News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

New Comic...Maybe??

Started by EvanescentHowling, June 20, 2011, 11:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvanescentHowling

Well, lately I've been poking around and reading little comics and things like that and the artwork and stories inspired me to (possibly) start my own series and I love to write :) Currently I have no idea what the plot or characters or anything will be but I started drawing a bit and I'm wondering if its a good start. So here is my first "character" maybe.

This was the sketch that I started out with (ehh not too shabby) :D

Rough outline that I did in ms paint haha

Eh, "finished" version. I'm not sure how much shading I will put in for a real finished job but I will probably wait until I get my tablet and photoshop set up. The lines are VERY rough and the tail and mane are horrid but this is basically what the characters will look like. The color is still a work in progress since I'm not sure what color or markings this lovely stally will have. Suggestions?? Name suggestions would be great too :)

Critique away!! I need suggestions and anything that will help me. :)

TheLeet

I think the lines look good but then I suck at lines XD
Since you asked for critique, the eye seems slightly off to me. Like it's too far up the head. However, you could just call that "your style" and get away with it ;)

I really like the colour scheme you've got for him so far. I especially like how the white markings are kind of an off-white.

EvanescentHowling

*looks at eyes* You know...I never would've seen that! It does seem a little too far up thanks!