News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Natural Or Fantasy?

Started by BabyKittenCandy, May 19, 2010, 08:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabyKittenCandy

Which do you prefer to see adopts in? Natural coats ie: Any sort of animal coat type or fantasy colours? Or do you like a mixture of both? And what are your reasons? Would it put you off an adopt if only Fantasy colours were available? Or Visa-Versa?

YourLoveOnly

I like a mixture of both, because I like getting some of my special characters and fantasy colors are just fun to play with, but natural coats are very beautiful and much loved.

Natural only wouldn't put me off, but I think fantasy only would. I love real animal mimics!

indigowulf

Usually I like natural if the lines are natural, but if the lines are clearly fantasy, then both work.

Neocridders

I agree with indigo. If you have rabbit art, and you are coloring them natural, that's great. I don't mind purple bunnies, since I love lots of colors on my adoptables, but it's sometimes really special to get a natural coat, especially when the adoptable only has them.

But, I agree. If there are like... phoenixes, lots of fantasy colors are great :) Naturals work, but I wouldn't stick to naturals alone for that.

sera

i like both options, even for natural lines. ^^ i think it's nice to have some adoptables that are natural lines only, but i enjoy being able to get purples, greens, etc.  ^^

Angella

I like both options too, but if I had to pick one, I'd go with fantasy colors because there's more variety. After a while natural colors get boring, IMHO.

Nighthenge

I like both. 
However, if you are basing your coloring around real animal coat patterns, the hallmarks of the pattern HAVE to be there.  For example, the pinto patterns in horses have a certain directionality to them, if the pattern is "off"  I'll pass.