News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

YLO is selling for a good cause

Started by YourLoveOnly, November 07, 2014, 11:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourLoveOnly

Hi guys,

Sorry for being MIA so much. Life is still crazy, working 5 days a week and still having a crappy health and living together with a fun person and a sick dad + grandma adds up to not having time for Secundi :( I miss you guys!

Due to me not having much time for Secundi I feel like it might not be a bad idea to sell some of my pets. The money will go to the local animal shelter I work at.

I'll take USD offers on all Agencies that allow this. There are a few I am too attached to, but most of them I am willing to let go, especially because of the cause I am selling them for. Please shoot me a message with the pets you are interested in and how much $$ you are offering for them.

Here's the heartbreaking story of what's going on:
The cat section of the shelter has been hit with a fungal infection, we discovered it a couple weeks back. At that point we had over 80 cats which we are now all treating. Providing treatment for all those cats and getting all of them + the environment they are living in tested to see if the disease is gone will cost €12.000 for a single round. Usually in these cases 2 or 3 rounds are needed because with this many animals it's likely treatment won't work right away on all of them. No, I am not kidding, it really does cost that much. I was shocked when my boss told me this week. There was cash saved up, we get as high of a discount as possible and are very fortunate to have sponsors and people donating, but extra funds are still very very welcome.

The treatment is super stressful, stressful enough that it's likely we'll be losing some of them :'( It's a heartbreaking time.. I'm working as many shifts as I can keep up with to try and help as much as possible. It's sad to see the scared kitties who had made so much progress learning to retrust us completely falling back into old habits and trying to attack out of pure fear.. I hope we can pull them all through this, but I know it's likely we'll lose a few of them soon. The first two are already gone.. 

Me and some other volunteers are trying to do some things to raise a bit of money. It will mainly be used to replace all the scratching post, toys, baskets and blankets that we had to throw out for safety reasons. A bit is replaced by sponsors, but they can't replace all of it at once and after the hell these cats are going through they can defenitely use the extra comfort these items can provide them. It's not much we can do, but every little bit will hopefully help them recover afterwards. It's a very traumatic experience for most of them :(