News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Help before I throw this tablet pen out the window >:B

Started by Ryuukokoro, July 12, 2013, 11:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuukokoro

As always, my limited experience with a tablet has me running to Secundi for help once again! My pen is driving me crazy. I really hope someone has a suggestion for this! >.<

It's kinda hard to explain what's happening, but let me try. I have a Bamboo Tablet and tonight when I bring the pen tip to the surface of the tablet while I'm coloring a picture in Photoshop, each time the pen tip touches the board, a white circle appears around the pointer on the screen and it opens up a little window to choose the diameter of the pen mark!

It used to do this to me every once in a while, but now it's doing it every single time I tap the tablet. I can only do basic coloring right now, because every time I try to do detailed markings, it keeps messing up and opening that diameter window over my image. -_-

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or can anyone theorize why it's doing this? Ryuu is very frustrated right now. -_- After a month of having absolutely 0 free time, I finally have a Friday evening free and I just want to color, dangit. :c

skysnolimit

I don't know, but maybe in pen settings or tablet settings you can increase the touch time necessary before the window pops up?

SkySong

Is there a button on your tablet or pen that does the same thing? The only thing I can think of is that you are accidentally pressing it or it has malfunctioned (food/drink got in it, was hit hard one too many times, etc) Other than the basic unplug everything, blow in sockets (removes dust and the like), plug everything back in and update the drivers (or try reinstalling them), I can't think of anything else. Maybe poke through the settings, but it doesn't sound like a setting issue unless something got switched in the settings so that the contact to the tablet activates the diameter thing. You can always find the reset to default on the settings if you suspect that.

That's all the advice I can think of right now. XD
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Ryuukokoro

Ahhhh, there IS a button on the pen that does the same thing!! I never use it, so it must be malfunctioning! Maybe I can blow on it or look in the settings to turn it off, or something. Thanks guys!