News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Facebook game derived from Quinsta - suggestions?

Started by Silvanon, May 31, 2012, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGA

It works now Silv, but when it updates, it tells me "You set horse's sale's price to 0 gold." when I set the price to 2000 gold.  It did set the correct price though, it just said I set it to 0 for some reason.

Thank you for adding the notices, they will be very helpful :)

As for difficulty, it does seem like I level pretty fast vs how much I have to actually do to gain Xp.  But I chalked that up to being early levels, most games I play on FB do have pretty fast leveling for the first oh, 20 levels or so.  They do it I think, to try and keep you from losing interest too quickly.

So far I have had no complaints on prices of anything.  I did think the backgrounds were kind of cheap, but again that may be because there is only the 2 there.  I'm sure future backgrounds will go up in price.

Oh, and I kinda gulped a bit when I saw the black stally hit the market, looking at his price.  But I didn't mind, just planned to save for him.  However, I did get lucky and have a black stally born before I could get the extra stalls to buy the store one.  I'm debating now whether I want to sell the one I bred to get the first gen form the shop, or wait for new stallions to go for sale.. especially since my bred boy has a wee bit better stats then the shop boy lol

Storm Chasers: Equipping/Training event : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=6559.0
Storm Chaser's Stat Allocation: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=8619.0
Storm Chasers: Customs Thread (Closed) : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0

SkySong

I'm satisfied with how things are price wise and leveling wise. I think to truly enjoy the system having a wider variety of quin is necessary, but I know you're getting to it.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

red_uni387

Eep .____. I wanted to invite one of my friends cause she likes horses and I clicked the invite thing and it sent invites to all my friends. A warning would have been nice >__> Usually games let you pick and choose who you want to invite.

Solistia

I've actually found it rather hard to level, but that's probably because I blew my first 5000 on a single horse (the flaxen chestnut), so I only have 1 horse and not 3 to collect stuff from >>

I'm about to get my second through a cheap breeding /D (thanks willow!)
I think a good way for me to earn fast cash would be breeding with cheap stallions and selling the babies >> (not the most "moral" way to earn money, but it would work /D;; )

YourLoveOnly

*nods* I think earning gold is easier when you have multiple horses because you can breed multiple foals and also put multiple stallions up for stud. I think leveling is harder, but not too hard. I would like it if we got experience when a horse succesfully completes a course (or if you plan on implenting competitions than just getting them from comps would work too). I think gold is much easier than leveling because we also get gold from blessings and I have quite a few Secundians added so it goes quickly =P I would have liked it better if leaving a blessing gave our friend gold but gave us experience, but that seems a bit hard to code.

I think the only thing so far I don't really like is that we can only do one training a day total instead of one training per horse, but if it was one per horse it'd be too easy again I think XD I think once people have lots of horses it would get a bit annoying. Maybe a total of 3 trainings per day and a limit of one per horse?

I also agree with runi, I have friends who loathe game requests and I only wanted to invite like.. 3 or 4 people XD

Other than that I really like it and am excited for more patterns too show up! Dun arabs =D And cream <3

I was also wondering if there is a way to change the order of your horses?

Willow

Quote from: Solistia on July 30, 2012, 02:51:38 AM

I'm about to get my second through a cheap breeding /D (thanks willow!)

I don't have a breeding request through, are you sure you should be thanking me? xD;

Thank you for the clock/written time as well Silv, that's very helpful :')

And I agree with YLO, I way to order the horses would be good.
And if possible, on the training screen, perhaps it could tell you when you can next train? Much like the due dates etc C:

I've also got my dad playing it xDD

YourLoveOnly

Yeees I am very thankful for the clock!

Maybe Soli meant to thank me? I've had lots of requests xD Only one not approved so far because it was related to my stallion, but tons of approved requests!

Now my only really big wish is that we can see our horses' offspring in their pedigree. That'd be super helpful to figure out carried genes. And fun too!

