News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Blue October (and other music)

Started by YourLoveOnly, November 22, 2009, 09:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourLoveOnly

Because I don't want to keep talking about Blue on someone else's thread..
Let's talk about music here!

I listen to a LOT. But my main love is Blue October.
I've only seen them live 5 times so far, but that's because I was too young to go to concerts when they were in Europe previously.
So this year I've seen them 5 times: Amsterdam (Netherlands), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Breda (Netherlands), Cologne (Germany) and London (UK).
They are what keep me alive when my world falls apart again (which has happened a few times, but I'm not gonna rant about my real life right now ^^) and I'm thankful for that.
I have "I saw forever in my never" tattooed on my wrist, it is from their song My Never.
It's a tribute to the band, a reminder of all that I've been through and something that gives me strength and helps me carry on =]
I can go on for hours explaining what they mean to me..

I actually got to know the band after shows. They are amazing. I adore them all.
We hang out whenever they have a chance and grab some beers at a local pub ^^
I have many amazing memories related to that.
Like at the UK show, I was one of the first people to enter the venue and Ryan was walking around.
When he spotted me standing on the left, he came over and dragged me over to the right side of the stage, where we was gonna be standing. He said he demanded I would stand in front of him  :D
A lot of the fans were staring at me like this.. :o which I thought was funny ^^
They always hang out after shows, talking to fans, signing stuff and taking pictures.
Though Justin usually takes off really soon.. Kinda makes sense, a lot of fans seem to be only (or at least far more) interested in him.
I was lucky to befriend a girl that knows Justin in real life (she lived in Houston, TX then moved to London, she moved back again a couple of weeks ago) and that's how I got lucky enough to hang out with him every once in a while, something not many fans can do.

Anyone else knows them? They are a lot less well-known in Europe than they are in the USA.

indigowulf

hehe Ive never been lucky enough to hang out with any of my favorite internationally-known bands, but I know a lot of the local ones. And I know a guy that can sing "hate me today" dead on at karaoke. Does that count? lol

YourLoveOnly

Hate Me is their most well-known song I think..
And I can still barely believe I got lucky enough.
I do hang out for a while after concerts so I often get to meet band members, but never in a way I got to know Blue.

indigowulf

Oh! I do have a story though! I was up front at an Anthrax concert, and Joey Belladonna was shakin this water bottle, to splash the crowd. It slipped from his hands and hit me. He actually stopped playing, got down on his knees on the stage, and reached out to me, and asked me if I was ok. He looked horrified lol.

Funny thing is, if I were a jerk, I coulda got free tickets for life lol. But I told him I was fine, and kept dancing :)

bewilderness

I like their song Into the Ocean (End It All) -- think that's what it's called.

YourLoveOnly

Into The Ocean is indeed one of their songs, from the album Foiled (2006). The same album Hate Me is on.

These are three of the songs my friend Ruud filmed during the London show:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ruudofzo&search_type=&aq=f
18th Floor Balcony is also from the album Foiled.

Note: The End is a song that is defenitely not appropriate for all ages.