News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Saturday School! Why, I never!

Started by SplitX, October 17, 2009, 08:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SplitX

Apparently, at my new school, you get Saturday school for missing just a few assignments. Well, I made those up, yet I STILL get Saturday school? Not only that, but they've blocked access to PI, which means I can't check threads or contests or anything! @___x Of course it's gotta be when I'm dying to see a contest result. I have... -counts- 3 hours left.

In my opinion, I think it's sick & cruel to make someone who doesn't need to go, go. They threatened to send me to court for skipping school, because I've been SICK for so many days, if I didn't go! T___T I don't want to go to court. I'm NOT a bad kid. I DON'T skip school. It's not MY fault my parents don't think a fever of 101 without throwing up but with every other symptom is worth staying home for! ;_; Yuck. Just yuck.

So. If y'all wanna keep me company, please do. XD I'd appreciate it. >>; I just can't believe I got the credit for the assignments & yet, I'm still stuck here for 3 more hours. It's 9:00 now. Please help, PI! I'm not allowed to text either. o.o Or listen to music. Or talk. Or pass notes. Or look at anything non-school related. Thank goodness the teachers can't see my laptop, yeah? XDDD

Luv007

When I was is high school, I missed so many days my senior year that they weren't going to let me graduate.  But.... it was because of my diabetes that I missed most of my classes.  I'm not going to lie and say I didn't skip occasionally, but I had straight A's and even when I would get turned in for skipping, the attendance lady knew this, so she would dismiss it.

Anyhow, as the story goes, I got sent to the principal/headmaster's office to explain my absenses and tardies.  When I told him I was diabetic, he didn't believe me and got so huffy puffy about it that he grabbed my arm and dragged me to the nurse's office.  "This girl seems to think she is a diabetic.  Can you confirm that?" he demanded.  I loved the nurse's reaction... "Yes, if fact, she is a severe diabetic...."   He dropped my arm and all issues were dismissed.  I never skipped class without letting my mom know so it wasn't an issue at home, and I actually ended up with a bruise from the guy dragging me across the school to the nurse.

But it was more than that, I was originally on an insulin pump, and am again until I deliver my baby.  Well, and pump looks very similar and sounds very similar to a beeper.... except it has a little tube that connects into your stomach to deliver the insulin as needed.  I can't count the number of times that the principal stopped to scream at me in the hall, often making me late for class, all over my insulin pump.  I would protest.... "but I'm diabetic"... and he would continue to rant and rave until he calmed down enough to listen.

I understand the level of strictness needed in my high school.  It isn't the best of places.  But my thing is... you should recognize your students after the hundred somethingth time you tear them up about the same thing...

And a year before I started attending the school, we had a student who had a heart transplant attending.   She was doing fine with her transplant until one day she passed out in the hall.  No one in the school would call 911 until the principal had been found to clear it.  I guess it's a rule or something.  But during this, all the students were pulling out their cells and calling.  The operator didn't believe them, and in turn wouldn't respond to their calls.  Finally, when they finally did arrive, it was too late for the girl.  Nothing could be done and she was already dead.

To me, that's a frightening fact, but that's how south georgia works unfortunately. 

I do see your point as far as the ridiculousness of your situation though... illness should be excused.

SplitX

That's just sick. That poor girl! =( I need to remember to count my blessings every day... It's so sad how the world is now. Of course, having total peace & joy would be kinda... well, perhaps too bizarre, with the state things are in now. But still, there is no reason for there to be such nastiness, cruelty, and carelessness. Hopefully she knows & is able to see, from wherever she may have ended up, (not trying to push any religious topics/views here, though, so I hope no one gets offended!) that the students cared. I just can't believe that they had to go find the principal though. They need to make a law that, if a student's life is threatened in any way, health or just safety wise, that students can call.

That's awful, though. :/ I'd just hate to have diabetes or any disease like that. I keep whining about restrictive airways disease, asthma, obstructive sleep apnea, ADD, depression, a horrible immune system... in the grand scheme of things, it's not that bad. It sounds like a lot, but I'm alive, and I'm going to try to get into better shape & just feel better about myself. I'm not overweight, but in about 10 or so more pounds, I would be. That may not be too small of an amount, but either way, I wanna feel good & look good. Thankfully, I know better than to go to any extreme. I used to be severely anorexic. Imagine a 5'6" 6th grader with a huge chest & butt (XD It's true. The butt won't leave for anything, and my chest is staying natural!) weighing at 106 pounds. That was just sick... I made sure every picture of me back then is gone. For me, with my big bones & height, that was just... sick. It's sad to say 6th grade was one of the biggest years of peer pressure for me.

Either way, I got off topic.
I was out with the swine flu, which is really what makes me mad, I think. I mean... isn't it better that I DON'T come to school and contaminate everyone and everything? o.o; One girl at my old school went to Homecoming (poor, silly little 8th grader; she's so tiny & she wanted her Homecoming!) when she knew she had SOMETHING bad. She went with a 101 fever, left with a 105 fever. It was AWFUL. I heard about it though; I wasn't there, since I was still recovering from the swine flu. I missed my senior homecoming because of it, too! I mean, I made up the work. I'll admit I've skipped 2 days, but that's because I'd just gotten over being sick, and I'm so paranoid/OCD/phobic about going back somewhere (place or activity) after being gone for a long time. It kinda makes me feel like all eyes are on me.

I'm kinda glad I'm here now. I JUST found out I would've been getting ALL F's this semester if I didn't. However, that would've been nice to know FIRST, and I don't see why I can't get an incomplete instead of getting 0s on the things I missed when I was out sick. :/ It's hard to do anything that requires real thinking when you have the swine flu, especially when you get nauseas and dizzy incredibly easily.

I still have some Aiyana things to catch up with. -sighs- I was gonna do them this morning, but I suppose it must wait. We had to bring our school laptops; we weren't allowed to bring our regular laptops, if we had them. I don't see why! It's not like one of the 2 teachers wouldn't notice if 'Sims 2' was minimized in the bottom of the task bar. << It's not like they wouldn't notice someone playing any sort of game. Besides, it would still have to connect to the school's internet, which blocks just about every site. Thankfully Secundi is new, so they can't categorize it with a game, forum, etc. Thankfully they're not tracking the laptops and what sites they've been on in Saturday school, either.

It's just a huge bummer. I'm having to pretend like I'm working. I've only got 1 worksheet to finish, and I want to keep it out so they don't make me copy words from the dictionary for 2 hours & 20 minutes! :/ They literally make you do that... -sighs- .-. -headdesk-