And hopefully also have a way to reorder them but that's the tiny bit of OCD in me talking XD *glares at her mare lining up after the stallions instead of with the other mares* |D

Oh wait, I did have another suggestion. Would it be possible to code it so that leaving blessings and gaining experience from friend visits is done once per in game day instead of every 24 hours (maybe training too)? Right now it looks like exactly 24 hours or more have to have passed before I can do it all again, but there is no notice when you did it last so I have to remember and keep checking back, I think it'd be easier if it was just once per game day regardless of what time.

Solistia

Isn't Caeser yours Willow? (for 200 gold?) oAo

YourLoveOnly

He's Willow's yes! And he has the cutest face markings >w< *snuggles*

Willow

Yep, as YLO says he's mine, but I still don't see a request, only my two expectant mares oWo;
How strange D:

Unless I accepted it already? :u
*flails*

YourLoveOnly

Yeah I think Soli meant it was accepted already =P

Willow

I hope so, I remember accepting one last night but I wasn't really paying attention xD;

Silvanon

Quote from: red_uni387 on July 30, 2012, 01:05:44 AM
Eep .____. I wanted to invite one of my friends cause she likes horses and I clicked the invite thing and it sent invites to all my friends. A warning would have been nice >__> Usually games let you pick and choose who you want to invite.

Hum, I thought it was letting you select which people you wanted to send invites to.  Did it not pop up with the option to select which friends you wanted to send to?  Or did it let you select people, and then sent it to everyone anyway?

In other updates, resets on "once a day" things now go by server day instead of just every 24 hours - this includes training, visiting friend rewards & blessing friends.  Also, now when you leave a blessing for a friend, you yourself gain 3 exp.  I'm going to go work on the view kids pedigree option.

YourLoveOnly

Nope, it does not ask at all, it just gives you a message that invites were sent without any kind of selecting process.

Also, Silv, I love you. Really. Those updates make me very happy!

Silvanon

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on July 30, 2012, 11:29:15 AM
Nope, it does not ask at all, it just gives you a message that invites were sent without any kind of selecting process.

Ok, what does the invite message say, and what does the page look like?   I've got a thank you message hard-coded into the page that shows whether invites were really sent or not.  I'm thinking probably invites weren't really sent out.  What browser are you using?

Edit:  Also, if you go to a horse's pedigree page, there is now a link to view offspring.

YourLoveOnly

Using IE. I just click the invite friends button and then a white page loads with a simple message, can't remember exactly what it says but something about your friends being invited, could be that it says thank you as well, I did it yesterday when I was super tired so I'm not entirely sure anymore |D And I'm a bit hesistant to test it out because I don't want to spam people that don't want a request with another one if they /do/ sent xD

Silvanon

Ok, I'm about 99% sure the invite never went out.  I'll test around and see if I can figure it out.

Edit:  Hum, try as I might, I'm not able to replicate the problem.  I've tried Chrome, IE and Firefox, in both secure & non-secure, but in all cases the selection box pops up how it should.

Screencap:
http://www.silvanon.com/temp/InviteScreen1.jpg

YLO & runi, could you two maybe check with a friend or two and see if the invite really went out or not?

SGA

It did let me send an invite to just one person, a few days ago.  I remember I sent one to my mom, and having to search for her user icon amidst all my other friends.  She's always a bit hard to find.

Not that she accepted yet heh lol but it did let me pick who to send to.
Storm Chasers: Equipping/Training event : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=6559.0
Storm Chaser's Stat Allocation: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=8619.0
Storm Chasers: Customs Thread (Closed) : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0

YourLoveOnly

Retried it because I was curious, same issue. Still not sure if it sent out the invites, but it says it did.

Screenshot: http://i49.tinypic.com/2qv7693.png

Solistia

Oh Silv, I've been meaning to ask. Is this Little Horses still gonna use TheStable genetics, rather than branching out and using new found horse genetics? (like the Varnish, Pearl, and Champagne genes?)

Ravvana

I would just like to brag that my mare is a superstar at training :D She just scored a perfect 100 point in Riding Lv 2 <3

Silv: In training, it refers to the horses as "quin" still (ie. "Quin is taught to work cattle"). That might be confusing to people who are not familiar with Quin as an adoptable. Like, who's Quin and why is he working cattle? XD

Silvanon

Ah, how'd I miss that one?  XD  Thanks Rav!

