News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Way to make a sad day at least somewhat better :)

Started by springacres, October 20, 2010, 05:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springacres

So as I'm sure some of you are aware right now, my grandfather passed away last night.  Not the sort of news you want to hear when you wake up in the morning.  He'd been having health issues for some time, but still his death is a bit of a shock.

But it was nice, when I logged onto Secundi, to find my newest Nom all grown up in my inbox :)

And then I checked the Painted Unicorns thread to see that my rose claim had been processed for this boy:

I need a name for him.  I was thinking of perhaps naming him David, after my grandfather, but I'm not sure I'm that ready for a memorial pet and I think I'd want it to be a custom anyway.  So, ideas please?

zarzamora

Aw... sorry hun, its always hard to hear news liek that. The gavanian dictionary is always good for inspiration, even if you just end up using the english words

Keilin Alyr

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing, Spring. *hugs tight*

You could reference your grandfather in your unicorn's name in a subtle fashion. Just an idea that came to my mind, David has the meaning of "beloved", which translates to "Chirinien" in Gavanian. It could work for your new boy while still paying your respects.

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

springacres

Thanks to both of you for your sympathy.  I have now decided on a name for the palomino boy - he will be Chirinien'patret "Beloved Prince."

CutieePiee

I'm sorry for your loss. :( *hugs*

Your Nom and PU are beautiful.