News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

My ponio's... *pic overload*

Started by zarzamora, April 11, 2010, 03:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zarzamora

Well I managed to bath the girls yesterday and wash out all the winter grime and dirt and let them dry out in the warm sunshine (loving this hot april we're having!!) So I thought I would snap a few pics and share them, and I thought you guys might like them as you all seem so crazy on Gypsy cobs (vanners)  ;D

Ariel (skewbald) actually came from a gypsy family a year ago- she was on her way to appleby fair and I decided to buy her, she was all skinny and weedy- and now she is really filling out and is doing really well in the few shows we've gone to- she was awarded a 1st premium at the winter finals youngstock classes. She is 2 this time.

Alice is the piebald and is rising 3, Native type (gypsy cob x welsh D).

My Native mare Cara is away at stud at the moment, so couldn;t snap any pics of her, but here are the babies!

Ariel and Alice:

Lol I better stop- i have over 100 and could go on all day! Sorry for the overload!!

Neocridders

Oooooooh lovely!
I'm jealous. I've never had a horse. And likely never will. I love horses, though.
... even if I've only had the chance to ride a handful of times. My health situations prevents me from being in sun too much. So, that pretty much killed my chances of riding horses.
But, I love seeing others' horses. The two girls you have pictures of are gorgeous!

Scullisto

They are gorgeous!....I love them.  How I wish I could own one, but fortune is just not on my side and must admire your beauties from afar.

Congrats they are truly lovely!

springacres

Ooh, they are gorgeous zaz!  I am so envious of you; I have no horses and you have 3!

Pinkshadow

Envy you so much .. They are stunning horses zarz dear <3 what breed are they?

Omg sorry i read ot already i just forgot what it was in Danish A's gypsy aint a race in Denmark :b

they are so beautiful ;)

Wolfs Fang

They're gorgeous. <3 You're very lucky... xD

~Fang
~~

BabyKittenCandy

They are beautiful Zazzy! You are so lucky, im rather envious :)

Solistia

Uwaaaa, they're gorgeous! I am vehemently jealous! X3

I've never owned horses, only admired them from afar, but I was curious seeing your pictures. Is the tail wrap and the braid to prevent the tails from being discolored by dirt, or is there another reason for them? =D

zarzamora

Quote from: Solistia on April 11, 2010, 04:43:23 PM

I've never owned horses, only admired them from afar, but I was curious seeing your pictures. Is the tail wrap and the braid to prevent the tails from being discolored by dirt, or is there another reason for them? =D
Haha yes- I show a lot and its sooo hard to keep (especially mares) tails clean - so it is a must for that- also thickens them up and lets them grow very long, and stops other naughty youngsters from chewing them! Ariel has a tail bag too but I had left it off to let her tail dry.

Thanks for all the kind words, my ponies are my world and I love them to pieces!

zarzamora

just for interest- this was Ariel when I first brought her home and bathed her just under 10 months ago:

Math

Wow, you have gorgeous (though that is an understatement) mares! :D I have never owned a horse before, but I'm sharing a lease on one for the show season with a fellow rider. :) I do plan on buying one when I'm on my own, and have the money for it's board, etc. :)

red_uni387

I started drooling o.o They're absolutely amazing, zarz!

YourLoveOnly

Poupou

Wow, what a difference 10 months can make!!! You'd think they're not the same horse!  :o

And Ariel seems to enjoy being photographed. You can see that's she's looking right at you when you're taking pictures.  Amazing. x3

They are both gorgeous.  Stunning!