News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Need ultra quality inker willing to take on 14 pc job!

Started by indigowulf, July 09, 2010, 12:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

Editing this in- I have about 10 million SG I can spend on the right inker. I am willing to wait up to 6 months from start of commission to get the right person, but I ask for progress reports twice a month if possible to let me know you haven't forgotten. Half pay up front, half at finish. 6 months means 2 weeks each for the adults, 1 week each for the babys, and an extra week to play with. Reasonable?

Dragons of Nova Terra. These are starting back at square 1 because the person I paid nearly 25 million PG to template them has disappeared for nearly a year.

I dont know what I should offer for this job. I have no USD. My lineedit/goldtag/champpacks are already used, but I have normal tag it, I have secundi artifacts, 2 wobble custom crystals, maybe one of my stable horses - not sheena! or ??? please post what you would want as payment, and Ill try to get it.

Keep in mind, I will be *very* picky on who I hire for this. I am patient, but I want the best! Please dont take it personal if I decline your services.

So, on to the lines I need done-
Inking:
This line is by Necrosis:

Burning Willow's sketches:

I would really prefur if the same artist did everything.

Crowflux

I'd only be interested if were for USD, unfortunately. If you are ever able to do that, hit me up if you like my work! :D

Sunchaser

I fail at shading but i ink. And im interested in whatever :-p

Nako

I could possibly do it, and I'm willing to take Secundi money.

If you prefer, I could work on a 'pay by finish' rate, which essentially means I don't get paid till I finish a certain milestone. It has been a while since I've done smooth shading bases, but I can certainly give it a go. For any items already lined, I'll need the lineart to be transparent as I work with layers.

My shading ends up rather mild, especially with darker colors like dark greys and blues. Often, tweaking the base with brightness/contrast, as well as adding additional 'light' highlights according to the colors used are suggested. For a decent colorist, I wouldn't see such a thing to be problematic

This was created using a base by me. I do believe I use lighter colors to highlight areas of lightness, but the dark areas of less chroma are from the base below.

indigowulf

I really hope nobody finds offence.. these are my absolute favorite lines Ive ever aquired, I want something for them that may be un-achievable.

It's quite possible Ill end up doing my own shading, but  I have no tablet and I know I simply cannot achieve the quality they deserve with a mouse. So I cant do the inking.

At this point, I may consider selling something to get a tablet lol. I already paid someone a LOT of PG (talking over 10 mil) to ink/shade them, and I threw out thier results after paying them. I just wasnt happy. I think Im going to  have to get USD and a pro before Ill be happy :(

Keilin Alyr

Ooh, I like that Pernese dragon, Nako, especially the facial features. Then again, Pern's where I got my start in cyberpets, so I'm a little biased in favor of dragons.

I don't have the artistic skills to tackle on a project of this magnitude, but I should have a bit more USD this week to play around with. I'll be keeping an eye on any threads you make. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

indigowulf

I'm thinking, for inking alone (I may do my own shading in the end) I will offer 10 million SG. Yes, that will pretty much wipe out my SG, but it's worth it. Buy buy yourself a billion plots of land with it heh.

Oh- and adding this as well- Id be willing to wait like 6 months to have them all finished being inked, as long as I got progress reports so I know they havent been forgotten.

Sunchaser

like i said before i can ink if you want, though i dont know if you like my work or not. im also willing to work with you on what would be the best style for you.

Nako

I think most people are assuming they can't reach your standard. My offer still stands, but like Sunchaser said, I have no idea if I'm eligible or not. A 'thanks, but you're not quite what I'm looking for' would be nice. :) Otherwise, I could try to find some other examples of inking I've done in the past.

indigowulf