News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Quin Projects, Where should I start?

Started by Bunraku, December 02, 2012, 06:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunraku

So! This season, thank you to the kindness of Wild, YLO, and PM (If I have forgotten anyone, bonk me on the head please! ><) I have my first Quin! Two lovely mares, a blanket appy mini, and a black Arab who is yet to be born.

Now normally, I'd just be all pretty x pretty= pretty Yay 8D But, since I see there is much excitement from everyone who has projects, I'm wondering if and how I should start my own with these two mares. I love unique, striking markings in horses and adoptables in general, and am very much in love with black and white. I don't want to start anything too complex or involved, but what do you think I should aim for based on what I have already?

Thanks everyone! ^^

ETA: My lovely mare Misaki:

Wildfilly94

I'm sorry my girl didn't get ya appy. Boo on her plainess. XD

You could try for just black with roan or white modifiers?

Bunraku

Tsk, I love her all the same Wild <3 She looks like her momma, which is what I was after if she didn't throw me appy, so its all good <3

What will black with roan get me? ^^

Wildfilly94

Bunraku

Definitely want to aim for a blue roan then <3 I love them so

Wildfilly94

:D Yeay!
I have a black roan stud you could use
(Black and blue roan are the same, in quinsta terms)

Bunraku

I'd love to borrow him for a breeding if I may ^^

SkySong

You can also try with getting markings into different breeds. Frisian is popular because all markings and colors other than black have been bred into the breed. You can try breeding a white Frisian for example, or try for tobiano, overo, appaloosa, or whatever really. Not sure if you've come across it or not, but here's the link to the genetics the quin use.

http://stable.lasolistia.com/genetics.html
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Wildfilly94