News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

New Adoptable Preview

Started by Ambient, August 22, 2011, 01:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambient

The land has always been split into Four Domains. The cold Tundra to the North, the rolling Plains to the East, the dry Desert to the South, and the lush Forests to the West. It is said that once, all creatures dwelt where the Four Domains touched, but soon there became too many. Brother fought against brother, and sister fought against sister, all to claim a small portion of the land. It was soon decided that the creatures should leave the center, and journey out to the farthest reaches of the Four Domains. The creatures split themselves into four groups, each taking to a different direction. After the Great Journey, over the many generations, the creatures began to change, to more suit their domain. No longer were they all same, they became...

red_uni387

wow the art for these is gorgeous! though kinda freaky how similar the background story is to one i was writing for an adoptie about a year ago XD

Winged

Wow, these are gorgeous! I love the lines and shading, can't wait to see more of them :D
Owner of Gliders!

Luv007

Ryuukokoro

Aww they're cute! I love the lines!

Pinkshadow

Rosewood

YourLoveOnly

The art is stunning, would love to see them launched!

sera

Absolutely and completely stalked.  =-0 <3

Neocridders

Can't wait to stalk these guys o.o

Wildfilly94

Love them!! O_O Cant wait to stalk :3

Solistia

So much pretty, seriuosly *A* /stalkystalk

jojo

LaneyAngel

They remind me a lot of Wajas!!!
**The Comprehensive List of Quinsta Colour Breeding Projects** - please come post and help make a guide to all Quinsta breeding projects on Secundi! :D
Quinsta- visual guide to males and females of each breed

JellyThunda

MYYYNEEE *steals*
YOU SHALL NOT STALK ZEM. *holds her super blaster water launcher in one hand and shoots a burst of water straight up into the air... it does not come down*
[/adoptable-crazed-crazyness]

I think that these would be a great addition to the Secundi family! I can't wait to see them in the General Booths!

SkySong

Laney - So I'm not the only one thinking that. :)

Definitely very pretty, I'd love to stalk.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Keilin Alyr

Laney/Sky: Heh, glad I wasn't the only one to think so. XD

They're really beautiful though, I really hope to see them adopted out soon. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Wildfilly94

Ambient

There will (hopefully) eventually be more species commissioned from the artist (known as Aqua or Chaoswolf) to fill out the four domains. Wolves were the start because the artist is very comfortable with them.  ;)

xenon has been commissioned to make some standard markings for each of the templates. Once those are done, the shop will officially open in generals. I hope everyone looks forward to it!

Luv007

Winged

I'm definately looking forward to it!
Owner of Gliders!

Ambient

More information for Ambient Stalkers:

Packs-

The Ambient wolves often group into packs of anywhere from 5-10 wolves (Tundra and Plains Wolves tend to have larger packs, whereas Forest and Desert Wolves benefit from smaller packs). The members are free to leave as they please and join other packs.

Benefits of being in an Established Pack:
---You are guarenteed at least 2 offspring from a breeding within the same Pack (with a rare maximum of 5) [no pack would be 1 guarenteed offpsring, with a max of 3]
---Earning "edits" to your Wolf (once a Pack has decided on a "Pack Item" all Wolves will have the choice to "equip" it) [note: if you leave the Pack, the item will be removed]. (Edits are rare outside of Pack items)

Disadvantage of being in an Established Pack:
Packs may only have wolves of the same domain(Primary), or one more domain(Secondary). For example, a Forest Wolf Pack may also include Tundra Wolves, but not Desert or Plains. Once Tundra has been decided as the "Secondary" domain of an Established Pack, even should all Tundra wolves leave the Pack, it will still be commited to only allowing Forest and Tundra Wolves.

It is also uncommon (though not unheard of), for a Pack's Secondary to be in the opposing domain (North Tundra<->South Desert | East Forest<->West Plains), since the Pack will likely have to be at the Center for wolves to meet. More often, Secondary domains are from those touching the Primary Domain (such as North and East, or North and West).

--------------------------

Colors:
The Ambient Wolves tend to have colors beffiting their domain, and it's only through breeding with wolves from other domains that they attain colorations that are unnatural for their domain.

Tundra Wolves - Bright, Light, and Cool colors. Generally range from aqua to purple, with Blue hues being most common. Green is a rare color for a Tundra Wolf. Markings tend to also be light and cool colored, with rare black and very dark markings.

Plains Wolves - Neutral, Warm, and slightly Cool colors. Generally range from brownish red to greenish yellow. Plains wolves are not overly bright, but not overly dull in their colorations. They tend to be very earth toned, with russet reds, light and dark browns, and an assortment of yellowed colors. Gold, Green, and True Red are rare in Plains Wolves.

Desert Wolves - Light, Dark, very Desaturated colors. Generally range from red to yellow, and all shades of gray. Purple is a rare color for a Desert Wolf. Sandy colors are the most common, and most markings tend to be very dark. Brightly saturated colors are only obtainable from breeding.

Forest Wolves - Very Bright, Natural colors generally ranging in the yellows, browns, and greens, with rare blues and reds. The flowers and feathers of forest wolves range in all colors.

-------------------------

Items and Customs
Items given and sold by Ambient are the Tundra Crystal, Plains Rock, Desert Sand, and Forest Stone, along with the rare Regal Orb. By collecting these, you can turn them in for varying levels of customs, influence breedings, or use as chance items (more details to come)

(please forgive any spelling errors)
Although this adoptable won't be hard genetics, the natural colors of each domain will be followed for event prizes and customs. Only breeding will result in unnatural colors for the domains. The wolves in the top banner exemplify domain standards.

Also, there will be unique markings in addition to templated ones, they will just be rarer.

Luv007

I can't wait to stalk!  I love the detail that you are putting in and I will attempt to commit to memory all of the information!!  *luvs my photographic memory*

Winged

This info is making the adoptable look even better! I love the idea of breeding rare colours into different breeds :)
Owner of Gliders!

Ambient

As a thank you to those who have posted interest thus far, I have generated a free item for each of you, which will be logged into a global inventory once the adoptable is live.

red_uni387 - Forest Stone

Winged dreams - Desert Sand

luv007 - Plains Rock

Ryuukokoro - Tundra Crystal

Pinkshadow - Desert Sand

Rosewood - Forest Stone

YourLoveOnly - Desert Sand

sera - Tundra Crystal

Neocridders - Plains Rock

Wildfilly94 - Tundra Crystal

Solistia - Tundra Crystal

jojo080889 - Plains Rock

LaneyAngel - Plains Rock

JellyThunda - Forest Stone

SkySong - Desert Sand

Keilin Alyr- Forest Stone

SkySong

Ooh, awesome! Thank you very much, Ambient! These look like they'll be amazing!
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Winged

Thanks Ambient, can't wait to see what these items do!
Owner of Gliders!

Luv007

red_uni387

Ryuukokoro

CrystalAngelNeko

wah! cant wait for these to go live <3

EvanescentHowling

I am totally stalking these <3 :D

Victoria

Wow those are so cute! And they have amazing shading  :o

jojo

Aralie