News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

YLO's Health Update

Started by YourLoveOnly, February 20, 2011, 08:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourLoveOnly

So everyone here probably knows I've been struggling with health issues for quite some time and they have been seriously increasing. I am getting some neurological exams in early March (couldn't get an appointment any sooner, busy hospitals!) and I am really almost hoping they find something wrong just so they can finally do something about it.

On top of that I got struck down with something else so I wanted to post a little update so everyone knows why I might be absent for a little. A few day ago I got terrible acute abdominal pain that keeps increasing and yesterday I started to bleed. I went to the hospital today because they feared it was peritonitis. Luckily that wasn't the case so I didn't have to go through surgery, but they are not exactly sure what is wrong, it could be multiple things, but none are life threatening. They want to wait 24 to 48 hours to see if the pain goes away and if any new symptoms show up and they continue testing. So I dunno what will happen exactly and how often I can be around, so I figured I would come post. Right now sitting upright hurts really bad and I just want to lay down, so I don't think I'll be online much (don't have a laptop sadly).

I will keep you guys updated and let's just hope it's something they can easily fix. And then once this is hopefully settled I can prepare for the neurological exams (although depending on how this turns out they may do those tests Tuesday too). I am quite nervous about it all and I really hope it will all be okay and I'll be back soon <3

zarzamora

best of luck, hope it all turns out okay. Feel better  soon :(

Winged

*hugs* I really hope things start picking up for you soon! Don't worry at all about coming online.
Owner of Gliders!

Leafy

D: Eek, I hope they can expedite all that testing for you x___X Even more importantly I hope you''ll be ok!!! Hurry up and get better and come back so you can see the rest of your custom paints ;p

Kahlira

*snugstight*

I do hope you get to know whats wrong, and to feeling better.

I'll keep you in my prayers <3

Scullisto

*gentle hugs*

Feel better soon.

toffeeca

*snuggles* I hope they can find out whats going wrong and get you fixed up soon.

red_uni387

springacres

Entaeyen

I have epilepsy so I've been through my share of neurological tests. If you get the chance let me know if you have any questions, I may be able to help. Hope they figure out what's going on soon.

YourLoveOnly

Okay, I just woke up after sleeping for over 12 hours (sleep means no feeling pain, yay!) and it hurts a lot less now. As long as I can move around they don't really want to do anymore tests (can I please kick them now?) and await the neurological tests to see if anything comes out of it that might explain this as well. If that doesn't happen or if it gets as bad as it did yesterday before I get those neurological tests (bleeding and/or not being able to move at all) they will look into this further. So right now I just have to take even more pain meds, rest a lot and hope this doesn't get too bad >_> Neurological exam thingy is.. 2 weeks away ._.

TheLeet

Oh dear, that's a long wait if you're in pain :(
Good to hear that it has got a bit better after sleeping for 12 hours, though. I really hope that it's something fixable <3

YourLoveOnly

I feel super dizzy right now and still in a bunch of pain, but at least I can sit upright. I doubt sleeping all the time will make me feel that much better, so I am gonna try to stay here and cert some adoptable stuff until I have to go lay down again.

I hope they figure it out and fix it too >.>

Thanks for all the support everyone <3

YourLoveOnly

Aaand the pain is back. not as bad as yesterday, but bad enough to go lay down and not try sitting upright. I am now pretty sure it has something to do with my intestines. I am gonna lay down and if gets as bad as it did yesterday then tomorrow morning it is back to doctor/hospital for me.

Silvanon

I hope they figure out what this is and get you healthy again soon, YLO.  :(

YourLoveOnly

Sad sad news. They know what the problem is, but they can't fix it.
They described it as a functionality disorder. Basically every element on its own works just fine, so they can't use any kind of treatment to make it better, because technically there is nothing wrong. But for some reason the parts in my body won't actually work together, so they kinda work against each other and thus giving wrong impulses. The simple effect of this in my real life is that I am dizzy all the time, can't ride a bike, drive a car or do sports and that I am very often in a lot of pain. It's possible to use meds to reduce the impact (painmeds) but they don't always work and they won't actually treat or fix anything.

Whimsy

So sorry to hear such horrific news YLO sweetie, I do hope in the future they can find some sort of treatment to make your life a little easier.

Silvanon

Oh man, so sorry to hear that YLO. 

zarzamora

springacres

Ugh... sorry to hear that YLO, that stinks.  Hardcore.  *hugs*

Winged

Oh that's horrible for you! I know you were so hoping there would be a solution  :( *hugs*
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Thanks guys.. Being in pain all the time is sucky enough as it is, but this news also means that unless some sort of treatment becomes available I won't be able to go to school or work (unless I do it from home). My body is often to weak to go outside, so it really isn't an option. I was really hoping they would find something so I could maybe work towards having a more "normal" life again.

I am not even sure anymore if I'll be able to move out on my own, but we agreed that I will go try that anyway and if it won't work I can always come back home. Especially since this is a very small town with very limited public transportation and I can't ride a bike or drive a car because there's a serious risk of passing out, so I really want to go move somewhere with better public transportation so that I at least have the option to go places on a good day. My parents don't have the money to move elsewhere or they would have. I am going in for an appointment today where they should be able to tell me exactly what financial support I qualify for so I can hopefully afford a small 1-person appartment.

xenon

Oh, honey, I am so sorry... That is such an unbelievably sucky situation. ._.

I give you major loves and also commend you on your desire to move out. <3 Got my fingers crossed for you that the financial support is enough!

Kahlira

Love, I don't really know what to say, but I am here for you <3