News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gidgets Shellapalooza!

Started by toffeeca, March 12, 2011, 07:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toffeeca

In an effort to bring more love to the old gidget lines we are holding a shellapalooza. What is a shellapalooza you may ask? Well come around and find out! A shellapalooza is an explosion of gidgety shelly love. For those who don't remember gidget items are all shells. So in this thread there will be a couple different events going on and random shells will be thrown out at unsuspecting visitors, so keep your eyes peeled!

These events will mostly include CYOs because Garney has lots of work to do already and we want to have fun without overwhelming her, if you win a prize that says you can have a CYO gidget made into a real gidget but you do not have a program to color your gidget you are free to ask if anyone is willing to color one for you (offering one of the babies from your unique gidget may be a good bribe for someone to color for you).

I need four posts

toffeeca

Event 1
Color-Your-Own Beauty Pagent

The gidgets want to hold a beauty pagent to find out who the most beautiful gidget is, but they are tired at just looking at the colors they already come in, so they have asked that we go in search of some new gidgets for them to love on. Your task, if you choose to accept it, is to go in search of some new inspiration for gidgets and color whatever you are able to come across. The lines will be provided for you to use. You will be searching whatever you have access to, your house, your neighborhood, the internet, your minds, anywhere and everywhere in hopes of finding some inspriation for these Color Your Own gidgets. Once the coloring period has ended there will be a voting booth set up for everyone to vote for their favorite gidgets, the winners of the beauty pagent voting will be shaded and made into real gidgets!

There will be one winner for each generation for a total of four winners.

The rules:
1. You may enter one CYO for each of the generations, but you can only win for one generation, so if you win in multiple generation categories you will be PMed and asked which you want made into a real gidget and the other generation category will go to the next person in line.
2. You may choose between fancy or normal, both lines will be provided.
3. You may not claim the art as your own, Garney is providing the lines for us and cannot be used for anything other than this event.
4. Please do not discuss who you plan on voting for, it can be discouraging for others who were wanting to enter.
5. Unfortunatly these lines are in psd format so you will need photoshop, GIMP, or another program that is capable of handeling layers.
6. You may  not have someone else color a gidget for you for this event, it must be your own work.
7. HAVE FUN!

The Lines:
Fancy 1.0
Fancy 2.0
Fancy 3.0
Gidget 1.0
Gidget 2.0
Gidget 3.0
Gidget 4.0

End time:
March 31 00:00 That gives a little over a week for everyone to get their enteries in and then the voting booth will be set up.

To enter:
Simply post the finished image in this thread with the generation group that it is being entered in in bold.

Entries:

toffeeca

Event Cancelled

toffeeca

Event 3
Photo Scavenger Hunt

Your task is to go and find as many of the items on the list as you can and photograph them. These items can be interpreted in different way, for example, a dog could be a real dog, a toy dog, a dog statue, a tree that looks like a dog, or something else that your imagination comes up with. These items must all be in the same picture.

The List:

Seashells
Something red
Water
Sand
Someone's initials
Clouds
Animal tracks
A message in a bottle
Sea glass
Kelp
Stones
Sand castle
Sand dollar
A feather
Driftwood

The rules:
-These must be your own pictures. You must have a peice of paper with your user name on it in your picture to prove that you did take the picture.
-Must be appropriate (I always feel that I need to say this one just in case, altthough I trust everyone knows this)
-This is judged on creativity, humor, and overall how the pictures fit together.
-If real animals are used, please do not cause them any harm to get a picture (thats just common sense)
-Please post photo challenge in red above your entry.

The prizes:
Everyone who enters will receive a random shell and the top four enteries will have a CYO gidget made into a real gidget

End Time:
March 31 00:00

toffeeca

The events are up and you may post!

PonyMama

Ok so the shells. 

First of all I can enter some CYO's and they will be judged, and if I don't win but I win a shell I can use that shell to buy a CYO that was picked?  is this how it works?  I am very confused

toffeeca

Nope, the shells are just normal shells that the agency has. I don't want to do any giving out of other peoples CYO gidgets since quite a few people care about the lines and there is no way to limit the lines if I give them out as prizes.

Sparki

Oooh I have to try to get that scavenger photo together today!
...its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time.

Victoria

Am I allowed to enter any of these contest?

Whimsy

Beauty pagent contest entry Gidget Gen 3

toffeeca

Is there a reason you should no be allowed to enter Victoria? I don't think the snail issue excluded you from participating in events. I am fine with it, so unless Garney is going to say no then yes you can enter.

Sunchaser

May i inquire as to what should be fancy and what is considered natural?

toffeeca

Very pretty Whimsy!

Fancy just means that it has horns/fins/wings. You can use any lines for any designs, there is no limitations on that  :)

Sunchaser

ooo i wondered. I shall have to enter :)

Whimsy

O.o do I need to add to wings to my boy? I didnt realize what fancy vs natural meant lol.

Edit:NVM I just entered a differnt contest, I had put it as fancy to where as it should've just been the normal generation 3. Fixed that ^_^

toffeeca

Sunchaser

working on a digi gidget lol and how you doing? oh and

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!

i tried to get on to send you a message but my phone failed anytime i came here.

toffeeca

Yay! Aw, I luff you Sunny! Birthday was pretty crummy, all last week was. But I leave for Kansas on Thursday! I'm very excited to get away from home. Just four tests and three days of work until I'm done for 13 days!!! Then its right back into everything. XD

Sunchaser

lol nice! i want pics o.o and by the way hubby is bouncing over seeing the MLPS in person. If you sent them they are probally with my neighbor she had to bring her kid back to the 'real' mom and wont be home till tommorow

toffeeca

Nope, they are still sitting here. Marshall only has half a head of hair XD My week got super busy and stressful and IM SORRY. I will hopefully get them finished and sent before I leave, and if not I will take them and finish them in Kansas and send them to you. Hubby leaves the end of the month?

Sunchaser

yep sadly he does leave on the 31st. But no worries lovey! *snugs* if you can get it here before that owuld be sweet cause then i could send the Hope one iwth him while he is on depoloyment htough he will probally hide it from his ship mates lol.

mmm digi is not working out.. i will have to either a) work smaller camo or b) make bigger camo <.< i vote for bigger o.o

Whimsy

Sunny I if you use gimp I'll tell you how I cheated with making digis on GIMP >.>

Sunchaser

Victoria

I used gimp!  ;D

Beauty Pageant Gidget three Normal

Beauty Pageant  Gidget four Fancy

toffeeca

Since I have had very little time on the computer while visiting my family for spring break, I am extending this until after I get home. I have also cancelled the random trivia event because I do not have the time to run it while my aunt needs me, but I have added a fourth prize to the photo challenge so that the top four can get a gidget made instead of three photo challenge winners and one trivia winner. We need more entries though!