News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Who's getting ready for NaNo?

Started by Ryuukokoro, September 12, 2009, 05:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuukokoro

It's only like a month and a half away! XD Well, I know that's still pretty far, but I'm excited anyway hee hee.

Anyone else planning to do NaNoWriMo this year? If so, do you know what you plan to write about? Want to share your plans here? Or just ask me what the heck NaNo is? XD

As for me, I'm definitely going to be doing it and I have two young adult novels I'd like to work on, haven't quite decided which one I'll be doing yet. The first is a PI-inspired story about two tribes of magical horses at war with one another, and yet one mare and one stallion meet and your traditional Romeo/Juliet thing ensues. The second novel is a fantasy story about a young slave girl who gets chosen by a military dragon and conscripted into her country's arial army.

I'll be writing both novels eventually, but not sure which I want to work on for NaNo just yet. ^^

red_uni387

I'll be working on teh story I had from last time :) is also about horses

Sunchaser

i think i might join it this time <.< i dont know if i will do well but i can at least try right? I also might make floofy do it to since he loves to write. As for what im writing it would be teh story i have planed for awhile about a girl who gets chosen by a hippogrif and on this planet everyone has a partner from a little mouse to a dragon or a pheonix. It is great in my head lol

Whats the site agian? since this will be the first time ive ever done it though ive heard about it before.

Yruvian

If it's not limited to US-citizens, I'd like to participate this year too. Maybe it'll get me into writing again, so I may finally start actually finishing Silver Ghost.

I'd like to know the site too...

Ryuukokoro

It's definitely open to all countries! Here's the site

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

YourLoveOnly

I don't know yet. I want to, but I have school during the week and I'm never home durings weekends. Last year I had no school and didn't make it either because I'm just never home xD

Garney

Definitely participating... I think my fifth or sixth year, I forget XD

Not sure if I want to write:

Strahd's second novel - I wrote the entirety of Strahd last year with 120k words, finished the novel, definitely want to see it published

or...

Kiro no Matsuro's second book - I've tried writing Kiro twice in NaNo, got 50k once and failed the next year to continue it as I had drama with my RP partner that entwined all the characters. They're still slowly recovering from their losses. Without the first book actually written, this would probably be a bad idea, but the first book is convoluted with some of those RP partners posing a problem and a lot of anguish for them. Enough of them are recovered to write the second book, but yeah, I wouldn't have a first to reference from.

ooorr...

I could try writing Angels vs. Demons (Falling Towards Heaven) again, which I struggled through to 50k the year before last, but it was hardly written well and mostly just RP shadowing. Lost that RP partner too, but that doesn't hurt as much anymore.

or or or...

Something completely new?

Inferdramon

I am considering entering NaNo this year, since I have a couple ideas I could work with. Not entirely sure yet.
"You could say Shredder was the father, Krang the mother, and Bepop and Rocksteady their retarded children."

TheKat

I'll probably (hopefully I have time) do it.  It would be my first year ^^  I'd really like to get back into writing as the last year I was kind of out of my 'groove' for writing if you will.   But I'd have to figure out what I want to write about... and that's always a struggle for me.  Luckily I have a month and a half to figure it out ^^

Ravvana

I have a novel I've been planning in my head for years, but I think I'm too much of a perfectionist to do NaNo >.>

Ryuukokoro

Rav, that's what ALL writers think. XD That's why NaNo exists! To knock us on our butts and make us work hard. You should give it a try! :D

Lectral

I'll be doing NaNo again this year.  Not sure what I will write about yet.  Last two years, my stories have been about Murrah.  Might do that again, if I can figure out which one to write about this time XD

But at least, if my trend follows, I might actually finish this year.  First year, I had a ton of stuff come up, and barely made 5k; last year, I made 30k (I think, gotta double check).  If I can get a good idea, I think I can get all 50k this time!

Ravvana

I will definitely think about it, school permitting :)

Quick question - are we allowed to brainstorm plot and flesh out characters ahead of time, or should no thought be given to our novel until November 1?

Lectral

Brainstorming is fine, just no actually writing on the story

Yruvian

I have about 20 more ideas ready to start on, aside from any other stories about the characters in Silver Ghost, so I'll just need to find out which one to start on. Hopefully, it'll give me the push I need to start SG again after November. Can't use Ghost though, as that one's already on its 40th chapter.

