Wow. I never thought that the types of dreaming could be so interesting!

Started by Math, November 22, 2009, 06:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Math

So, I've had the same topic for a dream for the past few nights... in both dreams, I had some rats. I certainly didn't want to wake up, because I knew that it was just a dream.

When I woke up, I looked up "what does it mean when you have the same dream consecutively?" and "lucid dreaming" popped up on one of the sites. I clicked the link, and I learned that lucid dreaming is when you are aware that you are dreaming and have partial control of your dreams.

It says it is a skill that you can practice, and I think I'm pretty good at it already... because I often realize I'm in a dream while I'm still dreaming and sometimes I have partial control of what I do in the dreams; I can make myself wake up if I want to. :)

I think I'm going to practice that skill tonight.

Also, did you know that there is a "spinning" technique? If you focus while dreaming, and your dream starts to face. Try to "spin" and it may start up again.

I just thought that was an interesting topic, and wanted to share. I think I may do my speech on it this year. :)

bewilderness

I love lucid dreams!  I've done the spinning technique before and it works...but you have to be careful because you can get sucked back into the dream and lose lucidity.  Looking at your hands also works to keep the dream going.

My favorite site on it is at http://www.ld4all.com/

I'm surprised more people don't know about and try lucid dreaming...it's so much fun.

Math

I've had dozens of "partial" lucid dreams. I can't really control anything... though I have made myself fly in my dreams when something... my worst nightmare, was coming after me... haha, I could barely get myself into the air on time. Though, I have mastered the waking up at any time and knowing you're in dream part.

I'll try to have a very lucid dream tonight.

indigowulf

I like to "program" my dreams before I go to sleep. Usually it works. Ill concentrate real hard on something I want to dream about, and I will. Or Ill think about a dream I had in the past, and Ill pick up where it left off when I fall asleep. I have a lot of dreams that are like being in another world, and they have ongoing storylines, like if you put down a book in the middle of reading it. Often, upon waking, I struggle desperately to stay asleep because I dont know how long it will be before my mind "picks up that book" again.