I've created a forum just for Little Horses, which is supposed to run inside a facebook app, and is supposed to let you/make you log in with your Facebook account.

PonyMama

something went hinky, and I only grabbed a little of what I am seeing when going into LH

QuoteFacebookApiException Object
(
    [result:protected] => Array
        (
            [error] => Array
                (
                    [message] => An active access token must be used to query information about the current user.
                    [type] => OAuthException
                    => 2500
                )

)

[message:protected] => An active access token must be used to query information about the current user.
    [string:private] =>
    [code:protected] => 0
    [file:protected] => /home/silvan/LHCode/base_facebook.php
    [line:protected] => 1033
    [trace:private] => Array

Solistia

Hey Silv, should offspring be able to breed to their parents? (I was dinking around and tried to breed an already pregnant mare which didn't work <3, then I bred a mother to a son that did work XD)

And also a question on the stats (the ones that you click for gold and xp). When you click on them, does the one hour per tick reset, or does the time continue based on the when the last tick came onto the bar?

red_uni387

Inbreeding is possible, that's why YLO checks pedigrees before accepting requests :)

Wildfilly94

How do you view your LH's pedigree?
I've looked EVERYWHERE and cant figure it out :(

red_uni387

Wildfilly94

Solistia

Totally not dumb, it took me a while to figure out how to do it myself XD <3

Kadana Sorano

Same problem as PM.  I came home from work and logged in to tend my horses (and purchase another stall lol)  and it all went fine.  But then I got a FB pop up informing me someone Kourtney sent me a request in Little Horses.  SO I clicked refresh on my browser to reload the game so I could see the request.  It didn't load properly, and I got a mess of code or such.  I took a screeny lol I should have checked here first to see if it had happened to anyone else.  But since I took it already, you can have it lol

Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Wildfilly94

Lol, Kourtney Elizabeth, thats me. :P
And I got the same thing the second time I loaded the home page, but moving to 'Your Place' it loaded fine after that.

Ravvana

I was checking out the new "view offspring" button... and realized that even sold-to-system horses are still appearing. This is extremely awkward for me since I've been breeding both my mares to my one stallion, growing the foals to check out the different coat shades and to perform all the EXP-earning actions, and then selling the adult "foals." And it has just occurred to me that my stallion is related to both of my mares x_X;; I hadn't thought to check inbreeding since I thought all the sold-to-system horses would be zapped from the system without a trace as I've seen in other games. So now my very favorite mare has all these little inbred foals running around in her pedigree and it's making me want to sell her, but she's already done so well in training all the way through pre-jumping ._. Boo.

Sorry for the long rant, but I guess my question is -- are the sold-to-system horses supposed to remain in offspring lists? They all show up as being owned by Ethendil even though he obviously doesn't own them. I can see them needing to stay if they have offspring of their own, but if they are childless, what's the benefit of them sticking around off in cyberspace and taking up room?

edit: And if the intention and coding are correct there, would it be possible for the "Name Me"s to be somehow removed from at least Amira's pedigree? ._x I'll just sell Debbani since the inbreeding bugs me, but I hate to start training over if I buy a new Amira from the store. I fell like such a dolt for not realizing ahead of time. Although, to be fair, the "view offspring" option is new since I started.

Silvanon

Ah, no, I did not intend for sold-to-system horses to stick around on the pedigrees, I just didn't realize they'd be showing up.  Shall go do something about that now...

red_uni387

Well glad to know I'm not the only one who has been doing that XD It bothered me too, so I switched to just selling the foals without caring for them first lol

Silvanon

Quote from: PonyMama on July 31, 2012, 04:23:08 PM
something went hinky, and I only grabbed a little of what I am seeing when going into LH

QuoteFacebookApiException Object
(
    [result:protected] => Array
        (
            [error] => Array
                (
                    [message] => An active access token must be used to query information about the current user.
                    [type] => OAuthException
                    => 2500
                )

)

[message:protected] => An active access token must be used to query information about the current user.
    [string:private] =>
    [code:protected] => 0
    [file:protected] => /home/silvan/LHCode/base_facebook.php
    [line:protected] => 1033
    [trace:private] => Array

Ok, I ~think~ I have this fixed.  If any of you see it again please let me know.

red_uni387

Just wanted to say omg this girl is so pretty @__@

Ravvana

I got this error when I tried to tend to Amira, and now it stays up no matter what page I try to visit:

QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/silvan/LHCode/Owner.php on line 483

EDIT: The error went away after I reloaded twice. However, now I'm unable to level up: "Level: 9 Experience: 4523 / 4500." 4523 > 4500 so I should be at Lv 10. Not sure if this is related to the above error message.

