News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Christmas Wishes & Memories? :D

Started by Pinkshadow, December 23, 2009, 05:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinkshadow

Hey , i didnt see anyone talking about christmas and as it is Christmas now i thought i would start a chat about presents and memories :D

For this year i didnt really wish myself anything that fancy
My Wishlist :
- A Build a Bear
- Cloth
- A Bracelet or Necklace
- Usefull stuff for my apartment

In the end i think its the thought their counts ;)

But .. - What did you wish for this christmas & What is the most happy memorie you have of a christmas?

My most happy christmas was the one where i got my Shetland Sheepdog puppy , and i named him Mickey , but he is dead today, it's gonna be my first christmas in 7 or 8 years without him ;)

PonyMama

I had no xmas wishes this year, as I have a new baby and themn my older daughter is almost 8.  Everybody sticks to buying them things and that to me is great.

My mother in law is paying for a family trip (and by family I mean myself, my hubby and two girls) to either Vegas in March or Disneyland in Sept/Oct, and when I say paying I mean 4 passports, airfair, hotel and food.  I find this awesoem and will take it as a present for years and years to come as I have never needed a passport ever before in my life, and I wanna go to disneyland.

My mother on the other hand used what she woudl have spent on us to adopt a family,  Her and her hubby spent money int he name of our entire family to buy presents and food for a family that woudln't have had a xmas without help.  So a single mother and her two boys got meals for the full day of xmas (and more because my mom and her hubby wanted to make sure they had lots of food) and many presents for a 7 year old boy and an 8 year old boy.

So for xmas I am more then thrilled and my daughters got clothing, and a few toys and Santa has spoiled them rotten, and we have great memories of another great holiday.

Garney

I just wish my daughter would listen and my son would stop asking for things I can't possibly afford... hell, I couldn't even afford a stocking stuffer for them this year.

Pinkshadow

Ponymama - That is awsome , what is the name of your baby? :D

Garney - Im really sorry to hear .

JBGarrison72

When I was little, my most prized gift was a box of toothpicks.  My dad showed me to paint colored stripes on them as if they were soldiers with uniforms and ranks, and then we lined the toothpicks up in long lines in the dirt and gave groups of them designations as companies, battalions and regiments.  We made paper flags which we made for each battalion's "flag bearer," stapling a flag to a toothpick.

Each of my friends in the neighborhood also made toothpick armies, and we had massive battles in my dad's backyard.  My friends and I cherished these memories for years later.  No other gift from a dad to a son could possibly come close to replacing that legacy for me.

Tooth picks combat involved movement and attack.  The game would proceed in turns.  One player could move each of his/her (we had girls playing, lol) toothpicks as far as the distance of the end of your thumb to the end of your pinky (some people could stretch their hands farther than others).  Once you'd moved all of your toothpicks, any toothpick you had within an inch of an opposing players toothpick allowed an attack "flick."  The defender holds the toothpick, the attacker "flicks" it.  If it breaks it is a casulty, if it cracks it is only wounded and still in action.  Sometimes the flickings got heated as people missed the toothpicks and hit fingers lol.  Still, no real harm was ever caused and we had years of fun with it as kids.
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison