Will Ranka succeed in Riding the SC?Will Saint decipher the message?What's Next?

Started by SGA, January 10, 2014, 12:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadana Sorano

Catching Sunny's eye she smiles faintly, her shoulders losing a bit of the tension they had carried.  Turning to leave with Ray she pauses as the tall stranger catches up to her "it's nice to meet you Ranka, I'm sorry it couldn't be under better circumstances.. "  Seeing someone just past Ranka she looks over at the quiet man and smiles encouragingly, giving a wave of her hand for him to join them.  Turning back to Ranka she shakes her head ruefully "I'm not sure what brought you to us today, but I'm grateful for the help.  You'll find a box with first aid supplies in the back of the bus.  Mostly just basic stuff, our supplies have been sorely depleted of late.. there are some clean sheets in case we need to make extra bandages.."  Glancing out the door she notices the newcomers and reaches for the clipboard to quickly update it before quickly heading outside.  Giving a curious distracted look at a man entering carrying a box, she quickly heads over to greet Silvanon and explain briefly what's happening, while looking around to make sure everyone gets loaded safely.  Once the volunteers are all on the bus she turns to Ray and Sascha "We're heading for the first base camp we had established.  That's where the last radio transmission came from.  Take it slow and steady, and try and get everyone to get some sleep.  The heaters been fixed, but just in case there is a box of blankets behind the drivers seat." Shoeing them onto the bus she heads for the last horse trailer, and climbs in, pulling out in front of the big bus to lead the way.

Volunteer List

Arty
Jewel (Springacres) +
SweetCaroline +
Riverwind
Sunchaser
Marshal (maybe)
Ranka (Bunraku) +
* Max (Skysong)
Silvanon
Maxwell Saint Luc (Sera) Electronics

+ indicates the character has some medical ability/knowledge, however small.

Sky, I put an * before your chars name, because I am confused if my character is knowing him or not.  Since Sascha called him here, I assume someone with the agency knows him, but your RP reads to me as if were strangers.  Which is fine, there are a lot of NPC workers at the agency he could know, I'm just not sure how you wanted to play that :)

You guys are funny!  and yes, I woke 3 hours after lieing down for a nap, took time to have dinner, and then have been sitting here ever since typing up my post/s.  Yes yes, Kadana types SLOOOOW.

And Bun, please don't curb your post lengths for my account, as you can see my own tend to run quite long as well.  granted playing multiple NPC's.. but seeing other long posts makes me feel a bit less.. mouthy :D
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

SkySong

I think if he and yours have at least an acquaintance, it would be easier. I didn't mean to play him specifically as a stranger, but he's extremely polite until on a formal level, and since I saw at least four other people were interacting with you it would be a bit silly for you to have to respond to every single person and so I had him stand off to the side till you were less busy. He's basically following the crowd and observing for now, probably next post I'll have him start a convo. Sorry I wasn't very good at conveying that!
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Kadana Sorano

lol It's OK Sky, I had initially thought there was some connection, but I wanted to be sure and not assume :)

I had another post I was typing guys, but it's on hold for a bit while I finish watching Smithsonian documentary about fungus mass killing bats *sad* 

SGA

The mechanic did a good job of altering the old Greyhound bus and fixing it up.  Extra support added to the over head storage area above the seats lets them store quite a bit of stuff.  Bottled water and a case of the MRE's Sunny brought  are stored above the rear seats, a wooden box (crate really) sits at the back near the doors, plastic sheeting hangs out from under the lid, a makeshift lining to protect from dampness.  A big red Plus sign has been painted on the sides of the box.  This then must be the first aid supplies.  A box of clean white sheets sits on top the crate, bouncing and sliding a bit as the bus rolls off of the gravel drive and onto the rougher dirt road leading up the mountain.

Half the seats on the bus have been removed, every other seat on each side, making for much more leg room for the occupants, and plenty of room to set their belongings they may have brought with them.  Small vents on the walls by each seat blow softly, warm air filling the bus.  Thick curtains have been hung over the windows as added insulation, with ties to either side should one wish to open them. 

Climbing onto the bus Sascha stands and holds onto the back of the first seats as Ray closes the door and slowly pulls out following Kadana in the horse trailer.  Looking back into the bus she looks at each person in turn.  "Thank you all for volunteering to help out.  I know some of you were only stopping by for a visit today, and got caught up in things.  But you chose to stay and help, and that means a lot.

We base camps set up around the mountain.  The first one is about 6 hours from here, six hours on a good day.  If we get hit by the storm before we make it, well, it's probably going to take longer.  The heaters are working, but if you need extra blankets we have some up front.  I advise you all to try and get some rest if you can, and if you need anything, let us know.

Turning around she peers out the window and seeing how dark it is already getting she glances at the dashboard clock and frowns, double checking the time on her wrist watch.  Leaning over she murmurs quietly to Ray I don;t think were going to beat it, it's only noon and it already looks like dusk.   Frowning she sits down in the seat behind Ray and pulls out a notebook and starts scribbling in it.  Glancing up periodically to check on the passengers, and peer out the front window at the rear of the horse trailer.

