News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

.:FCFC:. !IMPORTANT! Announcements, a poll, and updates!

Started by FCFC, May 18, 2017, 07:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FCFC

.:Feline and Canine Fanciers Club:.
http://fcfc.adoptables4.me/index.html

More information can be found on the agency main page.

~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone, Wild here! I have a ton of new information for you all, so sit tight and get ready for some awesomeness! There's a lot of stuff going on below here, so if you have ANY questions, please let a staff member know in this thread. Thank you!

.:New Breeds:.

I know, I know, we've been talking about them for months now! Well folks, the time is HERE. If you check out the May Event Thread, you will find TWO new breed releases for this month! PLUS, you can expect many more to come in the next few months! The staff team is so excited to present these new lines to you, finally! It's been a long time coming, if I say so myself!

.:Cat & Dog Coats:.

YLO is currently working on updating pet descriptions so they are more accurate and uniform across the board. Some pets have markings or patterns missing or are marked incorrectly, which is just a mess for all of us! We're also making sure the same wording is used on all of them (right now we have cats labeled with Mitts, Mittens, Socks and Paws all meaning the same thing). We're also discussing some new additions with one marking already being approved!! You can expect more on these new markings within the next month I would say as the website gets updated.

.:Kennels & Catteries:.

Kennels and Catteries are a huge part of what makes the FCFC adoptable world different. The problem we have found though, is that it has been noted to be super costly for our members and requires quite a bit of work and often confusion for the staff members. With that being said, we are certainly not removing the feature, but revamping it to make it easier and affordable for everyone! How, you might ask?

You will no longer be required to apply for each breed you want to add to a Kennel or Cattery. New members that wish to start a Kennel or Cattery will submit a form to the FCFC Staff when you have 3 "A" Quality pets & have bred 1 "A" Quality litter of the same breed. You will get your certificate and then be added to the Kennel/Cattery list! This part is still the same, but what differs is if you want to add more breeds to your Kennel or Cattery, there is no more applications for extra breeds, no extra proof needed. You are free to add as many breeds to your Kennel/Cattery as you like without Staff keeping a record of that. If you have a Kennel or Cattery now, you do NOT need to re-apply!

Another key change in the way Kennels and Catteries will work now is that there has been a change in the way the rewards and pricing of having a Kennel/Cattery. Once a month you will receive 1 Bonus Bed for your Kennel and 1 Bonus Bed for your Cattery, no matter how many breeds you have within them. There will also be NO monthly fees anymore! Instead, you will only be required to pay a fee of 25K when you turn in a Kennel/Cattery Bonus Bed to use.

Now to avoid charging you twice since these changes are taking place, we have turned all of your Bonus Beds into just Regular Breeding Beds (which are still to remain free to use!)

.:Breeding Beds:.

You MAY start turning in your Breeding Beds out of season again! You can only turn in 1 bed at a time is the only catch! Once your litter is born, you may turn in another bed. Regular Breeding Beds (Red) are free to turn in, Bonus Beds (Blue)require a 25K fee to turn in, and may only be used by Registered Kennels & Catteries.

.:Competitions & Breeding Season:.

After a discussion among the Staff members, we have all agreed to the following schedule for all future events-:
*January - Events
*February - Breeding Season
*March - Events
*April - Competitions
*May - Events
*June - Breeding Season
*July - Events
*August - Competitions
*September - Events
*October - Breeding Season
*November - Competitions
*December - Christmas Events

Breeding Seasons will take over the entire month, Events will be just like we've been doing where it is casual fun for all throughout the month, and Competitions are usually quicker so there may be some small events within those months. December has become somewhat of a tradition for us to throw everything we have into a massive Christmas event thread, and we plan to continue to do that for many years to come!

New stuff on Competions! We will award winners ribbons like we used to do, but instead of coming up with SG prizes, we would like to reward you with new pets instead! (Reason being that SG is running out of its value, so we thought it would be more fun with pets. Who doesn't like more pets?!)

.:Ownership Changes:.
After a long discussion and working some things out between the Staff members, Wild has taken over primary ownership of the FCFC Adoptable. Now this is not a reason to panic, because essentially for you guys nothing is changing, and very little is changing for the other Staff members as well. The big reason behind this change is that I have some big plans for FCFC's future as an Adoptable, and see so much potential for growth I'd like to pursue with the FCFC. As you all may know, I have also put in a chunk of money to bring new breeds to FCFC that were much needed and will help restore this adoptable to what it was, and should be!

This decision was made with full support from YLO and PM, who will remain Staff Members of FCFC. A Staff Member gets the right to run their own events per the schedule agreement posted above this a bit plus the free will to run trades and sales as they did before! All Staff will still talk about new ideas and important decisions before implementing them as was done before as well. There are safeguards in place should anything happen to me; So no one should have to worry about inactivity or the adoptable dying with me! I wouldn't let that happen.

