News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

How do you divide your Kennels? Advice wanted.

Started by BabyKittenCandy, June 30, 2010, 08:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabyKittenCandy

Ive been told Im odd, but for me, I like to have my dogs in mainly seperate Kennels. I presently just have the two kennels but with my addiction growing, Im looking to shift them about.

I presently have the following breeds:

Mala's - Many of them, this is my main focus.
Elkhounds - Recently got into them and have a good few
German Shephards - Have a fair few, these initially were my focus til the Mala's came out
Wolfhounds - Bad Rav! I love them!
Border Collies - I have a few
Akita's - 4, not sure I want more
American Eskimo's - 4, not sure I want more
Pitties - 3, not sure I want more
Shiba's -2, not sure I want more
Crested's -2, not sure I want more
Afghan's - 2, not sure I want more
Cockers - 2, got cos I fell in love with the coats, not ness a breed I wanna get into but omg, they are cute and pretty, pet breed
Sammies - 1, Fell in love with a girl, looking for a boy but that will prolly be all, pet breed
Borzoi - 1, pet breed
Rottie - 1, pet breed
Alaskan Husky - 1, pet breed.

So at the moment I have 2 Kennels. First Frost, home to my mala's mainly and Winterhaven. Im gonna get a third Kennel for my per breeds and dogs I dont necessarily wanna compete/breed. But Im happy to have as Many Kennels as needed, I just cant figure out how best to split them all up, lol.

Odd question I know but anyone have any advice? Do you like to keep your breeds seperate? Or just up to 3 breeds in one kennel?

PonyMama

I persoanlly have my main kennel which has everything in it, then my Iggy's started to get out of hand so I made them their own kennel, they are alone).  But by chance Garney made a funny comment in the thread when I was making that kennel so I ended up making a third kennel devoted to my chinese crested dog.

So my main kennel made to become registered.
Second kennel to get the iggys a place of their own becasue I had so many
third kennel by chance

springacres

I currently only have one kennel, but my Aussies are starting to demand their own.  I'm thinking of eventually making one kennel for each AKC dog group, but we'll see where that goes *lol*