Venamari Opening Thread [Pickup for Bunraku, Saturnalia, YLO!]

Started by Figment, June 18, 2013, 06:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figment

Entering into the shop, the scent of the ocean overwhelms the senses. A large enclosure stands in the midst of the shelving, a complete-seeming ecosystem in itself that takes nearly the entire shop to house it. A mound of land, covered in various plantlife, emerges from a pond. Large plexi-glass walls separate the indoor ecosystem from the rest of the shop, though it only stands a rough four-foot high. It is not meant to keep the odd creatures enclosed, but rather to enclose the pond.

A quick glance around the shop alerts you to the presence of a young woman, who smiles kindly and waves, "Feel free to browse and visit with the cats. Each of them are awaiting adoption."

She gestures to the strange cat-like animals who seem to occupy all corners of the shop. As you walk about the shop, all eyes seem to be on you.

-------------------------------

For anyone who would like to keep an eye on their kitties (I hope to have certs for them at some point. ;-; ) I have a forum for them. Hopefully sometime in the future I will expand into some other adoptables, as well~

http://canimari.boards.net/

Figment

Etymology:
The name Venamari is comprised of the latin venatoris, or hunter, and mari, or ocean, loosely translating to "hunter of the sea". This is derived from the cats' predatory nature and their general preference for aquatic surroundings.

Description:
Venamari vary greatly in appearance, though all share the most common characteristics of an overall feline appearance. A dorsal fin and fluke allow the cats for easier movement through their generally aquatic environment. These creatures are very strong swimmers and well-adapted to life in the water.

Similar to that of a muskrat, these cats have adapted the ability to create a nearly vacuum-seal over the ear canal by flattening their ears against their skull during submersion. Their fur tends toward a very silk-like feel, it being nearly water-proof to maintain body heat during extended submersions. Expanded lung capacity allows the Venamari to remain submerged for up to a full hour before needing to resurface, though it is rare that they will remain to such an extent.

These cats range in size from 3 pounds to 15 pounds, generally, though some may become larger. Most grow no larger than 25 centimeters in height. This is not a strict standard, however, and some 'large' cats may be seen in the species.

Behavior:
Venamari are predatory creatures and will stalk most smaller animals, finding them to be easily manageable prey. They are typically solitary creatures, however become easily bonded to a caretaker. Once bonded, they become faithful companions and will often accompany their caretakers everywhere.

Primarily diurnal, the cats tend to be fairly flexible in their sleep schedule and will often change this schedule to better suit their hunting needs.

Reproduction:
As the cats were not created to be domestic pets, they are infertile. Though they do have the instinct and drive for reproduction, all generations are lab-created. Instinctually, these creatures are more similar to their feline ancestry and will mate in such a way, however there is no purpose to the act as far as progeny is concerned.

Alternative to the natural reproduction, the lab that initially created the Venamari offer a 'breeding' program on occasion. During such occasions, the scientists gather genetic material from prospective parents to engineer offspring.

Functionality:
The function of these creatures vary by size, from an 'alarm' of sorts to a beast of burden. The smaller of the species will typically be used as a companion for divers, alerting them to the presence of danger, whereas the larger of the cats may be used in exploration of wreckages to assist in hauling recovered items to the surface.

Recently, however, their purpose has deviated as the Venamari have become coveted as pets rather than animal assistants.

Figment

Venamari Sales
The sales will be divided into USD sales and SG sales.

USD Sales

Male // Female
Cornish Rex // American Shorthair
$4 // $5

Male // Male
Manx // British Shorthair-Squirrelfish
$3 // $4

Male
Clownfish
$5

SG Sales

Male // Male
Havana Brown // Savannah Cat
--Sold-- // --Sold--

Female // Male
Toyger // Siamese-Butterflyfish
--Sold-- // --Sold--

Figment

Prize Pool for Games

All Prize Pool Kitties have been homed~

Figment

~Games~

~~Fantasy Cat~~

This rare little kitty has taken a liking to fishy crackers and has quite an appetite~ The owner of the shop allows you to visit each day and give him a few of his favorite fishy crackers, however you don't know how many you manage to take from the bag. Attempt to bribe this lovely's affection with treats~

*You may post once a day, rolling 1d20
*Make sure you have your header in blue

[color=blue]Grab Me Some Fishies![/color]

~~Fish-a-Cat~~

There are five Venamari hiding somewhere in the 'pond', as well as three special somethings.

*Each person may fish once.
*The game closes once all prizes are found.

To enter, post:
[color=teal]Fish-A-Cat![/color]
and the number of the square you'd like to check.

~~Matching Game~~

These kitties managed to swipe a bag of fishy crackers. They managed to get a few before the shop owner could catch them.

The object of the game is to match their thievery! See if you can swipe the same number of crackers!

[color=red]I WANT A KITTY![/color]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d50 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]

---------------------

[color=magenta]I WANT A FISHY![/color]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d50 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]

Figment

Custom Slots!

I'll be taking a few custom colorations for kitties during the festivities. There will be a few USD slots and a few SG slots.

**Pure Kitty - $5/300k
**Pure Fish - $7/450k

--You choose gender and breed.
--You MAY provide a reference image and I'll create you a kitty that looks as close to the image as I can get!

Hybrid kitties will always be bred or premades. Fantasy cats are extremely rare. Occasionally, there will be some first-generation kitties given away during events, you have a chance at breeding them, but custom fantasy-cats will be bribe-only to maintain rarity.