In addition to this, I would also like to publicly announce that we are extremely fortunate to have Leafy and Rosedawn on board as Volunteers to the FCFC! Leafy is helping out as a Colorist, and Rosedawn is helping Wild keep her head on straight and guest coloring as well!

.:New Horizons:.

Along with the change of ownership comes these big plans I mentioned. Sooooo what exactly does Wild have planned for the future? I'll tell ya! As you all can see, FCFC has grown to a massive size over the years, much bigger than any of us could have dreamed! With great expansions such as this, sometimes the place you start at doesn't quite have all the bells and whistles you require to keep on expanding. With YLO and PM's agreement, I would like to offer a solution to this... I'd like to start up our own website. Yes, we do have one now, but it is essentially function-less being that it has no forum, uploading, game currency, or anything else that really makes an adoptable site an adoptable site. I want to assure you that starting up our own website would not mean we are abandoning Secundi as a whole! We would still like to host events here quarterly once the site is fully functional, but the new site would be our "home base". Something this big doesn't happen overnight though. It will take me probably a few months to get all the coding, the website running, testing things, etc. So for now, ALL future events will still be solely on Secundi!

The new site could offer plenty of additional features and fun for our members! I'm hoping to add features that would allow you to interact with your pets without relying just on events on the forum alone. An example of this would be possibly auto-running competitions through the site; which also means we could add breed-specific stats to pets, as well as training for your pets! We also believe that it could make things easier for attracting new members to FCFC, which unfortunately has been proven difficult to do on Secundi due to the many inactive agencies we have. Things would be easy to read, easy to locate, no more bouncing around from site to site for information on our breeds, coats, etc. All in all, this is viewed as a very positive change! However, in order for any of this to be possible, we have agreed that we should ask the members of FCFC themselves for their opinions and feedback on this.

.:Your Opinion Matters:.

Please let us know your thoughts! We'd love to know if you guys are interested in following us over once the new site does become a reality and if you have ideas for it, feel free to mention them! You guys are what made FCFC grow this much and we'd love to take you all with us :D Again, using the new site will not be required, as long as Secundi remains active you'll be able to collect FCFC on here as well. If everyone is really against this new site it might even be reconsidered, but Wild has really thought this through and we all think it could be something really great in addition to what FCFC already is. Thank you. <3
.Feline and Canine Fanciers Club. Owned by Wild & YLO.
Further supported by BlueOrchidWolf & PonyMama {HIATUS}

Riverwind

Leafy

XD I thought so, it pretty accurately expresses my feels.

Ryuukokoro

Secundi is our place, where we've always been. We've all been growing this place together since we were forced to leave PI. Not only that, but FCFC is one of the most active agencies here right now. If you leave, a large chunk of our activity will be gone. Secundi will pretty much go back to being the ghost town that it was, effectively destroying all we've built for the past five months. I can't believe what I'm reading... -shakes head-

Well it's not like I could try to stop you, but I'm not leaving Secundi to go join some other site. Have fun. -_-

FCFC

As I stated within the paragraph, this is /NOT/ us leaving Secundi. We are to remain highly active until the new site is published, and then we would run events here quarterly or maybe a little more often, depending on how things roll out. Again, we are NOT leaving Secundi.

I must admit it's a bit hurtful to read the tone you have in your message. I get that you may have misunderstood what I said, but it was still kinda mean.. :/ I know not everyone has the same opinion, but there is no need to be unkind with your opinion, I would have respected it must easier if it was in a nicer tone..

YourLoveOnly

I'd actually be totally willing to make time to do something on Secundi once a month instead of quarterly. It's important to me that we remain active here as well and I know other staff doesn't want to abandon Secundi either. Like you say Ryuu, it is our home. But I also know Wild wants to do a lot of things we simply can't do on Secundi. With the amount of breeds Wild ordered this adoptable is MASSIVE, I can totally understand the need to branch out so you can do more with them. No other adopt is even remotely close to this size, it is totally big enough to branch out, so I can understand why Wild wants to do so! Which is why I said yes :) But we did agree that as long as people on Secundi want us here we will not leave this place. As far as I'm concerned you won't need to worry about being excluded from stuff by not joining the new site. Of course we can't predict what things will go like, maybe it won't work and we'll just remain here OR maybe it will be a big success and will take a lot of time and effort, but then I'd still make sure to do things on Secundi too. And who knows, hopefully we can event sent some of those new followers (if we get any) to Secundi.

FCFC

All blue beds are now red beds! (Those are free of charge to turn in and can be used on all pets (including crossbreeding as was announced in February's breeding season), while blue beds now cost a 25K fee to turn in and can (still) only be used on two A quality pets of the same breed.) You can turn in a breeding by PMing the breeding form to this account!

