News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

broke a million

Started by indigowulf, November 06, 2009, 03:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

Yay, broke 1 mil SG today. now I need something to spend it on lol. How's everyone else's funds coming along?

YourLoveOnly

I had more fun trading for pretty adoptables than using my items to compete xD
So I have about 120K SG (I just sold an item for 100K).

Kadana Sorano

Got a couple hundred k's to go before I hit a mill.  I admit, its much nicer earning sg's then pg's.  I can;t be assed competing for pg and bp.. but then, I cant mess enter my ponies a week in advance without killing them either lol V&Z could sure take some clues form other sites rofl
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Lady Everlasting

I am still very terribly poor haha but I'm getting somewhere slowly and surely.
~Lady Everlasting

SplitX

>>; I have about 20k, all gained in a trade from Red_Uni. How is everyone getting so flippin' rich? XD I want tips! I want SG! Haha.

Luv007

Lol.  Same here.  I have 5k and I spend like nothing and collect SG daily and knock on the door.

Kadana Sorano

from competing.  top 3 placers get an sg reward in all the hourly comps.  There are a few of us whose pets have been dominating certain comps.  Indigo and me are two for instance.. we get a lot of sg from those.  all it takes is a couple pets really, placing well.  Most of my SG's came form two pets.  My Allure in presence, and my Cherie in will.  The others don't do so great.   It will be hard I think, until Silvanon gets the cops split up by level, so the lower levels will have a chance at the sg prizes too.  She's said there aren't enough pets competing to split it atm though (which is one of the reasons I started competing all of my critters instead of a select few)  Indigo is the other reason heh  That's right, I blame her!

Ahem anyway, I dunno how many need to be competing before the comps get split by level.  But I do know some comps have less then a dozen competitors in each class atm :S

SplitX

>> -goes to go compete- XD

indigowulf

*nod* I have every single one of my pets competing in the class that is thier strong suit every single hour. And I make sure at least once a day to deploy thier levels. Only one of mine even has an item equipped.

Luv007

Gotcha.  I don't have a secundi pet yet...  That might perhaps be the problem.

hiyoko

I've broke 200k and it's mainly thanks to my English Setter Hanae. ;D She places a lot in Agility, though mainly 3rd but that's still fine with me. ;)

PonyMama

congrats

I hope there will be more comps soon as it is hard to get sg unless you have one of the power critters but unless someone is willing to leave their dog out of some comps to allow others a chance to win we are out of luck.  I am just sitting at over 10k, barely, and that is mostly from the colliseum pets

Silvanon

Even when I break up competitions into smaller classes, the comps can't and won't be a major source of income for the majority of players.  I may need to adjust the comp prizes so they're less, since the same few people keep winning them. 

I'm working on adding in more Coliseum Gladiators at higher levels so it's possible to win more SG per Coliseum play.  True you'll have to work up your pets to levels where they can beat the Gladiators, but that's be perfectly possible even for newly starting out pets, regardless of who wins competitions. 

I'll also be adding in more games as soon as I'm able, so there's even more ways to earn SG.

sera

Maybe it would be better/more fair to limit the number of competitions you can enter per day?  *shrugs* xD  Not that i'm actually a big fan of that idea, even though i don't have any of the power critters. xD;

Silvanon

Mm, at first glance it sounds like a good idea for helping people win more SG, but... If I do that, then pets won't be able to gain as much experience each day, so they'll level slower, and they won't be able to win against the higher Gladiators while they're waiting for those levels, which means the average contester would have a lower SG yield for their contesting efforts.   Meanwhile the super pets would still be winning against the highest Gladiators.... I think the income gap would widen.   

Allow me to reitterate, contest prizes can't and won't ever be a major source of income for the majority of players.  Unless I make it so every last entry gets back tons of SG just for entering...that really really would make it so there's no reason to put any effort into leveling up your pet or getting them good items, and where's the fun in that?

indigowulf

PonyMama

don't feel bad, that is a great achievement.

Silvanon

I don't think you need to feel bad for playing the game, nor for the results of having played.  (And at least part of your success can be attributed to having put in more time and effort to play than some other people.)  We just need some other options to help balance things a bit more for other people.  I'm thinking it over and working on it.  Suggestions are welcome, though I'll be doing my best to carefully consider all implications of a solution before implimenting it, so please do be prepared for me to poke at it.