At this point, time will begin to pass.  I'll make periodic posts to "update" as to where we are/how things stand.  I don;t want to just jump from point a to point b, as it is late at night (1 am here real time) and I want to give people an opportunity to RP with each other if they choose.  So if you are on the bus "on the list" feel free to pop in and post some rp bits if you want/as you have the time.  I AM anxious for things to move along, I want to reveal my surprise!  but I also want people to have fun and enjoy the experience.
Storm Chasers: Equipping/Training event : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=6559.0
Storm Chaser's Stat Allocation: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=8619.0
Storm Chasers: Customs Thread (Closed) : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0

Sunchaser

hubby will be here he forgot his pass but I'm dragging him in. He might not be as active with his account but that's cause he looks over my shoulder more often then not. But he will be rping from his account soon :) [\color]

sera

The bus is.... not exactly on par with his usual transportation, but Saint settles onto the bus with a small sort of grin.  It's not that he's unaware of the tenseness of the situation, it's that he's a little nervous and this is the best way he knows how to deal.  He actually has no idea what's going on, really; a friend of his had sent him urgent word about a mountain and electronics frizzling out.  It was just the sort of thing he liked to troubleshoot.

Glancing around one more time, he settles on his nearest neighbour, smile turning a bit rueful as he offers his hand.  "Maxwell Saint Luc; everyone calls me Saint."  The introduction seems almost rote, as though he must include the entirety of his name or be looked upon as some sort of arrogant beast.  "Nasty weather out there."

Bunraku

Sera, not certain who you planned on sitting next to, but I'm going to throw Ranka in his path

Smiling faintly, Ranka gives Kadana a faint, polite nod "Anything you have will be adequate. I'm...used to improvising. "Again, a subtly apologetic look flashes across his features before they settle back into their customary stillness, and faint lines of tension make his jaw tighten as he turns away.

Forced to duck slightly due to his height as he mounts the stairs entering the bus, he straightens slowly only once he is standing in the middle isle. Green eyes take in his surroundings with a flicker of unreadable emotion- discomfort? recognition? Whatever it is, he does not seem unaccustomed  to this mode of travel, and slides his pack containing an additional medical kit, dry food, supplements, and an all purpose knife in one of the overhead compartments with practiced ease. Curiously, attached to this pack is what looks to be a folded wooden stick, unnoticeable unless one would venture to look closely.

Slipping a book out of the inner pocket of the military cut jacket he wears over a black high-collared sweater, he settles in to a seat with a brief, uneasy glance about the compartment. Frowning slightly, he opens the book, and prepares to begin his wait.

"Maxwell Saint Luc; everyone calls me Saint. Nasty weather out there."

Looking up at the sound of a voice, green eyes blink once at the proffered hand, as though uncertain as to what to do with it, before he sets the book down in his lap. Reaching out slowly, he accepts the greeting, shaking Saint's hand as he meets his smile with a subtle twitch of his own lips. "Ranka." the first name, lacking a last, seems almost too short in comparison to Maxwell's name. Glancing over the other man, as if to see whether the name fits the personage presented, the ghost of a smile on Ranka's lips broadens. "No kidding. Electronics man? We're going to need you up there. The presence of the portal's is going to fry the equipment if the whether doesn't. "

SkySong

Haha, I was refraining from putting my Max next to him. I think it would have been pretty amusing.

Bunraku

sera

SweetCaroline

*SweetCaroline climbs on the bus & takes the nearest available window seat. She looks around for her youngest daughter to see if she has made it on yet. She spots her but Riverwind seems to be busy talking to someone so she sets her pocketbook on the seat between herself & the window & puts her gloves & scarf on top of it as she really doesn't think they'll be needed as warm as the bus is & she turns to look out the window at the forever darkening sky.*
~SC~

DawnStar7

I'll be posting soon, I swear!  Will probably have my character follow along in her own truck and trailer, as she'll arrive after everyone has left.

Silvanon

Silvanon boards the bus and looks around for a seat.  "Hum, SweetCaroline has a spot open next to her, but she might like Riverwind to sit next to her," she ponders.  "Oh, the seat behind her is open, that's a good compromise."  With that decided, Silvanon makes a beeline for her selected seat.  She settles down, opting to put her backpack between her feet rather than in the overhead.  SweetCaroline is looking out the window, so Silvanon glances out her own.  "It's so dark outside it seems a lot later than it really is," she comments.

Sunchaser

Sunchaser moved with the others towards the bus and smiled at her husband who had just gotten on. He was still dressed for work in his Navy Digis and wore a necklace of a cross with Silver backing and gold inlaid. She placed her hand in his, her black braclet with silver horseshoes and red rubies glistened as she sat down with him on the bus. He blue and black coat was tossed above the seat before sitting, for she did not want to try and sit with that thing. Underneath she had a red top from her aquarium and wore blue fadded jeans. She sighed and looked around at the others. "What do you think is going to happen?" She was not used to avalanches but she knew what she had to do.

ooc:Hubby will post from his account after the next post from Kadana. He is being lazy *pokes him*

SGA

The wind blows outside, swirling the freshly falling snow into clouds of white powder that the headlights can barely penetrate.  Visibility drops to mere feet out the front window, and even less out the sides where there are no lights shining. 

Having taken her own advice and attempted to get some rest, Sascha comes awake to a soft thump against her window.  Pulling the curtain aside and peering out, she misses the dark blur crossing the front window.  The bus having slowed to a near crawl some time ago, suddenly comes to a full stop.  Tiny scritching sounds can be heard faintly on the roof, the sound reminiscent of nails on a chalkboard but much smaller and quieter.

A blue light flashes from outside, shining briefly through Sascha's window (and any other drivers side windows with curtains open).  Turning back to the window she quickly rummages for her notebook, and notes the time (3:12), then starts scribbling notes while the light pulses faintly outside.  The blowing snow seems to simultaneously amplify the light making it brighter, and at the same time obscure it's origin.  Even with the light bouncing from the white snow, the glow is still clearly not that big an area, and quite high in the trees. 

