News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Kennel Help Needed

Started by Sylar, September 24, 2010, 01:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylar

Ive not played The Kennel in a VERY long time, and i was wondering, is it still possible to trade The Kennel dogs for $? Ive got 23 Dogs and 12 NN5 Christmas tags and i dont ever plan on using them and its a shame they are going to waste, but ive never played Secundi and dont particularly want to trade my dogs for the currency here. I know we used to be able to as ive brought a few with $ before, but is that still possible? If not, i guess they will rot in my unused account as they have been doing so for so long now :(

BabyKittenCandy

If you are/were a regiastered Kennel you may sell the dogs for usd til, I believe, you get to the point where you no longer have enough to qualify as a registered kennel. Im not sure however about the tags. I know you can also trade for other adopts and ofc there is gifting if you have someone your friendly with who is into the kennel.

Keilin Alyr

Wow, your Malamutes and Huskies... actually, all of your dogs are gorgeous! You're right, it would be a shame for them to not have active homes. =)

Since it looks like you've had a registered Kennel (Emerald City Kennels, am I right?), I believe you would be allowed to accept USD and other currencies for your dogs. However, you might wish to contact the Kennel account in advance if you're hoping to actually close down your kennel.

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Silvanon

The rule is if you're getting rid of all your dogs you no longer count as a registered Kennel and therefor can't sell for USD.

Ryuukokoro

Rather than selling for USD, you could gift them to someone (or someones) who is active in the Kennel and would really appreciate them. :)

Sylar

So if i sell all but the 2 male and 1 female of the same species, i can sell them for $?

zarzamora

you copuld also trade for PG or adoptables still running there I think...

YourLoveOnly

PG is also a currency. So if she can't sell for USD she also can't sell for PG, BP, SG etc

Whimsy

Basically I think if your getting rid of all of them and you don't want to trade them for secundi things you either need to a.give them away (maybe like a big raffle or something) or b.legt them sit. The rule is to keep people from colle@cting masses of dogs and then turning around making a profit off of them.

Ryuukokoro

Taruia

Yep, if you are deciding to sell all of your dogs you can't sell any of them for money. It becomes a bit of a tricky thing because we do allow registered kennels to sell for USD, however getting rid of all your dogs you obviously don't want to be a registered kennel any more, so you lose the right to be able to sell for USD. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me to discuss it.

You are welcome to gift them to people, or trade for other adoptables, or you could just let them sit. But because you are wanting to quit the Kennel you can't sell them for USD. Sorry.

Taru

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

Sylar

Just curious, where in my post does it says that i 'don't want to be a registered kennel any more' ??? I never said that, and i wish to stay a registered kennel thank you!!
I plan to keep 3, 2 males and a female of the same species to keep my Kennel registered incase i feel like coming back someday.
So surely i can still sell my dogs for $!!
I have no intention of 'quitting' (I dont think i used this word either so im not sure where you were getting all of that) and nor do i plan on selling all of my dogs, there are a few that i couldnt bear to sell as even though i dont play so much anymore, i still have a fondness for the ones that are based on RL dogs that ive had/known. I just wanted to make back some of the money that i spent on them so that i can pay off some of my credit card bill.

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: Sylar on September 24, 2010, 01:57:58 PM
but ive never played Secundi and dont particularly want to trade my dogs for the currency here.

Well I think it's because you said this, it kinda implies that you don't plan to stay around here. The Kennel only exists on Secundi so you can't stay active in The Kennel if you're not on Secundi. Sorry if people assumed things but the way you worded it implied you were done with the Kennel and had no plans to come to Secundi.

Also you said "Ive got 23 Dogs and 12 NN5 Christmas tags and i dont ever plan on using them" and it sounds like you're talking about everything, the dogs and the tags. So you can see why everyone thought you were trying to sell everything.

I dunno, it's just me but I kinda feel like you're nitpicking here to try to get around the rule. First you imply that you want to sell everything for USD or else they're just going to "rot in your account" (again implying you're not ever coming back). Then you learn that you can't sell for USD if you're getting rid of all of them, so you change your stance and say "Well I still want to keep enough to be a registered kennel and I have some I won't sell."