Zephyr

I am probably going to be working on the story from LAST NaNo...I'd only gotten a few chapters in before my laptop failed D:  New year, new (used) laptop....here's hoping, at least :D

I even have a bjd of my main char to encourage me to write!

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: Ravvana on September 14, 2009, 12:09:09 AM
I will definitely think about it, school permitting :)

Quick question - are we allowed to brainstorm plot and flesh out characters ahead of time, or should no thought be given to our novel until November 1?

Yup yup. I think you're even allowed to write out outlines, etc. As Lectral said, just no actual writing of the novel until the start time. :)

CutieePiee

I've always wanted to participate in NaNo ever since I found out about it last year but I doubt I have any time with two jobs and school.  :-\

Although if it's a month and a half away... I'll see if I can fit some writing time in between, maybe after mid-term exams and sometime during Thanksgiving break. *fingers crossed*

Plantress

I'm really excited for NaNoWriMo.  I've got a story idea I've been fleshing out for months that I'm looking forward to working on.    I roped a few friends into doing NaNoWriMo with me so we can encourage each other.

bewilderness

I might.  Depends on if I feel like it at the time.

Mutt

I've always thought about it but never done it never more then looked, I don't think I have the confidence in my writing ability, after all I've done very little schooling... I learned to write by reading, monkey see, monkey do. Be nice to have a teacher again though.

Ah but I think I'm relocating soon, there's a place in mind for me so at the time I may not have access to a computer.

I have a couple of stories in mind I'd love to write about, ones about a trio of hunting dogs but that's more a very short story. The second is a homeless man and his dog (said man is unnamed so that doesn't help) yeah so I really like dogs if you couldn't tell, I have a few other ideas in mind but I haven't got enough planned out in my head for those yet.

sera

Oh, gads, NaNo is coming up.  @__@;;;;  i've participated 3 years (not quite in a row*coughs*) and managed it twice.  ^^  i would love to do it again this year, but real life might very well eat my face off instead.  <<;   Gambatte to those who do it!  *hopes she'll be able to as well!*

Garney

Still waffling between options, arrrggh *flails*

Already our municipal liason is gearing up for meetings and getting his twitter page up XD and our old six year ML who quit last year is back to co-ML! Yay! She's awesome!

Ryuukokoro

And three more minutes before it's time to start writing! *cracks knuckles* Good luck everyone!!

sera

Good luck to those starting NaNo!  ^^

bewilderness

Only 509 words so far.  Gah!  I'm running behind.

Mutt

Lol this is my first time attempting NaNo and being an Aussie it's day 2 for me and 2,116 words so far... I'm really struggling XD And with all the coffee I don't feel the need to blink anymore, I'm enjoying it though wish I'd done it last year.

Urgh... I have to write lots because not only do I have classes but I'm going on a camp for a few days... maybe I could take a notebook with me (and I mean paper I have no notebook computer thingy)

Sunchaser

i wont succeed this month because i have so much going on but im working on my story so i guess thats all that matters? 749 words lol i fail.

SplitX

I did 1,000 words this morning, in 45 minutes, so I think that's a start for me. xD

Mutt

9,862 words so far (goal for today 10,000 I wrote a lot last night), I've just started writing for this morning.... I'm still struggling because I really want to play a PC game instead... it is just so tempting to have it open whilst I write and flick back and fourth and then I get hooked on the story...Don't get me started on the fact that I'm also playing the PS2 version of the same game and there's the urge to play that one too lol.

I'm trying to really get my word count up so going on camp this month won't be such a massive stress. It's my first time attempting NaNo and I'd like to be able to say I finished it XD

Luv007

I'm having a HUGE problem staying focused... writing isn't hard.  It's NOT doing everything else that's the problem.  Uhg.  And I wanted to get some homework done too... but I'm way too far behind in NaNo.  3 hours left til the fiance gets home and I have to get off the computer to pay attention to him.

bewilderness

Ugh.  6500 words so far.  I'm getting tired of writing and it's only day 6.  And I'm behind like 4000 words.