Engrossed in her notes, attention divided between the light outside, and the noise on the roof, it takes Ray several tries to get her attention.  Finally reaching out he gently shakes her arm "Sascha!"  Finally giving him her attention, she looks out the windshield where he is pointing and his question finally registers "Sascha.. where's Kadana?"

"Ray, how long has she been out of site?"

"Not long..  but Sascha.. she was right there.  There one minute, then I took my eyes away when something hit the bus, I looked back and she was just.. gone."

Glancing back out the side window just in time to see the blue light wink out completely they both frown.  "You don't think..?"

"No.  No way, it was too small, and too high up.."

"And what's on the bus?"

"I don't know, but whatever it was, it seems to be gone now."

Nodding even though he is clearly not as certain, he grabs a flashlight from under the dash "I'm going to walk ahead a short ways, and see if I can see her.  Maybe she realized we stopped and waited.."  Not waiting for a reply, he quickly opens the door and steps out into the swirling snow.

"Blast it Ray!"  Shivering in the cold draft now blowing into the bus, she goes to look out the front window, reaching down and pulling the lever to close the door, leaving it open a sparse few inches to listen for her friend.  Turning back briefly to address anyone who happens to be awake "I'm sorry guys, we'll be moving again soon!"  Turning back to the front she divides her attention between watching for her friend, and listening for any more noises on the roof.

Storm Chasers: Equipping/Training event : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=6559.0
Storm Chasers: Customs Thread (Closed) : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0

sera

"Nice to meet you, Ranka," Saint says easily.  His dark eyes, however, light up instantly... well, light up more at the mention of the electronics.  "I have a theory about that!"  He launches into a very abbreviated, heavily technical monologue, before, just as suddenly, recalls himself.  "Eh heh! Sorry.  I get a little excited."  He glances out the window, the near present smile slipping away for a moment.  "I wish there were better ways to test these types of theories.  Leaps forward in technology should never come at the price of life."

It's another thing he doesn't mean to say out loud and he gives Ranka an apologetic look before inquiring about the man's book and then proving that he's actually very decent at chitchat... as long as he doesn't loop back to technology!

He doesn't notice their gradual decrease in speed consciously, not until the bus suddenly comes to a stop.  His brows furrow sharply together, and he leans over to look up towards the front of the bus curiously.  "Think they need any help?"  He did work on his own vehicles, but they tended to be classic and sports cars; not buses. 

He rises to his feet automatically, grabbing his coat, but before he can intervene, Ray is gone, out into the snow.  Saint frowns, a fiercer thing, and he makes an absent gesture of invitation for Ranka to follow as he makes his way up front.  "Hey," he says with a half-smile.  "Maxwell Saint Luc.  I go by Saint. Should he have gone out there alone?"

Arty

I look around the bus from my spot on in the very back seat, not remembering exactly how I got here but fine with it nonetheless. "Are you guys alright up there?!" I call loudly to be heard over the other voices. I wonder.... where did Kadana go?...

I'm sorry if my posts aren't very long, I've never done a group RP before... >.>

Bunraku

He could feel the rumble of the engine through his seat, the grind of the bus's wheels over uneven mountain roads despite the creature comforts the refurbished greyhound offered. He might have found the sensation placating, even comforting, had it not been for the uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach, slowly growing as they made their slow ascent up the mountainside. He'd planned to bury his fear in his book- instead he found a source of distraction in Maxwell Saint Luc. Leaning back, he listened to the man speak with quiet reserve. Never the less, from the subtle glimmer of interest in green eyes, the nod of his head, the occasional soft word, one could tell that Ranka actually understood the technical terms used.

"Don't apologize, please." Holding up a gloved hand, he smiles faintly. When the topic turned to his book, he looked down at the thin volume resting in his lap, as though surprised that it was still there "You might like it." he said, holding it up briefly in one slender hand "I'm studying to become a pilot, it-"

But the halting of the bus, the scratching and the flash of lights that make the strange, pale color of his hair glisten through the windows, silences him before he gets any further into the conversation, and the smile fades immediately.

"Think they need any help?"

"Yes." He replies immediately, and it takes no prompting before he rises in a smooth unfolding of long limbs, letting the book slip to his seat, forgotten. Reaching to where he stored his pack, he slips the slender stick-like object from where it was strapped to the front by instinct, bringing it to his side. He follows saint, a smooth black shadow moving quickly up the isle, green eyes flickering to the roof, to the windows, where he uselessly tries to see through the thick blanket of falling snow.

SweetCaroline

*SweetCaroline hears Silvanon's comment on the darkness for this time of day & she reaches in her jean pocket to retrieve her silver pocket watch to check the time before responding to the comment.*
Yes, it is quite dark, there should be plenty of daylight left. The storm they spoke of must be moving in faster than expected. I hope everyone on the mountain is safe & warm.

*SweetCaroline realizing that Riverwind must have sat with one of her friends, turns back to the window & tries to see through the darkness. Giving up on watching the scenery through this blanket of darkness & snow she decides to take a nap. Some time later she awakes with a start! The bus seems to have come to a complete stop & there is a cold breeze coming from the front of the bus. She peers forward trying to see what is going on, but can barely see 2 feet in front of herself.*

We seem to have stopped she says to Silvanon.
And it feels as though the door has been left open letting in the cold.
I hope everything is alright.