Custom Form:

[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Pure Cat/Pure Fish:[/b]
[b]Breed/Species:[/b]

USD slots:

SG Slots:

1. Bunraku
2. Bunraku - Rosedawn
3. Reduni

Figment

Event Tallies

Fishy Crackers:

Rosedawn - 51
Pega - 30
Skysong - 47
Springacres - 1
Saturnalia - 26
Bunraku - 25
Reduni - 33
Spiderfly - 37
CutieePiee - 13
YLO - 20
WildFilly - 27

Fish-A-Cat Claims

If you've already fished in the pond, feel free to take another go! I'm extending this to a once-a-day fish until all prizes are found!

Skysong won the KITTY!

Rosedawn

Grab Me Some Fishies!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

Pega

color=blue]Grab Me Some Fishies![/color]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]

Pega

SkySong

Grab Me Some Fishies!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Figment

You're fine, Pega~

I'm still getting a couple more things ready, but if you'd like to start posting for the games, go right ahead, guys~ Heheh. /been trying to get this set up for a little while now.

Rosedawn

Fish-A-Cat!
#14 please.

I WANT A KITTY!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d50 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

I WANT A FISHY!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d50 : 36, total 36[/blockquote]

springacres

I WANT A KITTY!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d50 : 36, total 36[/blockquote]

Spiderfly

Fish-A-Cat!
27 please!

springacres

Grab Me Some Fishies!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Fish-A-Cat!
#7 please.

springacres

Spiderfly, for dice games this is the code (without the asterisks):
[*roll]1d50[*/roll]

And don't edit your post for any reason after you've posted a dice roll or it will show that the roll was tampered with.

Figment

Fish-A-Cat

Rosedawn:

You cast your line with confidence into the pond and watch as it bobs a bit in the water, but sadly you only caught a bit of pondweed.

Spiderfly:

Your line dips and bobs like mad and you almost fear your line might break! Tugging as hard as you can, you manage to pull yourself up a cat!

Congrats, Spiderfly, our first winner! Go ahead and pick yourself a kitty from the prize pool!

Springacres:

You cast your line as far out as you can, but nothing seems to bite. Perhaps the kitties are all asleep?

SkySong

Fish-A-Cat!
9 please!

I WANT A KITTY!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d50 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]

I WANT A FISHY!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d50 : 30, total 30[/blockquote]

Figment

Skysong:

Your line goes out, steadily following the flows into the middle of the pond. You feel a snag and reel it in as fast as you possibly can, only to find your line has become a tangled mass of string.

SkySong

Aww, too bad. I think I won the siamese thief, though!

Spiderfly

I WANT A FISHY!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d50 : 24, total 24[/blockquote]

Spiderfly

Yay!! I'd love the third one in the top group the white one with subtle gray please!

Figment

It appears that way~ The lovely siamese-marked Birman must really have liked you~

Sounds good, Spiderfly~ A lovely Burmalli boy for you~

Figment

I believe I forgot to put an end date on the Fantasy boy. You have until Saturday at midnight to bribe him with fishy treats~

And: If the prizes go quickly, I may add some more. ;D

Saturnalia

Grab Me Some Fishies!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Fish-A-Cat!
28, please!

I WANT A KITTY!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d50 : 40, total 40[/blockquote]

Saturnalia

Oops, messed up which one I posted for for the "I want" game!

I WANT A FISHY!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d50 : 28, total 28[/blockquote]

Figment

Saturnalia:

You feel a bite on your line and tug as hard as you can. Unfortunately, that's just a bit too hard. Your line snaps and the kitty manages to rush away.

Bunraku

Fish-A-Cat! 34

Grab Me Some Fishies!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]

I WANT A FISHY!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d50 : 35, total 35[/blockquote]

Is that a flat sale up there figs? O.O

Spiderfly

If it is a flat sale I'd like to buy the Savannah >.>

springacres

And if the flatsale is open... I'd love that Siamese/Butterflyfish boy.

Figment

Bunraku:

You start to cast your line into the pond, only to stop mid-cast as a kitty crawls out of the water and right up to you!

Congrats, Bunraku, on winning our second pond-cat~ Go ahead and pick one from the prize pool~

And those are indeed, flatsale kitties. XD

springacres

I WANT A FISHY!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d50 : 33, total 33[/blockquote]

Bunraku

Toyger please!

AND YAY A KITTY. *scrambles to pick*

Bunraku

springacres

Grats Bun!

And if that Toyger had been a boy, I would have claimed her instead, she looks so much like my RL kitty Tigger! :3

SkySong

Congrats, Bun! That was the one I was eying lol.

Figment

Siberian and Toyger both moved to your thread, Bun~ 8D

Bunraku

Thank you! ^^ I loved them <3

And an SG custom please :3 May I also buy and gift a SG custom slot to Rosedawn?

Owner: Bunraku
Pure Cat/Pure Fish: Cat
Breed/Species: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images16/BengalCat1.jpg

Figment

Flatsales and customs are definitely welcome to be gifted if you so choose~

Bunraku

Yay! ^^ I shall go let her know and pay when she picks what she wants :3

Figment

I will begin working on your custom kitty tomorrow, Bun~

red_uni387

Grab Me Some Fishies!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

Fish-A-Cat!

I WANT A FISHY!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d50 : 32, total 32[/blockquote]

and may I claim an SG custom slot please? <3

Figment

Red_uni:

As you go to cast out your line, it gets tangled in a plant behind you. It won't even cast!

Rosedawn

Bun you are so sweet! I'd love a cat custom.
Owner: Rosedawn
Pure Cat/Pure Fish: Pure Cat
Breed/Species: Snow leopard

Rosedawn

Grab Me Some Fishies!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

Bunraku

SkySong

Grab Me Some Fishies!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]

Spiderfly

Grab Me Some Fishies!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]

red_uni387

lol i've totally done that before when fishing XD

Owner: red_uni387
Pure Cat/Pure Fish: Pure Cat
Breed/Species: Tabby with Harlequin? Ref Pic 1, Ref Pic 2, Ref Pic 3 (to show his white tummy)