News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{Garden Noms} River needs help!

Started by Riverwind, September 21, 2013, 12:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverwind

It will be quite a while until my turn, but I want to choose which Noms I will breed beforehand. So...does anyone have a male Nom I can use with my girl? Or any tips or anything? XD This will be my first time *I think* ever to breed Noms. Here's my girl I will use (the only Nom I have):

Sugar Dream -

TheLeet

So far it's been taking me a seriously long time to get through the list (much longer than with Feli) so there's really no rush in deciding on a pair.
I've got a few tips for you anyway. ;)
I'd go for a male that has plenty of white on him (and maybe even an extra coat colour) to get a good amount of variety for the Nomlets. Ultimately I think colour is more important than fancy patterns, though. While mixing brown and grey can sometimes have pretty results, I think they often end up a bit murky looking so I'd go for a light grey or maybe black male. Maybe with blue, purple or pinkish wings.

I think my boy Julius would go well and you could use him for free but he's not very fancy and maybe a bit too close to your girl colours-wise so I'm sure there are more interesting options. :)

But really the best tip I can give you is to ask YLO. She loves planning Nom breedings and has a talent for picking out beautiful pairings. :D

Rosewood

I have this Night Nom boy and regular Nom that you could use....

I wouldn't mind a nomlet in return, but it is not necessary. ^_^

EDIT: On second thought, you may not want to use my night nom, as he is related to your girl. XD

YourLoveOnly

*hops in* I do very much love matchmaking, so I am very happy to help :D And aww, TheLeet's compliment makes me blush!

The very first thing I will suggest is: Borrow a pair. You only have a single Nom right now. If you borrow a pair the Nomlets will be unrelated to your girl, so next time you'll have a pair of your own to breed! That's nice, because then you can keep all the babies yourself or trade them for new blood! :D If you only borrow a single Nom all babies will be related to your girl and next time you'll have no choice but to borrow another (or heavily inbreed).

If you are interested in borrowing a pair you should do so from one person, to avoid having to pay 2 Nomlets as a fee. Most people request one Nomlet, no matter if you borrow a single or a pair so that's what I would do. I have a ton available here if you're interested: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=9380.0

If you do prefer to just find a boy for your girl I can do that too!

Either way, to help suggest pairings it would help to know what you like. Any specific colors on body and/or wings you like/dislike? Any specific wishes, like a Flight Nom baby for example or a big want for spotty patterns etc? It helps to know what you're looking for when I have this many Noms to work with XD Or you can point out some you like and ask for potential matches, that works too :)

Riverwind

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on September 22, 2013, 04:41:02 AM
The very first thing I will suggest is: Borrow a pair. You only have a single Nom right now. If you borrow a pair the Nomlets will be unrelated to your girl, so next time you'll have a pair of your own to breed! That's nice, because then you can keep all the babies yourself or trade them for new blood! :D If you only borrow a single Nom all babies will be related to your girl and next time you'll have no choice but to borrow another (or heavily inbreed).

Oh, I can't believe I didn't think of that! Normally I would realize something like that...Well, here are some of my favorites from your bunch, in the order that I like them. :)

Males:
Primo - I absolutely LOVE those spots, and those wings are gorgeous. I had to choose him as my favorite because he looks awesome with my favorite color (yellow). He's way better than all your other males, honestly. ;)
Pumpkin - This boy was chosen as second because of his spots. His wings are nice, too, but mostly it's his spots.
Ricky - I like that his spots stand out, and the wings remind me of cotton candy.
Jafar - This one almost tied with Ricky, but in the end I decided that his wings gave him away to 4th. I like the colors of his spots, but they don't stand out against his body color as much as Ricky's.
Magic - Honestly, I LOVE this boy, except for the color around his eye and on his belly. His wings are amazing, and I really like his colors.
Vans - I think the best thing about this one is his wings, but his coat colors are nice, too. I just think that it would be better if the dark grey was either a little darker or maybe black.
Lookky - Black and white always go great together. I'm not really very fond of the wings, though.

Females:
Orchid - This girlie got 1st because I love her coat. And I usually don't like pink, but I like her wings, as well.
Abina - I had trouble with this girl...I was going to put her as first but in the end I liked Orchid's spots better. I love this girl though, and it was a close call.
Mikki - I had trouble with this girl, too. Her wings are AMAZING! But I prefer Abina's coat over this girl's. If Abina had had this girl's wings, she would have been 1st place for sure.
Nenja - I love this girl's coat, but her wings kept pushing her farther and farther down the list. So that's how she ended up as 4th.
Starlight - As I said before, black and white always go great together...and this girl's wings are stunning, too. But I think I prefer browns over black and white...
Tamika - I liked the simplicity of this one, but it was her wings that put her in 6th place.
Lidia - I like this girl's spots, but there was something about the wings...I'm not sure what it was, though...

Wildfilly94

Mine is available.. I know hes not super interesting, but if your interested that works. I'd want one nomlet as a fee, since I just have my boy

YourLoveOnly

Alrighty, based off your list I will suggest the following 3 pairings for you to select from.. And if they don't appeal to you let me know and I'll retry XD

1. Primo & Abina
Well you said this boy is by FAR your favorite, so a match for him was the first thing I looked at! This pairing is kinda a safe bet. Their wing colors are both yellowy and their body colors are kinda similair too (one creamy orange color and one brown color and white), so colorwise you should get something you absolutely love, but maybe not as much variety. However, their body patterns are very different so the babies should still look nothing alike even if they share a color palette!

2. Primo & Mikki
Well you said this boy is by FAR your favorite, so a match for him was the first thing I looked at! Using Mikki will give you very good odds of getting creamy/yellowy body colors and you said yellow was your favorite color so this seems like a good thing :D You also mentioned loving both of their wings a lot and I expect this pairing would give you wing colors in several shades of brown/cream/yellow, so a pretty good combo I'd say! It gives more variety than the previous option, but the color outcome is a bit more of a gamble.

3. Pumpkin & Orchid
All the spots!! Really, that was my first thought XD You'd defenitely get babies that will all have some form of spots! I noticed you love spots, so that seems excellent. The body colors would range from orange to light brown to warm brown to darker brown so enough variety, and there are hardly any orange Noms out there so if his colors appeal to you it's a good choice! You could get lovely earth tone wings, which I gather you like since you picked Pumpkin, Abina and Mikki who all have natural colored wings, but you also get a chance of muted pinks and purples for a slight fantasy touch to all the browns. As you can see on Orchid, those fantasy colors work quite well with shades of brown!

Let me know which pairing, if any, strikes your fancy or if you'd like me to suggest other options :)

Riverwind

Well...this was a really hard choice, but I decided I like the first pairing better. Primo and Abina it is! (f they are both still available.) :D Thanks for all your help, YLO...you're so amazing at this! *Squishes*

YourLoveOnly