News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Feedback on new cat based lines

Started by Callincone, January 01, 2011, 04:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callincone

I have drawn this and now want some feedback before starting the adoptie itself.
Female

Male

I have thought of the name Valtameri Kats.  It will have mutations, stages, and be breedable.
This will also be available on PonyIsland

Winged

I like the idea, but i think the lines could do with being smoothed up. Especiallly the legs, fins and the male's tail. But i like the mer cat idea :) and the general pose of them.
Owner of Gliders!

TheLeet

They're cute ^_^
The proportions look about right to me but I really think that the lines need to be smoother. The shading could do with being more detailed and less blotchy. It also seems to go outside the lines in some places.
You could also try adding highlights to give them more depth

Neocridders

You know, it looks to me like you drew the lines in paint and the shading was in gimp or photoshop. It might be good to atleast try to see if you could ink the lines in photoshop, then remake the shading a bit to fit the new ink. Also, make sure the shading isn't outside the lines.

And, personally, I think it would be cool if you reshaded no matter if you do reink or not, and use a tiny brush, taking your time, and adding something to make a scale effect on the tail, or maybe something to make it have texture. I like to imagine mermaids to have scaley tails, but if the tail isn't shaded like it, the cat part is the same texture as the tail.

Maybe trying out on a fresh 'canvas' just some trials of fur shading, scale shading, and then, if you want, maybe even highlight it.

Fur is silky shiney underwater sometimes. Or above land it's fluffy. Or if they have scaley tails, when wet they geam a beautiful shimmer.
I bet they'll be popular with the right tweaks to the art you already have