Silvanon

Yup, you caught me messing around with leveling.  It's working correctly again, and now you have the option to post a level up announcement to your wall if you like.

Ravvana

Haha, no problem. Here's another one for you--

I tried to buy Latent from Camille, and I got this error message:

QuoteThe clerk looks confused. Which horse did you want to buy, again?

I clicked on "buy" right from Latent's profile page, so I don't know why the system's confused about it.

YourLoveOnly

I can't seem to purchase extra stalls with FB credits anymore even though I have the credits, but I am not sure if that is a bug or my stupid computer. I do know I do not have pop-ups blocked.

Silvanon

Quote from: Ravvana on August 03, 2012, 02:24:49 PM
Haha, no problem. Here's another one for you--

I tried to buy Latent from Camille, and I got this error message:

QuoteThe clerk looks confused. Which horse did you want to buy, again?

I clicked on "buy" right from Latent's profile page, so I don't know why the system's confused about it.

Ok, I think I've got this error fixed.

YLO, I'm at a loss on you, I can't seem to replicate the problem so that makes it really hard to fix.  :/  If I figure anything out I'll certainly let you know.

Edit:  YLO - I've added a clickable link to the invite page for incase the invite dialog box doesn't come up.  Would you click that and let me know if that gives you the dialog to select people to invite?  If that works for you I can set up something similar for the FBC purchases & other dialogs you might not be seeing.

YourLoveOnly

The clickeable link for inviting works, yay!

And when I try purchasing a stall with FB credits through the Store it gives me a blank white page after clicking Buy for 16 FBC. I do have enough credits. Clicking the button on my row of horses doesn't work either, it just leads me to the store and lets me click that button only to load the blank white page again |D

Silvanon

Ok, I'll set up a similar link for buying things with FBC.  Just a second....

YourLoveOnly

I am mainly confused that it DID work before, I have purchased a couple stalls before XD And I have no idea why it is not working anymore XD But thank you, that'd be much appreciated!

Silvanon

Yeah, that really is confusing and frustrating.  It'd all probably be easier if I were more familiar with Javascript, but I'm not.  Anyway, the FBC purchase link is there and from my end appears to be working now.

Edit: While we're at it, YLO, are you seeing the dialogs to send requests to friends when you're handing out blessings?

YourLoveOnly

Yaaaay I have my stall! And now I only have one lousy credit left XD
And nope, am not seeing dialogs when sending blessings, just black text on a white background saying I left a blessing and gained 3 EXP.

Also, everyone, I have a 3rd gen black stallion for sale with 7 Calmness! If he hasn't sold in about 12 hours I am selling him to the system instead <3

1 AM, bedtime now! <3

Ravvana

red_uni387

O__O Okay I think something happened when Latent got sold (Thanks btw, Rav! <3) cause when I logged in today I had 0 gold. Now I have 45 from sending blessings. I don't remember how much I had before, but it was definitely not 0.

edit: 420 now from caring for horses >__>

Aralie

Silv, one of my horses (Rashal) has passed the training for cart training but the drive interaction hasn't opened up yet...

Silvanon

Quote from: red_uni387 on August 03, 2012, 06:42:22 PM
O__O Okay I think something happened when Latent got sold (Thanks btw, Rav! <3) cause when I logged in today I had 0 gold. Now I have 45 from sending blessings. I don't remember how much I had before, but it was definitely not 0.

edit: 420 now from caring for horses >__>

I found the bug that caused this, and red I've PMed you about your money.

Aralie - the ride & drive interactions are going to require that you have tack or a cart respectively before they'll work, in addition to have a horse trained for them.  Since I haven't got the equipment added to the system yet, the interactions aren't available yet.