Two possible solutions I'm mulling over would be either to lower the SG prize for winning the comp, or to up the daily salary somewhat.   Although, no matter what I do there were always be pets more likely to win comps (otherwise what's the point of stats?), and people will probably always want to complain about that.  I think that's going to hold true even when we get to the point that I divide the comps into level classes.  No solutions for that have presented themselves to me yet.

PonyMama

I think that maybe when it comes to battling they shoudl no be able to attack another animal that is not within 10-20 points of their own level that is a good idea.  I just don't think it is right to have a 100+ animal picking on a 10- animal.

Do you know what I am getting my sg in other ways, not very quickly but I am doing it.  Enough that I have not dropped beliw 10k after signing critters up for comps.

Midnight Phantom

hm ponymama in many cases at the moment a higher level pet fighting a much lower level pet gains more exp lol not all the time though but what I  have seen, same for a lower pet fighting and winning against a higher pet, at least from what I have seen.

At the moment I don't think lowering SG wins will affect the people who have been hm monopolizing the competitions, since there is nothing to spend sg with out yet, everyone is hoarding.. it might just have an opposite effect and have them try to get 2nd and 3rd or go for 1st in other competitions if they really want ::shrugs::  I think maybe tweaking competitions is good after there are more games out or at least until competitions isn't the main form of sg gaining.

I still think there should be a stat/level cap, once that is reached another pet can be worked on to be raised to similar levels giving other people the chance to eventually reach the cups. Splits are good as well  but as you mentioned there are not to many in the same range yet.  i'm going off experience with another game who did not have a level cap.. the top 10 were in their 50,000 level(from people having playing from the start)) and you just start out with a level 1, a bit daunting even to bother trying for the top then((leveling wasn't that quick lol )) ::shrugs:

PonyMama

i find battling a higher pet gives me mroe experience, but maybe that is the pet I am battling.

For example I battled 4 pets right now
one was level 15 and I gained 18 exp
one was level 12 I gained 19 exp
one was level 104 I gained 34 exp
another One was level 104 I gained 33 exp

My critter is level 101.  I have enver recieved more for battling the weaker critters, it seems the more the animal has trained the more experience it gives, as it is tougher.

Kadana Sorano

Quote from: PonyMama on November 09, 2009, 05:53:59 AMMy critter is level 101.  I have enver recieved more for battling the weaker critters, it seems the more the animal has trained the more experience it gives, as it is tougher.

I'm not sure it matters on the pets level, I've had mixed results.  Battled a just turned level 10 pet, and got more xp then I did battling a higher level pet.  but then, I;ve gotten more xp battling higher ones then some lower ones as well.  It's all very confusing and mysterious!  Someone hypothisized that the xp we earn is based on how much hp we have left after the battle ends.  I dunno, never checked that one out.  I've not been battling much these past few days honestly.

Mostly cause I felt bad for always picking on the same pets over and over, and am too darn lazy to go hunting for new ones.  I just go to my past battles history and battle the same pet.  So yea, started feeling guilty and just stopped battling all together.

I don't do colisium battles either.  I'd much rather earn xp from battling then SG.  So I just stopped battling lol  Even though yes, I realise it does no harm/gives no bad negatives or what not to the pet I battle.  They may not lose xp I mean, but then their battle loss counts do rise, and I imagine that can;t be so nice for the owners to see so.. *shrug*

--------------------

As to the sg earned from competitions.  I don't "personally" think it needs lowered.  Lowering it as said before won't fix things for the people whose animals aren't placing in the top three.  I will be honest, the competitions here, vs on PI, are far superb.  I rarely (like once every 6 month or so) compete on PI.  But on here I try to make sure to always compete.  A couple reasons for that...

1. The comps aren't user created, so the pay out is "set in stone".  In other words, I know what I will get if I place in the top 3, and know that it is indeed worth my while to enter my pets.

