nako :)

Nako

<333 Glad all you guys approve.

The linearts are coming along nicely. I only have a few more things I need to do before I can actually start coloring the adult forms. :D

Nako

I'm suddenly SO glad that half of this is pre-shaded.

Because coloring still takes a million years XD

Nako

Please Name Your Farallon and Give them Stats!
Go here for information on Stat allocation.

Be sure to let me know if I messed anything up XD

ID: F10
Owner: Springacres
Notes: Goodness, it seems that he would have had quite the impressive feather mane had scales not grown there. Perhaps it will pass onto his offspring. Regardless, his uncommon grizzled color is very attractive.
Parents: Jojo's Lionell x YLO's Marousha x Valentine (Nymph)

ID: F11
Owner: Keilin
Notes: He's inherited his rust color and his coveted golden markings from his domesticated father! His striping is not as expansive but the effect is still rather dazzling. His scales also have the same metallic sheen.
Parents: red_uni387's Caedo x Wild Male x Valentine (Nymph

ID: F12
Owner: Spixy
Notes: My goodness, she's almost the spitting image of her father! Her copper hide is light, but has the definite metallic shine that her father also had. How rare for a female to be born of two males. Her white markings were also a surprise; it seems her father's white ear made him a rather discreet pinto!
Parents: Sera's Xol x Wild Male x Valentine (Nymph)

ID:F13
Owner: Sera
Notes: ..... Wow! Her markings are dazzling. Perhaps her parents weren't wild after all but instead someone's prized breeding stock. Her scales look like vertebrae going down her neck. That isn't the odd thing about her; it's her horn! It's as if the two horns that would have grown on her head have converged to create (more or less) a single horn! This is an uncommon trait.
Parents: Wild Male x Wild Female x Valentine (Nymph)

ID:F14
Owner: Seacrest
Notes: What an attractive little appaloosa girl! Her horns are beautifully spiraled, almost like that of a unicorn horn. Except of course, she has two of them.
Parents: Wild Male x Wild Female x Valentine (Nymph)

ID:F15
Owner: Ravvana
Notes: Adulthood caused this creature to look... interesting. The orange metallic gold of her youth turned into a deep bronzed greeny gold. What would have been a pair of horns along her head has instead converged on the top of her head as a single perfect horn! Well, aside from the fact that it is curled in a funny way. This is an uncommon trait.
Parents: Wild Female x Wild Female x Valentine (Nymph)

ID:F16
Owner: Jojo
Notes: Oh sweet puppies, my eyes, MY EYES. Aside from being a blindingly bright coloration, her allocation of markings is beautiful and is a pattern known as 'splash'. Normally this is seen with white. Odd. At least this strain won't be linked with albinism. Blame it on some freaky Nako Nymph genes leaking in....
Parents: Wild female x Wild female x Nako (Nymph)

ID:F17
Owner: Xenon
Notes: Oh my goodness. What happened? Perhaps it was because she was the runt of the litter. Perhaps the Nymph's genetics secretly leaked into her code because her traits don't quite make sense. They became increasingly intricate as she grew, the scaling on her face beautifully shaped into a beak which does not impede her in any way. They are similar to her true mother's but... it's as if the traits were enhanced. She has very tiny horns on her head which are dull and easily broken.
Parents: Xenon's Eryn x Wild Female x Nako (Nymph)

xenon

I... words are not working for me. But WOW. WOWOWOWOWOWOWW. These are GORGEOUS. @_@

springacres

Okay... after some debate, I'd like to call my boy Fravardin.

Stats - Health 1, Stamina 2, Strength 2.

red_uni387

wow all the babies are GORGEOUS!

Keilin - Caedo says you better take care of his son or else ;)
he's so pretty~ <3

oohh love the beak trait! :O

Keilin Alyr

My apologies, I appear to be dead, half-dead, or otherwise incapacitated from seeing so many amazing dragons in one thread. It doesn't help that dragons are one of my favorite mythological creatures, and these are just plain gorgeous. Please hold on for coherent reply, please refrain from poking, and please do not feed the squirrels...

*revives*

Squee, he's so shiny! Thank you, Nako! He looks so much like his father and Caedo has no need to worry. I'll... have to get back to you on a name and stats though. Would require much more coherent thought.

*resumes deadedness* XD

Nako

No worries! So long as you get a name to me... eventually-ish. I'm poking around a test cert to see if it will work for the image size, etc. I'll likely start certing tomorrow but so long as I have one or two to work on and play with then I'm good. XD

jojo

YourLoveOnly

Spixy

Wow! My girl is amazing! <3

I'd love to name her: Calysta Shining

EDIT: Oh and stats, we have to assign 5 points right?

+3 to Speed
and +2 to Agility please :D

SeaCrest

OMGSeaCrestdidn'trealizeshewon

Name: Astar Meita
Stats...: +2 to intelligence, +2 speed, +1 to strength

So they start of with no stats, right?

jojo

Name: Neolra
Stats: Speed +2, Agility +2, Stamina +1

sera

Name: Kaiper
Stats: Speed +2, Agility +1, Stamina +2

i've been staring at her pic the last few days tryingt to get her to tell me a name. xD

THEY ARE ALL SO WONDERFULLY FANTASTIC, i LOVE YOU, NAKO. |D

Keilin Alyr

Having given the matter a lot of thought, having researched some Latin verbs, and having gone off a semi-related thought tangent, I've finally decided on a name for my beautiful boy. =)

Name: Julius
Stats: +3 Intelligence, +2 Strength