News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Changing photoshop lines to GIMP compatible?

Started by Winged, January 04, 2011, 07:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged

Does anyone know how i can make my Gliders lines GIMP compatible? I use photoshop elements, and they work fine in that, but YLO is making me some marking templates and she uses GIMP. She says that she can open the psd files, but they go messy and outside the lines.
My version of photoshop is really old, it's version 3 i think.

So can anyone help me with how i can make them work? And then if her marking templates will work for my photoshop?

Thanks so much for any help!

Winged
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

What works in GIMP will work in Photoshop, don't worry. Because GIMP basically just has a bunch of layers that you can show or hide. Problems occur when using a feature the other software doesn't have. Everything GIMP has Photoshop has, just not the other way around XD

Photoshop has more fancy features like putting things in folders. GIMP does not have that feature, so it will mess up the layers. I can open it, but the markings go way outside the lines. I recall there is a simple way to fix this in photoshop, but I don't know how XD

Winged

Yeah, that's how i got the markings... perhaps if i try taking them out of the folder? And just leave you with the lines without the markings?
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Without the folders may work. So that it's just a whole bunch of seperate layers not grouped together. Let's try that ^^ *gets on MSN*