News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Wild Ponies | CYO Open W/ New Breed!

Started by Tribe, February 06, 2010, 04:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tribe

Duns bred to duns can have healthy babies but there is like a 25% chance at all times at least they will be a lethal breed.

Ravvana

Can I have the link to the info about DD being lethal? I've googled and still don't see it... The pages I've found match my coding, with DD homozygous dun, Dd heterozygous dun, and dd no dun.

red_uni387

overo x overo sometimes = lethal white syndrome :(

and awww thank you splitty!! *squishes* that was my fav. foal of yours too lol XD

Tribe

Hrmmm maybe it wasnt dun dun that made the breed i was doing leathal >.> i think it was a paint gene that was making it lethal. probably the overo overo breeding.

Anywho sorry bout that ravv dun dun is fine.

SplitX

Name: Dusty

Name: Toasty

Name: Spirit

Name: Whipped Creame Dip

Name: Chica

SplitX

Was it roan/roan?
o_o I swore I read something like that. Maybe it was overo?

Body: Chestnut
Mane&Tail: Chestnut
Markings: Tobiano
Marking Colors: White

Markings: Overo

Baby:  Chestnut Tovero

Ravvana

I know overo/overo and white/white will 25% of the time be lethal. Haven't heard of roan or dun, though. You had me worried about my codes XD

SplitX

hiyoko

Ravvana

Quote from: hiyoko on February 06, 2010, 11:23:22 PM
I'm not a horse expert, but this site talks about roan and maybe being lethal. ;)

http://www.horse-genetics.com/roan-horses.html

But it also says:
"The conclusion of their research was that there was no evidence that roan is lethal when homozygous."

hiyoko

That's what I meant, sorry I need sleep, maybe that's where Hunni saw roan/roan being lethal?

YourLoveOnly

Only thing proven to be possibly lethal is overo/overo and I think white too.

Tribe

Eating and starting the event back  up!

Hope more people find this thread today!

& just to clarify there is not leathal other then overo & overo and white & overo breedings. or white white i think can be leathall. Be sure of those breeds!

Tribe

Okay i believe with hiyokos a white bodied horse with a flaxen mane is in reality a chesnut who greyed out as it went from foal to adult so thats what i code i used for it a grey chesnut. Hope thats okay hiyoko.

SplitX

-continues to stare- -wishes I had a butler and personal chef to bring/make me food- XD

Tribe

XD todays personal butler was mcdonalds..such a bad idea!

SplitX

Oh gosh. x3 I haven't eaten fast food more than... once in the past month or two, I think. o_o;

I'm getting Fruity Pebbles! xD -fist pump- Boo-yah.

Tribe

Hioko love i did the best with your breed love XD

You got your base right

However black is a base not a modifier..your mod should have been gray. None the less he enede up a grey leopard appaloosa (hard to tell you can see it in the muzzle & eye area)

Okay so next are my four ravvs

First breed you got your base and your modifier correct. so obviously 2 correct.

Second you got your base & your modifier right.2 correct

Third base and modifier correct.2 correct

Fourth you got your base & modifiers correct.2 correct

And my lovely splitty last but not least.

You got your base and no modifiers correct..so 2 correct

Tribe

Okay guys this will be the last say for this event, i had planned on running it longer but i already have 20 babys to grow and cert ect. So im going to allow until its the 8th by the secundi clock for more guesses after the 8th comes no more guesses allowed. Then after i get everyone started on names and growing ill open up the cyo :D

SplitX

-twitch-
Iwillget3right!

Body: Bay
Mane&Tail: Black
Markings: Solid
Marking Colors: N/A

Baby: Bay Tobiano

>____>;

Tribe

XD oh splitty love random.org is not your friend.

base & modifier correct.2 correct

Goddesss

I know nothing about horse genetics do you guys know of a good website I can check out?

Tribe

I have two sites on the first page darling for you to check out.

I have a awesome site however i cant share it as i use it for this event & ravv will be having and event like this so i dont want to spoil hers by sharing this site.

Goddesss

silly me for not looking.  thank you   :) * uses Jedi mind power to get secret url*

hiyoko

SplitX

GAH! ;___;

Body: Black

Baby: Black Tobiano

XD Easiest & best percentages.

Ravvana

1)
Mane&Tail: "Silver" (silver dapple gene)
Markings: none
Marking Colors: n/a

Mane&Tail: "Silver" (silver dapple gene)

Baby: Bay silver dapple

2)
Body: Chestnut roan
Mane&Tail:
Markings: overo
Marking Colors: white

Mane&Tail:
Markings: sabino

Baby: Chestnut roan sabino

3)
Markings: blanket

Markings: blanket

Baby: Black with blanket

4)
Body: Gray roan
Mane&Tail: Gray

Body: Bay roan

Baby: Gray roan

Poupou

Markings: Paint

Markings: Paint

Baby: Black with paint

I know nothing about horses. XD

YourLoveOnly

.. I have no time to do this right now, is there no way I can enter later?
I asked you if it would still be running otherwise I would've stayed up late yesterday..
I just really can't do this today, I have real life things that need attention first.

