News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

frackin jerks!

Started by indigowulf, November 03, 2009, 08:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

http://ponyisland.net/index.php?src=forum&sub=replies&forum=107&topic=2448134

now any thread that mentions an adoptable that has moved to secundi gets deleted on sight. strange, since waja credits are still allowed to be traded via PI.

quyllur

Wow, just wow.  That's insane.

PonyMama

interesting.  Because how do they know for sure that the edits they asked for are not being done and the adoptable is just waiting for it all to be done?  
Oh well it is fine.  We are here and they are there.  If people really want to trade the kennel (which I am guessing they are targeting) it has it's own forum to get trades posted.

Kadana Sorano

The problem is, hardly any traffic gets through the kennels forums.  There has always been much more visibility on PI.  ANd it seems odd to me they would do this just NOW, after all this time people have been selling/trading kennel things on pi just fine since the move. 
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

indigowulf

LMBO, ive already made them change it. first post basically said, if they arent offered on PI for adoption, they couldnt be traded there. I brought up waja credits, and suddenly its "PI appropriate" haha. I love how easily they change thier minds when you show that they are breaking thier own rules or being unfair.

red_uni387

YourLoveOnly

Typical. Very typical. Stupid PI >.<

SplitX

o.o Wow. This is Neopets all over again! Just wait 'till we have automated post rejectors. So, if we say firetruck, we're not allowed to post, because it's a veerrrrrry 'profane' word. >>; Or if we talk/joke about streaking (even though a Lupine thread wouldn't be a real Lupine thread without streaking!), we can get our accounts banned or our posts will be rejected. -sighs- This is ridiculous...

Taruia

All I can say is I'm glad I'm off that silly stupid place.

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

SplitX

-mumbles- I'd be off if I didn't collect a wide variety of Adoptables & have a full year left on my account. >>; I'd feel like I was wasting my money if I didn't at least stay the full year. Ehhhh.

Mutt

The MODs can really hold a grudge, guess they're ticked off that they lost several people over their adoptable crackdown.... I'll soon move my own adoptable here I suppose though I was planning to have Okami run it from PI too...

Unfortunately my account doesn't expire until like July I'm considering trying to sell it because I really don't enjoy it there anymore, there's not really anything for me to do, I can't put up with all this anymore.

Luv007

So..... If the adoptable is sold here, it can't be sold on PI?  That's ridiculous.  Aren't there a couple adoptable sold on other sites?

PonyMama

no they are saying adoptables only sold on other sites and not allowed on pi at all are the issue.

i still think it doesn't overly matter, we are here and can advertise

Luv007

That makes more sense.  I was more concerned for adoptable owners who were running their adoptables on PI and on Secundi.  I'm just trying to sell my higher quality adoptables off on PI like Seed Ponies and Gypsies and such since they aren't on here and I could really use the cash.  I just have to wait around for Gypsy trading season.  I'm not sure if I'm going to let go of a couple of them, but I really financially need to.  I can look at them regardless of whether I own them or not after all.

I love this place.  We don't have to pay for membership, the rules are lax and non-restrictive while still being reasonable for younger players.  It has new updates almost every time you get on and it gives you some SG to spend on adopties you love.  Plus, I majorly admire the creators here for not only having the balls to leave PI, but for having the determination to create a place like this for those who are also looking for an escape.  PI was getting a bit constricting for me and I'd been 'taking a break' for a while, but as soon as TheLeet sent me the link to this site, I got right back into the adoptables and NaNo and such.  Which really helps me keep my mind from wondering into my preggo hormonal thoughts that tend to start fights. Lol.

Anywho... major kudos to all the creators and adoptable runners on this site.

Taruia

Basically it it only for the Kennel that they are doing that. They are still pissed that we are succeeding off their stupid little site.

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

Luv007

Which is insane... but at least TheKennel is showing them how to be bigger and better.  Lol.  PI MODs have some issues.  I can't believe some of the stuff that's come out of PI.  It's interesting to see how messed up it is.  When I first started PI years ago, I had no clue.  But this situation is a perfect example of what PI will do any time they have an issue with how popular a certain adoptable becomes.