*She picks up her light blue coat as she speaks & pulls it up over her arms like a blanket & hopes the white fur lining will be enough to block out the cold. She uses her matching blue scarf as a sort of pillow to keep from laying her head against the cold window & leaves the matching gloves on top of her pocketbook. She sits there straining her ears in the darkness for any clues from the many  voices around her as to what is going on  & why the bus has stopped*
~SC~

SGA

Turning to look at the approaching men she attempts a smile, but the worry lines marring her forehead give lie to it.  Looking past the two men at Arty she calls back to her "we're fine Arty, thank you. "  Looking around at the other awake passengers she attempts to reassure "We'll be moving again soon, I apologize for the disturbance.." 

Turning back to Saint Luc and Ranka she lowers her voice and frowns "No, he probably shouldn't have " she answers Saint's question  "But it's Ray.. " Shaking her head she grimaces  "we lost site of the trailer, he went ahead some to see if she stopped to wait.  Chances are she doesn't even realize we're not still behind her. But we have to know, can't just drive up on her, we'd probably hit her before we see her in this.  We painted those trailers white for easy visibility at night.."  Looking out the window at the blowing snow she gives a frustrated laugh "Fat lot of good that does us now!"

Turning back to the window looking for signs of Ray she mutters  "He needs to hurry though, if we don't get moving soon we could be suck here until the storm passes"  Reaching under the dash she removes a folded map and opens it, laying it on the drivers seat  "See here?  This is where we are now " Pointing to a narrow trail marked on the map, she then points to the right at a parallel red line "and just a few feet to the right of is is a drop off.  It's not too deep, and normally it wouldn't be a concern.  but it is deep enough to hide a person if they fall in and get buried by the snow.  They could freeze to death before we find them.."   Glancing out the window she sighs, clearly worried "He should have at least tied off a rope before taking off.. " 

Bringing her focus back to the map she points ahead on the path a ways  "This, is a.."   frowning she tries to think of a word, then gives up  "a whatsit, a narrow gap.  It runs for oh.. maybe a hundred yards or so"   Blinking in thought she looks uncertain about the exact distance  "And we need to make it through that before the snow blocks it. If we don't, we'll be stuck.  Not only can we not turn this thing around here, but we just passed through another, smaller one about an hour back.  So if we don't make it through soon, we could be stuck here for some time. "

Sunchaser

Sunchaser looked at her Husband before looking at the people in the front. They did not want t get in the way but she could feel marshalls leg twitching next to her. She always hated when he did that but right now it seemed her own leg was doing the same thing. She did not like that Kadana was out of sight and just hoped they would start moving soon so that they could go and help whoever needed help.

Her eyes wandered out in the snow wondering what they would find waiting for them. She saw the snow  as it kept falling and was just truly happy her husband was with her for this.

Since its just waiting right now hubby is fine with me just posting that he is next to me. He is being lazy!!

Kadana Sorano

This is taking longer then I thought it would (NOT a complaint, I am enjoying reading everyone's RP bits immensely!)  But it does seem I way underestimated my timeline.  And now I am concerned that people will grow bored and "give up", and that would be just sad.  I know there are some folk watching and waiting that aren't RP'ing, and that's fine too, but again I fear having them grow tired of waiting for the reveal.  However, I am.. selfish, and want to continue the RP.  So if you guys have no serious objections, I'm going to keep on.. keeping on lol

That said, it has been around 24 hours since my last RP post.  I have things to do today, so can;t make a new one right now.  But when I get done with what I have to do, and get home this afternoon (sometime after 3pm EST prolly (which is an hour ahead of Secundi time, so sometime after 14:00 Secundi time)) I shall try and make a new RP post. 

I'm not sure atm how/what to do if I wind up making one before others, since the only char I have left on the bus is already interacting with people.  But I shall think of something.  I'll ponder on it while I'm out and about, and try and keep an eye on Secundi threads while out, if I happen across wifi spots.  I just can;t make an RP post form my kindle, so that will have to wait till I get home.

Thank you all for playing with me!  And I hope I am just being my normal paranoid/worried self, and you aren't getting bored.  *hugs everyone*

Bunraku

I'm certainly not bored Kadana, I'll try to make an RP post today ^.^

SweetCaroline

*SweetCaroline notices that 2 men have left their seats & went to the front of the bus. She sees Sascha standing near the door. But she doesn't see the driver, Ray! She looks around the bus for him, but he is nowhere in sight. He wouldn't have left the bus in this storm, would he? Unless something has happened. (She thinks to herself) Then real worry sets in as she realizes Kadana was in the vehicle right in front of them. If something happened to her then Ray would certainly leave the bus to help her no matter what the weather. She sees Sascha talking to the 2 men, she keeps looking worriedly out the front window, but from where SweetCaroline is sitting it doesn't seem like there is much visibility through all this snow. She calls up toward Sascha* What's happened, is everything OK? Where is Ray?
~SC~

sera

Saint listens intently to Sascha's explanation, dark blue eyes glancing once towards Ranka before settling back on the woman's face.  It was a foolish move for the man to go out on his own.  And dangerous.  There's a chance, barely, that there's still footprints out there; Ray would have to slog through the snow and that should leave some sort of path.  Right?

"Let's get some rope," Saint says.  "Tie me off and I'll go look for him."  He shakes his head again, muttering under his breath in worry.  "Why'd he go out alone without precautions?" 

