News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

any recourse?

Started by indigowulf, April 21, 2010, 03:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

Im not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but.. is there any recourse to "rescue" the offspring of our beloved pets who were traded to an account that no longer exists? I check the pedigree of some of my pets (including puppies and limited line gidgets) and they show as belonging to an owner who is no longer on the members list.

For all future reference, Im adding an addendum to my contract covering this, but for now, is there anything we can do? It makes me sad seeing things I am so fond of on a dead account (from a banned person, I believe)

YourLoveOnly

If this is about who I think it is about then I have the same issue, I would also very much like the pets back I traded to this person if they will not ever be allowed back on here (especially because I am owed stuff from this person).

TheKennel

For TheKennel, we will not take any pets from a person just because they aren't on one site or another.

If they are banned from a site (-a- site, not just this one), this doesn't mean they are banned from TheKennel. YLO for example, you were banned from PI and we didn't take any dogs away from you. Other people left PI when we were still there and we didn't take any dogs then. Perhaps I'm biased because I fear for losing pets because I'm not active on PI.

But there are other issues. If you sold these pets for currency, you could turn around and re-sell them and make double off the same pet. That isn't fair. Not to say they were sold, but if trades and whatnot were completed, is it right to ask us to reverse them? You entered into an agreement and that agreement was fulfilled. I don't like reversing completed trades, I see them as completed and done.

Now if you have another argument, feel free to express it, but that's my stance.

As for trades not completed, that's different.

indigowulf

Ok, I was just asking because I thought, since it's you guys who do the banning here, that maybe you banned from thekennel as well when someone was banned from secundi. Now I know. Thank you for answering. I dont think I have any outstanding trades with anyone who was banned here, so I have no further questions.

TheKennel

Garney is a softie and doesn't like banning, but she doesn't like taking pets away from people even more.

toffeeca

I just noticed that someone added a new clause to their contract saying if you receive a permanent ban the pets will be repossessed. I was just wondering what the kennel's view on this was. Will anything that is put into a contract be supported by the kennel, or are there limits on what they will support?

I don't mean to pick on anyone, I was simply curious and the new clause got me thinking.
Sorry for stealing your thread indigo. :)

indigowulf

Naw, if its not ok I need to know too. I didnt think it would be an issue but yeah, if it is, thanks for asking what I didnt think to ask. Even if kennel doesnt enforce that sort, Ill still want it for other adoptables if they allow it, so it's staying in my contract either way, possibly edited.

YourLoveOnly

I need to check it out, I'm not sure they were completed.
I know I was awaiting 2 dogs in return for adoptables I had already colored, but I just deleted those adopties from said persons owner folder. I did put in the work, but I never thought of trying to get the dogs before I saw this post. Hmm, maybe I should try getting them then. I too hate doing stuff without someone's permission, that's probably why it never occured to me before. But yea, I think it's kinda fair I get my half of the trade too xD