News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gunman on Campus today...

Started by Scullisto, October 05, 2009, 01:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scullisto

An unexpected turn of events today as I am on lockdown due to a gunman on USF campus...more time for Secundi...and as it turns out, work computers handle Secundi Waaay better than my home PC, which is strange beecause normal it cant load anything.

Talk to me...I have time now :)

sera

o___O;;;;;; That's. . . really. . . random and bad.  o__O;;;;  Are you somewhere safe?

Scullisto

Completely safe...I locked down our offices and we are two buildings over from the library,,,the evident scene of the incidents.

Kadana Sorano

oh wow *hugs* stay safe hun! 

Edit: the library?? why would a gunmen want to go there? 
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Scullisto

No one ever comes to our building...hardly ever.  I just checked the doors and we are safe...except the vending machines are on the other side of the locked doors. *sigh*

sera

*Fluffs* Sorry you don't get snackage during the long wait.  . . . And i'm moreso sorry that there's a freakin' gunman even ON your campus. ><;  Some people are really dumb.  >>;;;

Scullisto

I know right?!?  What can go so wrong in your life as to bring that nonsense to school...This also ends up costing the University and city enormous amounts of money as the SWAT teams charge through the campus.

We are kinda zen here in the Women's Studies Department about the whole thing.  As long as no one is hurt, we just keep pluggin along...'cept for me of course using this time to play instead of grade.

sera

You are exercising some stress relief. *nods*  Because it is stressful to have people rampaging on campus!

Guh.  i didn't even think about the fact that the SWAT team would charge someone for showing up!  i just kindof thought the government paid for that. . .   Huh. 

springacres

Oh, geez, that's scary.  x_x  Stay safe, and you definitely have the right to exercise stress relief here on Secundi!  *hugs and sends good thoughts your way*

Scullisto

Its all accounted for in some budget somewhere...dont know who or when but i know there is a money trail.

Ryuukokoro

:( You and the people on your campus are in my prayers. Stay safe hon.

Scullisto

We are safe...although we just got a campus text about a man in a black tank top with a hunting knife holding a puppy....Hope the cops get him before I do.

Thank you for the well wishes.

sera

*BLINKS*  How. . . incongruous.  o__O;;;

Scullisto

News Update...

Man with the tank top, hunting knife and puppy surrounded by SWAT...

Dude just got back from his weekend hunting trip and was surprising his girlfriend with a puppy...See what being a good boyfriend gets ya on the USF campus?

sera

. . .

xD;;;;;

Seriously a hunting knife and a puppy is just such a WEIRD combination. .  . ^^;;

Glad it's not anything serious, though! ^^

Sunchaser

o.O why does he have a hunting knife on him and is he the 'gunman'? <.< sorry i find these things fascinationg sadly.

Taruia

*flops into Secundi from first day back at school*

Wow, all I have to say is wow...but...Hi Sculli! *huggles*

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

Scullisto

The "gunman"..."the Bomber" and the "knife weilding-puppy hunter" are three different cases happing here at good ol USF.

Gunman was at the library.
Bomber was at the Transportation Center.
Puppy Hunter was walking between buildings going to Cooper Hall.

..all is well...I think.

Goddesss

I heard about this on the news.  We live in the Tampa Bay area.  Glad you are ok. =)

SplitX

-snugs- I'm so glad you're okay! O.O; That's scary!
That reminds me of the Virginia Tech shootings in VA, 'cept I wasn't on campus. I was, however, in the hospital to get my tonsils removed. When I was back in the room being prepared for the operation (IV was put in, they were administering some numbing medicine), a victim was wheeled in next to me. T.T I was out of it & I had NO idea what was going on, really, but I could hear the victim screaming and crying. She was shot in the shoulder, I think. I just remember seeing blood coming from her and then they closed my curtain as quickly as they could. I still have nightmares about it... -shudders- ;____; It was just one huge nightmare. I was already scared enough! It was my 1st operation, out of the 2 I've had (wisdom teeth pulled being my 2nd), and not only that, but I'd been told Friday evening that I was getting them removed... and I was getting them removed that coming Monday. D;

I'm SO glad you're okay though! <3 I hope every one else is okay. I hope no one died! Thoughts with every one, especially the family of those who lost their lives, if any lives were indeed lost. DX

indigowulf

lol someone probly blew the puppy-hunter thing out of proportion. He probly had one strapped on a belt or something if he just got back from hunting trip, and by the time the news spread, the story changed to "hes got a knife to the puppys throat and is demanding ransom".

sounds like you're ok, may as well laugh about it.