Not to say Lupines for example aren't great, but I don't find much rewarding about them for the prices the cool ones go for.  The basics really just aren't that interesting.  It's the unique species and custom posed that are cool to look at.   The thing is that they are nearly impossible

red_uni387

weren't Lupines already being favored? *coughs*liketheanthromentionedintherulethread*coughs*

They just keep taking it further and further ._. it's like they feel the need for Lupines to be on top, or they're just......lost

*high fives luv* exactly! the basic ones just aren't that nice, unless they have a custom animation or something. I don't even think the unique species and custom posed are all that awesome (except the unis >>). Did you guys see Ariya's rant about her lupin custom? She probably spent a ton of USD and still didn't get her perfect lupine. :/

Then you look at the Kennel and you see a ton of happy people who have giant kennels because the dogs aren't crazily expensive. Even I have a quite a few dogs, and I'm not allowed to spend USD. You guys can do perfectly fine without PI. *nods*

Luv007

Ha.  I knew I typed that, but I thought I deleted it before I posted so I wasn't stepping on toes....

Whoops.  That makes me wonder what all I'm typing into my NaNo.  Lol.

But yeah... that's how I feel. I just wasn't going to really put it out there.  I like how interactive TheKennel and TheStable are too.  That's almost my favorite part.  But on top of that, they have awesome lineart, amazing colorists, and cheap ways to win things once they get into it.  *reminds me...I should sign my pups up for comps*  I've gotta get use to that now that it's free.

SplitX

Quote from: luv007 on November 05, 2009, 07:26:59 PM
Which is insane... but at least TheKennel is showing them how to be bigger and better.  Lol.  PI MODs have some issues.  I can't believe some of the stuff that's come out of PI.  It's interesting to see how messed up it is.  When I first started PI years ago, I had no clue.  But this situation is a perfect example of what PI will do any time they have an issue with how popular a certain adoptable becomes.

Not to say Lupines for example aren't great, but I don't find much rewarding about them for the prices the cool ones go for.  The basics really just aren't that interesting.  It's the unique species and custom posed that are cool to look at.   The thing is that they are nearly impossible

I applied to be a MOD. Hopefully, I'll get the job. I want to be that MOD that people can always go to and ask any sort of question, and NOT get put off or get their head bitten off. >> I also wanna be a FAIR MOD. I'd definitely try to bring some sense to those MODs who're upset about the adoptables leaving.

Definitely, though, about the Lupines. Sometimes I feel like they favor their own artists, too. Now I'm NOT saying everyone on the team is like this at ALL, but I've been put off by one particular Lupine team member (who isn't joined here, I don't believe), and almost conned out of about $100. :/ I mean, it's not all of them. Really, I've only seen that behavior in one of the Lupine Team Members, but still it's very off-putting. Besides, imagine how much money they must make a month on Lupines... o.o; With at least 30 slots, and the MINIMUM of $20, that'd be $600 ALONE. Now, put in custom posed, cosplays, love pairs, heavily mutated Lupines, etc. That's NUTS. They could easily make more money in one day than a working person could make in a month, depending on said person's job of course. .-. Still, they do hold a bunch of free events, but there's NO reason for what happened with Ariya's Lupine. There should have been a stated rule that Fooxies HAVE to have white tail tips, or she should have at least gotten a refund for the money she spent on Fooxie. -scowls-

Long story short, I hope I'll be accepted as a MOD. I think the deadline is the 8th for applications, so everyone cross your fingers for me. I won't become like one of the 'MOD Squad' members who seem to think they're better than everyone else. And no, I'm DEFINITELY not saying all MODs are like this, or have ever been like this. I'm just saying there are a few that I've noticed who have less than exemplary behavior.

Luv007

Problem is.... I doubt they will accept any new MODS that are associated with this site considering how much they seem offended by the shift of adoptables.  But perhaps you are right... I'm just in a negative mood this morning.

SplitX

Well I haven't mentioned being in Secundi or anything, so I don't think they know. Besides, how selfish and absent-minded would that be, if I would otherwise be capable for the job if I weren't a member of Secundi? Hopefully they won't sink that low. :/

Luv007

Hopefully, but they can view the forums just like we can so if they are really upset, I wouldn't doubt they scanned the secundi forums with their final picks.

SplitX

Eh very true. >>: Now I'm sad. Dx I wanted to be one of those MODs who could connect with everyone and hopefully make things better again on PI.

Luv007

Well, good luck!

It would probably take more than one MOD like you to make it 'better', but good luck!