Tribe

Ermm ylo i dont know that i can allow that, i know youd really like to have a try at it but i honestly cant grow five thousand babies and keep up with the cyo and all that stuff so ill have to hold you to the dead line like everyone else sorry hun. I did have some fun though however with a sotra trade with ravv via pm..we played the genetic game together with each others adoptables..we could do it that way if youd like if you dont meet the deadline.

YourLoveOnly

My adoptabke also has fantasy coloring so doesn't work with realistic genetics, so I don't see how that could work. I understand you can't just bend rules, but I know I asked before and you said it would still be open tomorrow.. That's why I asked if it was possible ;) So no horsies for me then I guess, as I have to go now..

Tribe

Oh im sorry love, this is tomorrow for me. I totally did not think of you being on a different time zone..

YourLoveOnly

It's sunday in both of our countries I think? I said it was 1 AM yesterday and I wouldn't be home today, so I asked if it was open on Monday which is tomorrow ;) It's okay.. I still had fun looking at all the horses. Hopefully you'll do this again sometime.. I'd love to do a private thing, but I don't think that's possible with my adoptable =[ Was away all day, it's 22.30 right now and I'm really tired and still need to fill out some really important forms and stuff and then go to bed.. And parents are bugging me to turn off the computer as well.

Tribe

Oh sorry love i thought you meant would it be open today..urg..i am quite sorry. Ill try to do this event at least once a month though!

YourLoveOnly

SplitX

Tribe

Okay lets see what we have.

SplitX

Base correct no modifier correct, pattern correct :D three correct.

Now then..lovely ravv..

Silver dapple bay.Three Correct

Chesnut Roan.Two Correct

Black Blanket Appy.Three Correct

Grey Roan.Three Correct

and lets see poupou love you went a little wide on that paint spectrem so ill have to go with two correct guesses

Okay guys time to get these last guesses in!

Ravvana

I think I'm going to be nice and stop guessing, since I've gotten like... thirty adorable foals out of this game already :D

I did send you my five guesses via PM, though, as the separate thing :) And I think I'm still waiting for, err, 5 customs? I forgot what I named them, so I'll probably wait to get those finished before I name my game foals, if that's okay. I don't wait to accidentally give two horses the same name XD

SplitX

Wait so... I get to pick 2 pairs, or 3?

Edit: Ravv... I don't know how you do it. xD

Ravvana

SplitX

Does Ravv have any cookies for Splitty? Plox? D: -has had major sugar cookie cravings-

Splitty is going to study genetics, for sure. >____>;

Tribe

Random.org rather loves ravv.so sent you a pm ravv i forgot those customs!

Splitty you get two more guesses.

PonyMama

I would guess but as I know like Nothing about horses and their genetics I don't knwo where to start or anything

But these are cute

SplitX

O_O And an extra breeding slot? And a golden apple? Are you for reals? D: -flails with joy-

Okay. Lesse here...

Body: Palomino
Mane&Tail: Creame

Body: Buckskin
Markings: Frame Overo

Baby: Buckskin Frame Overo

Body: Bay Dun

Markings: Tobiano/Frame Overo

Baby: Bay Dun Tovero
GETTIN' FANCEH! -does a little dance- o_o;

Ravvana

I take my previous comment back... I'm going to share the joy of cute foals <33 If allowed? Otherwise, just give them to me and I'll gift come naming time :)

1)
OWNER: PONYMAMA

Baby: Chestnut roan tobiano

2)
OWNER: RED_UNI387

Body: Brown
Mane&Tail: "Silver"
Markings: Splash

Body: Brown
Mane&Tail: "Silver"
Markings: Splash

Baby: Brown silver dapple with splash

3)
OWNER: POUPOU

Body: Blue roan
Markings: Snowflake appy

Body: Blue roan
Markings: Snowflake appy

Baby: Blue roan snowflake appy

4)
OWNER: YOURLOVEONLY

Body: Cremello dun
Mane&Tail: Cremello

Body: Red dun

Baby: Palomino dun tobiano

SplitX

"Baby: Blue roan snowflake appy"
Mmmm sounds beautiful. <3
Yay for generosity! Super sweet of you Ravv. :3

Tribe

XD pm its not hard love i promise.

Ravv may be able to help you a little i would explain but i gotta color color color!

Ravvana

PM, you can check out my genetics site:
http://stable.colbyforkicks.com/genetics.html

You get one free guess regardless, so you can just toss two colors together and see what happens :)

PonyMama

Yeah I looked and am now even more confused.

I barely know what color they are taking about other then black and white, let alone markings like Tobiano, and overo.

I am in real life terrified of horses, and never really got to knwo anythign about them