It just sounds to everyone like you're trying to get around the rule after hearing the verdict. :\

Edit: I completely understand where you're coming from, though. When I left PI I seriously wish I could have made back all the money I wasted on Lupines. -_-

Sylar

Can someone please point me/link me to the rule that says even though im a registered kennel, i cant sell my dogs for $?

Keilin Alyr

It's not because you're a registered kennel that you wouldn't be allowed to sell, it's because the impression was given that you had no interest in continuing said kennel. Like Ryuu said, the main Kennel is active only on Secundi (they're no longer allowed on PI from my understanding), and it did sound like you had no intention on joining the site.

Everything you'd need is on this link, especially toward the bottom:

http://www.lemontoss.com/kennel/agreement.html

I imagine if you wanted to keep some nostalgic or special dogs, you could keep your kennel semi-active, though it never hurts to join Secundi and give the site a chance. I remember a lot of popular PI adoptions had an active-member clause (which probably means I've lost all of my Lupines... grumble...), and I imagine something similar might apply here.

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Sylar

I dont plan on closing my registered kennel, as i may want to come back one day. Because i still have a registered kennel, i should be able to sell my dogs for $, right? Since i dont plan on closing my kennel, can someone please explain why i cant sell for $?
Ive not played the kennel in about a year and yet ive come back havent i? Who's to say i wont come back again?

sera

As Ryuu has already explained, your first post IMPLIES STRONGLY that you were planning on getting rid of all of your dogs and tags and thus stop collecting TheKennel anymore.

Based on that implication, you could not sell your dogs or items for USD.

If you are going to keep enough to remain as a registered kennel, technically you could sell them for USD. 

Overall, though, Sylar, you really don't sound like you're actually thinking about staying in TheKennel at all. ^^;;;  It /sounds like/ you're just trying to find a way to sell off as many of your dogs for USD as possible then get rid of the rest. ^^;;;;

Winged

I've been looking at this thread for a while, so i'm going to stick my head in now. Basicly the problem is that it sounded in your first post that you wanted to get rid of as many as your dogs as possible, and don't want to take an active part in the adoptable in secundi.
While registered kennels can sell for $, you cannot sell your dogs for $ (or an currency) if you are getting rid of all, or as many as possible.
while technicly you could sell all but enough to remain a registered kennel, it is very much frowned on, and from my opinion is just rude.

As people have already said, you could gift them if you just want them to have good homes. However it seems more like you are trying to make money from them. I understand that if you spent $ on them, you would want to get it back but i don't really think that's an option.
You could send a message to TheKennel account, if you wish to get the official opinion on it.
Owner of Gliders!

Taruia

I'm not gonna argue any points here, I'm just going to post the last sentence of the agreement that all registered Kennel owners sign.

QuoteIf you think this is unfair, remember that this is our adoptable, our work, and we allow kennels the benefits they have. It isn't a right, it's a favor.

If we at the Kennel feel that you are simply trying to get USD out of your Kennel dogs we are more then allowed to block the USD sale of those dogs. While you may have adopted the dogs, the art is still ours. From your first post I was given the impression that you were no longer interested in the Kennel at all, and you can't say that the tone of that post doesn't give that impression. If you plan on keeping three dogs that is wonderful, you're more then allowed to do that. However, because of your plans to not be on Secundi at all, I am not comfortable allowing you to sell your dogs for USD.

Garney, Silv, and I work very very hard on the Kennel dogs, and when someone wants to sell them all off for USD that really hurts us. It's you making a profit off of our artwork. We allow this for registered, active, Kennels, but when someone is leaving or not interested in the dogs doing this is not allowed. You are not the first person we have told they cannot sell their dogs for USD. This has always been a rule. I'm sorry if it doesn't make you happy, but you are welcome to trade the dogs for other adoptables, or you could gift them to someone. Or you could just keep them and not do anything with them, that's fine too.

Like I said in a previous post, you are welcome to PM me about this, but your posts have gotten very hostile, and I don't appreciate the tone. You've been given an answer to your question. Further debate should be between you and one of the runners of the Kennel, not the Secundi community.

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

Whimsy

Here's what I see as a soluyption, it'll have to be approved of course though. You could come back and be active in secundi and the kennel. After a set limit of time of you being active you may sell maybe your kennel tagits and if you continue to stay active your can do whatever with the dogs you do not want. However you must stay active in secundi afterwards!