As he hears a woman's voice, he looks up with a tight, automatic smile, waving at her.  Panic is bad.  Causing panic is bad.  Real panic is worse.  They also need to keep everyone calm.  He glances at Sascha and Ranka again, wondering if they realize that, too. 

Even as he's musing this, however, he can feel the implicit pressure of the storm's timetable, forced upon them by nature.  They had to act fast because Sascha was right; they needed to get moving themselves.

Bunraku

"Let's get some rope, Tie me off and I'll go look for him."

Green eyes, brilliant in the dim glow provided by the buses track lighting, meet Saint's gaze evenly, a instant of silence passing between them. In that moment, a flicker of camaraderie seemed to form, the kind that rises up in the middle of a crisis, where you know that those around you are all you've got and you may very well be the only one with the knowledge to protect them.

"Right." Ranka's voice is level, his gaze calm as he turns, long strides carrying him to the back of the bus. "But I'm not letting you go out there alone. I don't know what that was on top of the bus, but..." But it sounded like it was looking for canned food he thinks to himself, lips thinning into a slight frown as he draws two lengths of rope fourth from a storage container "It didn't sound good." He amends, returning to the front to offer Saint one of the ropes.

Tying one of the ropes around his own waist, he glances up at Sascha, then the rest of the passengers on board. "I'm going to to tie one end of this off to the bus itself. I'd ask one of you to hold it, but I'd be too afraid of dragging one of you with me if we fall." Glancing down at the length of wood he holds in one hand, he taps the end calmly on his hip revealing its purpose as its length unfolds- a 3 foot hanbo, or fighting staff.  I wish I'd brought a sword...

Glancing back up at Saint, he tilts his head slightly "I'll back you up."

Silvanon

Silvanon had drifted off to sleep sometime during the bus ride, but she is startled awake by a flash of blue light coming through her window.  She sits up straighter and looks around, noting that the bus has stopped.  The light that woke her is gone now, with no sign of what the source might have been.  Her attention is caught by little scrabbling sounds on the roof.   Did some animal get up there somehow? she wonders.  The sounds stop after a moment, and she concludes that whatever it was must have jumped off.  After hearing Sascha's announcement and noting the rest of the activity happening, Silvanon waits to see if there's anything anyone needs her to be doing, but otherwise decides its best to follow instructions and stay on the bus.

SkySong

I find it amusing when you say 3-foot Hanbo because that makes it pretty redundant when you already know the different bo sizes. XD

Also have a confirmation for Kadana - this shop's world has humans as the only humanoid creatures, right? No vulcans, for example.

The departure of Ray left Max awake in a gust of cold wind from the open door. Even from the back, the icey breeze was still felt, and without thought he pulled his jacket closer. He'd taken it off when the bus was warm, but stopped and with a light wintry breeze he quickly shoved his arms back in. Calls from the other passengers amused him slightly. It seemed to be an obvious question - someone had just left, Ray by the looks of it, they were stopped, and Sascha was standing in front of the bus instead of sitting. He understood it to be merely concern for the situation, but that didn't stop him from wishing to satirize them.

His eyes focused on the other males readying to leave. The stereotypical male flashed through his mind as he thought about joining them, and with that comparison in mind he stayed put. It wouldn't do if they all ran out in the middle of a storm. And while the bus was made of sturdy enough metal, people could very easily be worked into a panic. A calm presence would have better effect in their midst than out in the storm.

Bunraku

I know that XD; but I don't know if others are familiar with what a hanbo is or how long it is so I added the redundancy for their benefit.

Kadana Sorano

I is home.  Sun beating down on top my head did NOTHING for my migraine *glares at evil ball of fire in the sky*  Took excedrin, going to have a coffee an lunch, then I shall RP post.

*hugs everyone*

@Sky  I'm not sure exactly what you are asking exactly..  but lets see if I can answer anyway? hehe 

First off this adoptable Shop (Shadowgate Adoptables) isn't in an alternate world.  The world is Earth, current date/time, realm, continuum, etc etc :D  So, if you are asking are there other humanoids besides humans populating the world then.. Not that we are currently aware of.  (because there are some people who believe (hope!) that there really ARE werewolves, vulcans, vampires, elves and fairies and such living in hiding in our world)  Ahem  *shifty eyes*  But as of this point in the adoptable shops history, no humanoid not entirely human has ever been discovered no. 

This includes no humans with any special abilities/powers outside the norm.  No magical abilities, no telepathy, no telekinesis etc.  Again, that is "so far discovered".  I DO have plans for some point in the future, when I have more disposable income, to get humanoid lines made.  Those are to include humans, alter humans, sub humans etc etc.  Because SGA was always meant to be an RP shop.  And I do find it very difficult personally, to RP without a visual of the characters (hence my use of Sims for my npc's).

In the meantime, though we have passed through the "infancy" stage, the SGA shop is still very much in the "discovery" stage.  A lot of our critters have special abilities, some we know about, others not so much yet.  And.. things can happen to our characters, to give them different abilities or powers as well.. maybe..  *more shifty eyes*  I had HUGE plans for this shop back when I conceived it on PI, but I have had some issues bringing my concepts and dreams to reality.  Two major issues ahs always been lack of funds for the amount + quality of artwork I need, and lack of RP.  Because I very much need RP for my shop to grow as it was always meant to grow.

Erm.. and now I'm not sure if I have answered your question, or just given you more.  And I probably gave away more then I will later like, but atm I don't mind.  Just ignore me if you see me kicking myself later on lol

And OK, I'm going to grab coffee, and food before I get sick form pain meds.  I shall be back with an RP post shortly thereafter.

