News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gene Pool- Aquariums!

Started by Gene Pool, February 20, 2010, 03:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene Pool

Aquariums have arrived, with all thier decorative splendor.

Aquariums can be used for contesting, or just a pretty way of displaying your fish. Fish are reduced in size to 25%. 1 aquarium can hold a max of 7 fish.

Initial setup is free. Any changes after that will have a fee due to the work involved (changes include items, fish, colors, ect). Aquariums can be traded as long as they don't have any fish in them. If you trade an aquarium that contains decorative items, you must either pay to remove those items, or they go with the aquarium. Fish in an aquarium *cannot be traded* until they are removed!

Contesting with Aquariums-
An aquarium must have at least 1 fish to participate in a competition. There are 3 types of competitions. The first 2, quality and science, are randomly determined. The 3rd, beauty, has both random and human elements to the judging. I have people who don't play here on secundi that are judges, assisting random.org in determining winners. Most of the items are beauty items, and do not effect the other 2 contests.

I havent decided what a fair price for entry fee should be, but prize moneys come from entry fees. Openions?

Click here for aquarium folder!
This is DizzyFishClick DizzyFish for website!

Gene Pool

setup form- hexes are encourged!- leave blank anything you wish. If you don't own the item and are not placing an order for an item in this thread, filling out a color for an item will not automaticly get you that item. (example, saying red gravel when you dont own gravel be ignored) air filter is always black, thermometer is always rainbow.

Each location marked on the location map can hold up to 2 items. So, deco location 1 can hold a plant and a bridge rock, fish location 3 can hold 2 fish, its up to you.

border color:
wallpaper:
gravel color:
items to include, and color, and location for each:
id of up to 7 fish to include, and location for each:

Gene Pool

Basics
Aquariums- base value, 100K, unlimited availablility
Aquarium water filter- base value, 10K, unlimited availability- +1 quality
Aquarium Thermometer-- base value, 10K, unlimited availability +1 science
Aquarium gravel- base value, 10K, unlimited availability- +1 beauty
Deco
Aquarium small rock- base value, 25K, unlimited availability
Aquarium "bridge" rock- base value, 25K, unlimited availability
Aquarium 2 blade plant- base value, 25K, unlimited availability
wallpapers
Aquarium basic wallpaper- base value, 10K, unlimited availablility (anything in the aquarium folder right now is a basic wallpaper, please be sure to include the number in your order form!)
Aquarium special wallpapers-- base value, 50K, limited availability (currently available- 0)
Aquarium custom or self designed wallpapers- base value, 250K, very limited availability (currently available- 0)

other items may come available in the future.

Purchasing is now open. Please post the following form, adding items as needed. SG goes to this account.

Item:
amount:
Cost:
item 2:
amount:
cost:
total:

Gene Pool

Yruvian:

Gene Pool

contests will go here once people get ready

you may post now :)

Neocridders

:) Aquariums are a good idea. I just can't afford them.
But I might come up with money some day to get one.
:)

Yruvian

Item: Aquarium
amount: 1
Cost: 100K
item 2: Aquarium water filter
cost: 10K
item 3:Aquarium Thermometer
cost:10K
item 4: Aquarium Gravel
cost:10K
item 5: Aquarium "bridge" rock
cost: 25K
item 6: Aquarium small rock
cost: 25K
item 7: Aquarium 2 blade plant
amount: 6
cost: 150K
item 8: Wallpaper 5
cost: 10K
total: 340K if I calculated correctly.

border color: black
wallpaper: 5
gravel color: red
items to include, and color, and location for each: Aquarium water filter, Aquarium Thermometer, Aquarium Gravel (red), Aquarium "bridge" rock (white, location: 3), Aquarium small rock (#C0C0C0, location: 4), Aquarium 2 blade plant (green, location: 1), Aquarium 2 blade plant (green, location: 3), Aquarium 2 blade plant (green, location: 5), Aquarium 2 blade plant (dark gray, location: 1), Aquarium 2 blade plant (light gray, location: 5), Aquarium 2 blade plant (light red, location: 2)
id of up to 7 fish to include, and location for each: 122 (7), 03 (10), 124 (4)

Silvanon

*raises hand*  Question - I just want to make sure - if we put a fish into an aquarium, does the fish still appear individually in our gallery folder?

indigowulf

yes they will still appear in gallery, so you can still see thier genetic code- they can also breed. they just wont be tradable while in an aquarium.

Gene Pool

our first finished aquarium in pickups!
Please let me know if anything isn't right, Yruvian.