And now that we've gotten rid of Kennel/Cattery monthly upkeep fees now would be a great time to apply if you don't have one already, as this will gain you blue breeding beds :D

Kahlira

I would prolly follow youse guys to another place. But when that happens would secundi critterd be able to be with the new site critter?

FCFC

*nods* Secundi pets would be able to be imported there, but they will also remain on here. So the pet will be on both sites. We will not take away your Secundi pets. New pets gained on the new site probably won't be imported here (I think, not 100% sure), but new pets gained on Secundi can definitely be on the new site too.

Ryuukokoro

I'm not going to use a nicer tone because I am completely upset with you. You want to take all the hard work we've put in here to Secundi and go to some other place because it will be better for your shop. You're not interested in making Secundi a better place or bringing new people here or expanding what we have here, you're interested in making sure your shop expand on its own.

I came back to Secundi and I worked hard to try to bring it back to life. It's not an easy thing, but I worked at it, on my own and with other people. I reached out to people here on Secundi and I advertised on other sites as well. Finally I saw FCFC activity thriving, with a few other shops, and I was heartened to see us slowly building again. But you don't see it that way, I can tell. You see Secundi as a sinking ship and you want to go off and do your own thing.

You claim you're not abandoning Secundi, and I'm glad YLO plans to keep events active here, but how long do you think that will work? When you're holding events in two places and one place has a lot more going on, how long do you think it will be before Secundi people drift over to this new site and then stay there because it's easier to do all the events in one place rather than split their attention between two sites? And then there will be fewer FCFC events here, because no one participates, and then the other shops will do fewer events as well, and people will just stop coming around. This place will be a ghost town again.

If we want to keep Secundi going we have to work to keep the place active, not go off and do our own thing.

YourLoveOnly

On a non-FCFC note, I have 3 other shops I'm planning to turn into Agencies. I know River is planning to make THS an Agency as well. I hope Rosewood will do the same with her shop. I know Wild has been looking into a way to revive Gremlins too. I think having more active Agencies will help people stay on Secundi and will also help attract new people. I'm not giving up on Secundi, even if the new FCFC site happens, I will also be active here. And I think once we do get more active Agencies people will still be here, even if FCFC moves. It's a popular shop, but it's not the only shop people love, I know that's true for me at least <3 I adore your Okibi Ryuu and I've always adored Gremlins and I'm very excited for some of the new shops to meet Agency requirements. AFAIK Silv will still make us new Agencies if we meet those, even if there might be a delay to getting it done as she's less active, I know she still checks in.

Wildfilly94

I'm sorry you feel that way, Ryuu.

For everyone that has voted yes, I appreciate and thank you for your support and will update you as the months go by in setting up a website and look forward to hosting events on secundi, the website, and possibly other places in the future. :)

YLO, it's great to hear silv will be opening up new agencies again! I can't wait to see new active agencies around here to follow, and I'm sure it will bring in new people to Secundi again! :D

Wildfilly94

Kah to answer your question, yes YLO is correct! Your secundi pets will be imported to the new site but also will remain here. Any new pets you get on the new site  will be uploaded to the new site only unless you guys start seeing issues with that then we can certainly upload them to both sites! The new site would be a "home base" but that doesn't mean that secundi agency feature would be useless, because being part of the new site will not be a requirement to still participate in all things FCFC! Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns :)

Riverwind

*slips away from the electricity in the air* I love all of you guys I don't wanna see arguing when we're just starting to bring Secundi back to life D= *hugs everyone*

skysnolimit

I said no because just historically I loved the orchard messagepost and now I love Secundi, and while everything else has come and gone, Silv's creation Secundi has stayed.  It's my solace and sometimes guilty pleasure (when I spend a long time here while procrastinating) to punch "secundi" into the URL bar when I'm stressed out and to know that other people are doing the same thing.  I don't think I will develop that habit with another site or forum, no matter what shop it's for, in all honesty!  I love the diversity of shops here far more than any one shop itself, so I don't think I'd be able to follow over.  Old dogs can't learn new tricks kind of way :-)  I think you should do what your heart desires, though!  And I do believe Secundi will always be here to come back to too <3

Wildfilly94

*pets Riverwind*

Thank you for your feedback, skys! I totally understand. I think with what I've heard so far, we would definitely make sure to run events on Secundi after the new site is made more than just quarterly, especially considering YLO's offer for just that! Joining the new site isn't required; It would be ideal, yes, but not required to enjoy the adoptable, so don't fret about missing out on FCFC, because they will be here for as long as Secundi is still kicking! :)

skysnolimit

Aww :-)  That would really be lovely.  Honor your roots :-)  Thanks Wild!  <3

Laviee

I'm pretty much in the same boat as wilds. I really love Secundi because of its diversity and I have too much going on outside the internets that I don't really want to give myself yet another site to check. Good luck to you all though, I'd certainly like to continue to participate on Secundi.

FCFC

Thank you all for your input!! We really appreciate it and look forward to your continued support. <3