SkySong

You explained perfectly! I should have worded the question better, but it helps to know the setting in which we are rping in. (Apologies is if it was on your site, I read it a while ago but can't remember everything.)

SGA

No worries Sky, that specific info wasn't on there, atleast not in so many words I think.  And it is a lot of info on the site even I can't remember it and find myself referring back to it when making posts sometimes.

Nodding in agreement with Saints opinions of Ray's actions "he shouldn't have, but as to why.. well, because he's Ray, being his typical impulsive self.  He's always like this..

Turning to Ranka she smiles with evident relief, clearly whatever her job here, handling this kind of emergency isn't in her training "The steering column should be sturdy enough you think?  You can tie it to that and we'll leave the door open, there are blankets I can pass out to counter the wind until you're back..

Suiting action to words she digs in the box behind the drivers seat and quickly starts down the isle handing blankets to everyone.  Raising her voice to be heard over the wind "We're going to have the door open for a bit guys, so it's going to get cold in here.  I know the blankets are scratchy, but they are warm"  Laughing briefly "but then, isn't that the military way?  Efficiency over comfort?  Well anyway, I'm glad we have them!"  After handing the last person a blanket she stops and frowns slightly, thinking through her next words "Ray had to go check.. something.  And Saint and Ranka are going to go help him.  It's a bit hard to see out there right now, we need to make sure there is nothing in our path.  Once they make sure the path is clear we can continue on to the base camp."

Passing back to the front she pauses and turns back "Elsie packed us a lunch, if you guys are hungry the cooler is at the back.  There should be roast beef sandwiches, and I believe some thermos's with coffee and coco.  Feel free to help yourselves" Smiling she turns and hurries back to the front of the bus, stopping at her seat to grab a spare flashlight from her pack she holds it out, offering it to the men "I'm not sure how much good it will do, but.." shrugging helplessly "please, be careful"  Leaving them to it she turns and heads back , going to each awake passenger in turn, inquiring if they are comfortable, or need anything, and doing her best to reassure them without actually lieing to anyone.

Riverwind

River abruptly wakes from her place alone at the rear of the bus, as a cold draft hits her from somewhere above. Looking up, she realizes that her window is halfway open, the thick curtain pulled back slightly. Huh...how did that happen? Confused, she reaches up and shuts it firmly, but still feels a slight draft coming from the front of the bus. That's when she notices that the bus is stopped and the doors are hanging wide open. A couple of people are missing. Still half asleep, she decides to move to the seat where her mother, SweetCaroline, is sitting, and as she gets closer, she notices that one of SweetCaroline's gloves are missing. "Mom? Where's your other glove??"

OOC: Sorry that I haven't posted for a few days...I had some issues to take care of. They ought to be solved now so I should be able to post regularly now :)

sera

There is instant relief that he's not going alone and then an immediate flare of concern; Ranka seems very familiar with that weapon.  What if he's needed here?  Well, but whatever had been atop the bus hadn't been able to get into the bus.  Still, the sight of the weapon drove home his uneasy.  Saint nodded in agreement, but he leaned over to warn Ranka of what he was about to do before he did so.  "I'm telling her to cut the rope if that thing comes back," he said very softly in a serious tone.  If that made Ranka want to remain here, he was fine with that, though he didn't expect the man to think that way at all. Not someone who carried around a freaking stave.

Saint left Ranka to start tying things off, catching Sascha away from the others enough to whisper the warning in her ear, too.  "It couldn't get in before," he explained his reasoning.  "So if it comes back, make sure that door is closed all the way."  He straightened to give her another easy smile, showing none of the unease and, yes, adrenaline, beating through him.  His 'survival' situations were normally in the business world, but he was no less capable of dealing with the reaction that came from 'life or death' circumstances.  Time, however, was still of the essence, especially if they wanted any chance of finding Ray's path. 

Saint hurried back to the front, taking the rope meant for him and tying it the same way Ranka did.  He gave the man another smile, this one showing far more of the adrenaline than what he'd given Sascha.  "Let's go."

With a quick breath, Saint pushed his way out into the teeth of the storm.

Dark eyes immediately began scanning for some sign of Ray's passage, though the first few steps were obvious. Ray would have gone forward up the road. 

Bunraku

"I'm telling her to cut the rope if that thing comes back,"

Ranka's only reply was to nod once, meeting Saint's eyes once again with his own penetrating green gaze before moving past him towards the steering column indicated previously by Sascha. It seemed the man had absolutely no intention of abandoning his current course of action, regardless of what danger they might face. Whether that danger be from the elements or...something else.

Bending down slightly, he gave the steering column a sturdy yank before glancing back at Sascha. "This should be fine." He murmurs, tying both ropes to it securely. Straightening, he runs his hands absently across the front of his jacket, smoothing the few wrinkles in the fabric. More out of habit than out of vanity.

Catching Saint's grin, he flashes him a smile of his own, feeling his own heart hammering against the inside of his ribs, but like Saint, refusing to show the others his fear.

Shifting his grip on the hanbo, he slips quietly out into the storm behind him.

Immediately, a bitter wind hammers into him, driving flakes of snow who's chill bites into his skin, a thousand tiny stinging pinpricks of ice. Reaching behind himself, he yanks up the black fur-lined hood resting against his shoulders, squinting against the force of the squall. "Do you see anything?" He shouts, though his voice seems lost, a futile echo on the wind.

SweetCaroline

*SweetCaroline watches the 2 men at the front of the bus with Sascha & wonders what in the world they need that rope for. Then she sees Sascha coming down the aisle with her arms loaded with blankets & hears her explaining about the door being kept open, about the driver Ray leaving to check something, & how now Saint & Ranka are supposedly going to help him. The explanation seems a bit off to her but she keeps her thoughts & opinions to herself as she is not one to judge. So she politely thanks Sascha for the blanket & turns her thoughts back to her eldest daughter & wonders if she is alright.

She hears Sascha speaking again, offering up food & drink. After Sascha makes it to the front of the bus she sees her reach a flashlight to the 2 men & almost immediately Sascha begins coming down the aisle again, stopping to inquire on everyone that is awake if they are comfortable or need anything. Sascha is also trying to make everyone believe that everything is alright. SweetCaroline is not believing it for a minute. She thinks Sascha is putting forth to much effort in trying to insure that nothing is wrong which just leads SweetCaroline & probably a few others to believe just the opposite. Something is definitely up but SweetCaroline keeps her silence so as not to panic anyone.

SweetCaroline is abruptly pulled from her thoughts & worries by the sound of Riverwinds voice. "Mom? Where's your other glove??", she hears her youngest ask. She looks confused. It's right here beside me where I left it she says as she reaches for the gloves on top of her pocketbook. But to her surprise, one of them is missing. She mumbles something under her breath & begins searching for the missing glove, looking behind herself on the seat, in the crack of the seat, under the seat. She can't seem to find it anywhere. Well where on earth did it go she asks to no one in particular. It couldn't have just walked away! she says.
~SC~

SGA

Watching Ranka tie the ropes off and test the sturdiness of their hold, she smiles faintly in relief, apparently something is going to finally go right anyway, folding the map back up she goes to tuck it into her own pack, listening to Saint it takes her a minute for his meaning to register.  Turning quickly with wide eyes she starts to say "What?!  I can't do that!"  But realizes she's talking to their backs, as they are already out the door.  Staring after them in horror she then sighs, turns and goes to see what's going on with River and SweetCaroline.  A missing glove?"   Frowning she offers to help look "I'm sure it's here somewhere, it can't have just walked off after all"   Laughing a bit she walks down the isle checking under all the seats, just in case it fell and slid when the bus stopped.

I shall make another post, around Ranka and Saint outdoors, after dinner.  I wanted to go ahead and get something posted now, as I hadn't managed to post when I woke this morning.  Also, since there are two different "scenes" as it were now, I thought to keep them in separate posts anyway :)

Very southern meal tonight, trying my hand at it.  Well, with alterations.  The meat is steak, not pork chops, but it's thick, half an inch thick, before it hit the pan.  Less thick now lol  It was quite fatty which has now cooked out and caused shrinking..  2 pounds of fresh greens (mustard or collard, forget which atm!) with a little salt, lotsa of garlic, dried onion, pepper, and cooked in 3 cups of water with 4 tablespoons of butter mixed in.  Fresh loaf of garlic and herb french bread in the oven, instead of the typical rolls, and potato's boiling in a pot with onions and spices.

I shall endeavor to not go into a fat/grease/food coma after dinner, and make it back to make my second post :D  Here's to hoping ti all turns out well.. the only thing I am certain of is the steak and bread rofl

Bunraku

Riverwind

SGA

ETA: I'm not sure how far you guys want me to assume your chars traveled, so I tried to describe some of the way, and you can take your chars as far as you want.  Without us all being on and sitting here ready to post every couple of minutes to say you went another few feet, me describe the area, and rinse/repeat, it's the best way I could think of to do it.  You of course don't have to go as far out as I described, and if anyone has any idea of a better method, I'm open to suggestion :)

Just out the door, the bus blocks the wind somewhat from the two men, but even so it is loud, and blowing hard.  Directly in front of them, impressions can be seen in the snow.  Ray's prints perhaps, not yet filled in.  They lead off towards the front of the bus, no where near the drop to the right.  Up in front of the bus the prints, though still visible, are rapidly filling in.  Never the less, it is clear they head off down the road towards the curve that leads to the narrow passage that Sascha was so concerned over making it through.

To the left of the road is a forest,  the wind makes eerie sounds as it blows through, shaking the leaves and blowing piles of snow off the branches.  Farther down the road the tracks vanish, completely obliterated by the wind and falling snow.  It shouldn't be TOO much farther to the bend in the road, though it can't be seen in this mess.  But the bus can no longer be seen in the other direction either.

Somewhere out there a muffled crack! is heard, as a tree branch snaps under it's frozen load.  And from somewhere a voice is heard yelping, a sound of shock, or perhaps fear.  The storm suddenly subsides, and there is a brief moment when the wind stops, and world is quiet.  Another call in the dark, a distinctly male voice, cursing, and then the storm picks back up, whipping the snow from the trees to add to what's falling in a blinding cloud of white.

Bahaha and I forgot to change red to magenta *fixes*  I dunno what happened to our magenta from the drop down, couple other colors have gone missing too, so mysterious!

Anyway, I'd be happy to cook for you, but you mayn't be so happy to eat it lol  I like to experiment a lot.  And I like garlic.  A lot.  In everything.

