News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Dropdown Menu for Pets Page

Started by Keilin Alyr, July 08, 2010, 04:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keilin Alyr

I can see how some people might prefer this new system, particularly if they have large collections of pets for most of the current agencies. However, I'll admit I'm finding the new feature a bit cumbersome, both for checking on my own pets and for viewing the collections of others.  I also much prefer seeing all pets of all agencies at a glance.

I wouldn't want the feature removed, but could the dropdown menu become an optional feature? I'd personally like to return to the old pet interface.

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Goddesss

I agree and I have a large pet collection.  I like being able to see all my pets as I scroll through them. =)

Silvanon

Sorry guys, I'm afraid it's not currently an optional update.

Keilin Alyr

Guess I'll try and get used to it then. Thanks, Silv.

Would definitely appreciate an update if that changes in the future though. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Goddesss

Thats ok Silv.  Your hard work is very much appreciated and I will get used to it. =)

Silvanon

Page divisions aren't optional anymore, but if you really want to see page after page of your pets with no agency divisions, there's always the search feature, just put in your own OwnerID.

Keilin Alyr

Very true. I've noticed better loading performance, which is definitely nice. I've also been having fun experimenting with the critter search feature: sorting by level makes life a lot easier for level deployment. =) Then again, it feels like I should have figured that one out sooner. XD

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to add an order by: agency feature to the critter or owner search, so that all presented critters are grouped and sorted by species?

Silvanon

Unfortunately with the way the database is set up it's not possible to order by agency, but you can acheive close to the same effect if you select to order by BreedID.

Keilin Alyr

I meant to actually say something about that. I don't receive any results when the search is set to BreedID, though all of the other search options work fine. Is there a critter species that is breaking the breed search option?

Silvanon

Huh, it worked when I tried it out just a minute ago.  Can you give me the URL of a specific search where that happens?

Keilin Alyr

Just ran this one:

http://www.secundi.net/agencycrittersearch.php?AgencyID=0&CritterAgencyID=&CritterID=&Name=&Description=&OwnerName=keilin+alyr&OwnerID=&Gender=0&Generation=0&UpForSale=0&SellMin=&SellMax=&UpForBid=0&BidMin=&BidMax=&LevelMin=&LevelMax=&OrderBy=Breed

Though I was curious and added ID at the end of Breed. Sure enough, it returned a result. It's strange, BreedID is listed as Breed in both my dropdown menu and the search result, which the database apparently doesn't recognize. Could it be my browser causing the problems?

Oh, and my apologies if I'm being a pain in the hindquarters. I do appreciate the updates and all your work, I just like getting involved when something new is afoot. I enjoy this game too much not to. =)

Silvanon

Nope, not just your browser, it was a genuine bug.  Thanks for your example, it helped me pinpoint where the bug was.  Next time you go in to do a new search that shouldn't happen anymore.  Thanks for bringing the problem to my attention!

Keilin Alyr

Hooray for database fixes and bug squishing! =D

And sure enough, my new search works perfectly. Thanks for finding and taking care of that so quickly, Silv. =)