2. Entering comps is not a money drain.  Even if only one of my pets place in the top 3, it covers the cost of ALL of my pets entrance fee's.  That's a very nice thing, and a very large incentive for me to take the time to enter all my 39 pets.  I can enter them all, at a cost of.. 195 sg?  And even if I only have ONE pet place in the top three, and that pet places 3rd.. I get my entrance fee back.. plus a little extra.  Where as on PI, even if I have a pony place in the top listings, the payout is negligible at best.  And certainly doesn't cover the entrance fee of all my other ponies.  In the end its a huge money drain, just throwing it away.  I really REALLY don't like that.  And thus, I rarely do anything with my ponies, and am there mainly for adopties and friends.  So while I know comps aren't meant to be the main way to earn sg, I do think the prizes need left alone.  Even if there are a million other ways to earn sg implemented, I;d still want comps to, at the least, "pay for themselves".  Meaning, I'd like to continue getting my entrance fee back, form the placings my animals make.  Otherwise, it just isn't worth it to take the time to enter them all.

3. I just wanted to say here, that I DO like the idea that competing won't be the main source of income on Secundi.  Not everyone has the pets to compete (or the inclination to compete them).  And I think it's very nice that there are other methods of gaining an income available.  And the fact that you guys plan to have even more, is wonderful.  I myself, am looking forward eagerly to see what new games etc you  come out with.

And, on a final note.. I'm sorry if anything I said comes off wrong, or is hard to follow/understand.  I'm not too "awake" atm, and having trouble concentrating on getting my thoughts out.

Basically, I love Secundi, and I love comps, I love the pay outs etc.  The only thing I can think of (competition wise) that needs "fixed" is the level difference of competing pets all being lumped together.  But I understand as well, that there aren't enough competing etc atm, for a division to be hmm viable?  I think that's the word I want.. Anyway, so I know that needs must wait a bit, and understand that.  but other then that, I think comps are fine. 

Ok, I need coffee, so I'll shush now.

Midnight Phantom

i've had mixed result as well ::nods :: such as my level 184 fighting level 70 pets or level 12 pets and gaining 27-30 exp each time, depending on the pet, while other times they gain only 8 exp with a pet closer to their level.  I also had my level 61 fighting and winning against a level 90(while losing hp) and getting 30 exp each time as well.  I also know a level 12 beat my  level 184 twice some levels back XD so really hard to see a pattern at the moment.

indigowulf

Got me a wobble :) gonna see how long, without items, it takes for her to win her first placing in a competition.

Also, was thinking, if higher levels took more xp to reach the next level, lower levels could catch up ? just a thought. making each new level harder then the last to achieve would keep dogs like mine from pulling so far ahead nobody can catch up.

Silvanon

Well, each new level does take more XP to reach.  It's not an exponential formula, though - that quickly makes new levels nearly impossible to reach - it's a slower incline.

Math

I have 5k. XD How did you get 1 million SG?  :o

- Math

indigowulf

Winning competitions and faithfully using all the options as they come up when Im awake. Ive gotten 3 items from the council door now, and from the sounds of it, those are selling well.

Doesnt hurt that I signed up on the site early :)

indigowulf

well, now nobody has a reason to be under 100K. sell your wobble. I seem to have set the pricing standard for them, theres now multiple threads offering 100K per wobble. I offered to pay that much to help spread the wealth. Others have followed suit.

No complaining about not having your first 100K now lol, cuz if you dont now, its by choice :P

indigowulf

ok for the record, my wobble currently has 3 items on her. Im going to take them off now and see how long it takes her to win without one (she has won a few contests since I put them on her yesterday) so thats how long it takes for a fresh critter to start winning, with 3 items. Ill update again when she wins with no items.
http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=497

November 26, 2009 12:00
Main stat: Agility
Sub stats: Strength, Intelligence
19 Entries

won 3rd- no items!

so, thats how long it takes a brand new pet to have a chance in competitions.

indigowulf

very next day, no items, and he takes 2nd. sooo.. a fresh pet, with proper training from a dedicated owner, can start bringing home prize money in as little as 20 days, with NO items equipped.

Garney

Awesome, thank you for doing some dedicated testing to our comps =D

I tried to be all competition oriented, but I just couldn't do it, I have the memory of a goldfish... ooh fish *wanders off*

... see?

indigowulf

Since then Ive had several pets who have *never* had items equipped win at least a bronze cup. So Im not over-worried about power-pets dominating the winnings, since my own fresh pets beat my "power" pets that have trained since the start. It just takes dedicated training.

SweetCaroline

Congrats on making a million indigo. I'm pushing for 2 million.
~SC~

indigowulf

(doesnt want to say how much SG she actually has now.... )

Garney

I'm nearing a million, slowly ^^;