As for dinner tonight, well, it didn't turn out a complete disaster.. but neither was it a complete success.  Part of it wasn't my fault (I think) because the greens, for some reason, smelled and tasted like grass.  I now feel like I spent money on two pounds of bagged grass to feed to my family lol  Mom however liked them, so that's something.  I didn't HATE them, but I didn't really care for them.  At least half are left and in the fridge now, may eat them with another meal.  Potato's weren't so good.  I dislike boiled potato's anyway, so I;m biased a bit, but they were a wee bit too watery as well I think.  Even if they had been turned to mashed/creamed potato's I don't think they would have been good, too much water absorbed.  The bread was delicious, and the steak.. well, I never fail with my steaks :D

So now letting stomachs settle before desert.  Which I can't say what is, cause River is going nuts wondering, and I want to make her suffer for a bit more >:D

SGA

Unable to find the lost glove, Sascha finally gives up looking, with an apologetic look to SweetCaroline.  "I'll look again in a bit, it surely has to be here someplace.."  Frowning a bit in confusion over how anything could have went missing she turns and makes her way to each person once again, asking if they need anything and offering each in turn one of the sandwiches Elsie sent.  Finally having tended to everyone elses needs, she takes her own sandwich, and heads back towards her seat.

Just taking the first bite of warm roast beef and crispy bread, she nearly chokes on it when the radio at the front starts making whining static noises.  Rushing to the front she drops her food on her seat and reaches for the radio.  Fiddling with the nobs she tries to make the static go away so she can hear.  With growing frustration she grabs the mic and presses the button to speak "Hello!  There is too much interference, we can't hear you!"  Releasing the talk button she listens again to another burst of garbled static.  "It's no good!  We aren't getting you clear enough!  Listen, were stopped halfway to the first base camp, the storm is getting worse, and we can no longer see the horse tailor in front of us.  There were lights and.. Ray is out checking the road with some of our volunteers.  We should be moving again soon, but we don't know where Kadana is, you need to try and contact her.."  Another burst of garbled static interrupts Sascha, then the radio goes dead.  "Well, that's just great.."  Sighing she drops down into rays seat and rests her head on the wheel.

sera

Saint shrugs deep into his coat, adjusting his scarf to block the cold a bit more.  He taps Ranka's arm, pointing out in front of the bus, calling out easily.  "Thataway."  He starts in the direction, trying to keep his coat pulled in close around him.  It's slow going in the snow and dark.  But Saint's wondering if perhaps they should try to move the bus forward themselves a bit of the way.  Just as he's debating if they should do just that, a loud crack echoes through the area and the storm suddenly subsides as though listening, too.

A voice hollers and Saint's response is immediate.  "Ray!  Ray, where are you?"

SGA

Response to Saint's call is immediate, and quite close.  A high pitched yipping (http://chirb.it/5nmnKL), a strange cross between a puppy and a squeaky toy, can be heard from above accompanied by the sound of scritching on wood and frozen pine needles sprinkling down through the headlight beams.

SGA

Things sound different to different people, and I'm not too confident of my ability to accurately portray sounds, so I have decided to upload some sound files for the RP.  This way you can click, and have a listen, and hear exactly what your characters are hearing :D

I spent all day yesterday trying to figure out a place/way I could get the sounds to you guys without you having to download them.  In the end I just gave up.  But late last night/early this morning Ember helped me out, directing me to a super easy to use site.  So now, thanks to Ember (Thank you Ember!) I have the ability to share sounds with you to help enhance the RP a bit.

I have edited a sound into the prior RP post, please do go back and take a listen.  You will have to click the play button once you click the link, it won't auto play.  I hope you all enjoy this little extra element added in :)

Silvanon

Silvanon hears the comments about SweetCaroline's lost glove.  Maybe it fell and slid a ways?  But Silvanon's backpack is still sitting on the floor between her feet, and would block the way for the glove to slide too far.  She picks up her backpack just to make sure it isn't hiding her view of the glove, but nothing is there.  "Huh, your glove really can't have gotten far," she comments to SweetCaroline.  "You aren't sitting on it, are you?"

Riverwind

River can't find her mother's glove anywhere. Exhausted, she sits down on one of the empty seats nearby to take a break. "Thank you guys for helping but I guess it had to have walked away, because it sure ain't here! Did you put it in your coat pocket for some reason??" o.O

OOC: Lol Watching Black Butler so didn't do anything really long...

Bunraku

I'll post tonight guys, just a bit busy getting things done!

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline watching Sascha trying her best to communicate through the short ban radio with no apparent luck, realizes we are definitely in a bind & decides searching for a lone glove is really the least of any of our worries, so she tells Sascha, Riverwind, Silvanon & anyone else who might have been helping look*
"The glove really isn't that big a deal, I can always buy another pair when we all get home."

*She hears the faint sound of scritching & some sort of squeaking, yipping sounds coming from somewhere outside the bus & wonders if the guys are OK out there & again wonders where Kadana is, how far she made & if she is OK or having the same or similar problems where ever she is at. She reassures Silvanon that she got up off the seat & checked it thoroughly & looks at Riverwind & shakes her head as she turns both her pockets inside out to show they are quite empty*

"Really guys, the glove will turn up eventually on it's own or it will be replaced later. Thank you all for helping search though."
~SC~

Sunchaser

Sunchaser looked up and moved towards the others, looking for the gloves that dissapeared. She heard the strange sound and tilted her head a bit. What the heck was that? She shook her head for a moment before turning towards Sweet Caroline. "Did you leave it back at base camp?" She look at her husband who was going through some of the packs in the back trying to find the glove as well as a flashlight.

Bunraku

I'll post today guys promise! ^.^ Just wait for me kadana? <3