News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Quin Brags: First Silver Dapple Clydesdale!

Started by Keilin Alyr, July 26, 2010, 09:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keilin Alyr

As stated in the thread title, the Clydesdale breed has its first visible silver dapple! His father Rising Sun is a definite carrier of the gene, though who knows what other chestnuts may be hiding. =)

This is Chanda, my silver dapple bay:

Silver Dapple Bay, front right Sock, front left Stocking, back right Stocking, back left Sock, Stripe (Calm and sweet, a mover)

Yes, he looks to be a flaxen chestnut. I assure you, he's all silver and proud of it! And much thanks to Rosewood for allowing Rising Sun to be bred. =)

Also, his very lovely mother Morcha'tupten, since I inadvertently forgot to post a brag thread for her last month:

Bay, front right Stocking, front left Stocking, back right Stocking, back left Stocking, Blaze (Calm and sweet, a mover)

Not to be outdone by her Clydesdale stable partners though, here is Yen'mira, my beautiful flaxen red dun Vanner girl:

Flaxen Red Dun, front left Coronet, back right Sock, back left Fetlock, Snip (Prone to shying and nervousness, not a mover)

Her parents are Delilah and Astris, so I have CutieePiee and Ryuu to thank for this lovely chestnut lady. So many hidden surprises on both of her parents. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Ryuukokoro

eeee congrats on all the lovelies! *scritches Astris' girl behind the ears and sneaks her an apple*

springacres

Wow, congrats on all the lovelies!  I may have to line up a breed with your clyde boy next month lol :)  And Astris sure throws his share of flaxen red duns!  *pets Shexlin's half sister*

Keilin Alyr

Thanks, you guys. =D

Looks like Astris loves his chestnut kids, I just find it amazing at how often he draws out the hidden flaxen and chestnut in his mates. XD Also, Chanda's definitely going to be up for breed next month, Spring. I'll try and have a thread set up early, as there needs to be more silver Clydesdale love. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD