News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Photobucket discussion thread

Started by YourLoveOnly, March 28, 2013, 10:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourLoveOnly

Okay, so I think we all agree, the new Photobucket is a pain. You could switch to the old version before, which I was using just fine, but they forced everyone over to the new style.

It won't let me see titles I entered when simply hovering over images with my mouse, which makes hatching Panda Shrimp cookies a real pain. I also can't seem to easily delete or move a large amount of pictures at once. And then there's the problem that even when I am in the right subfolder and select that same subfolder for my uploads it STILL throws my pictures in the main/default album >_< I have had all the Panda Shrimp orders from Christmas done for a week now, but Photobucket just won't let me easily grab cookie ID#s, delete them and put adult Panda Shrimps in their place *grumbles*

If anyone has any good tips to make using the new Photobucket less of a pain, please share those here, I am sure a lot more people would love that XD

And another question, does anyone know of another good host to use instead? I am seriously considering moving my stuff elsewhere, but can't find a good reliable host that is free. I have a domain on Soli's site, but for the Panda Shrimps I really want to be able to add descriptions to each image with their markings etc and I can't do that on ftp.

Ryuukokoro

*grumbles* Haaate the new photobucket. My old puttering laptop is not the fastest and now when I want to view a picture, it takes FOREVER to view the pic. Even when I copy and paste the actual URL of the picture (like, the URL ends in .png) it will re-route me to a page that ends in .html, so my computer has to load the page itself and all the dang background code when all I want to do is view the pic! >___<

Unfortunately I don't know of any alternative that will let you do even HALF of what photobucket allows you to do... Have you checked out tinypic.com at all? I've seen some using that sometimes....

YourLoveOnly

I've used tinypic for years, but it is really only useful when uploading one or two things, I very often have to upload at least 30 images at once for shops like Panda Shrimps and Blub and there's no way to organize stuff. I am considering something like dropbox maybe?

Bunraku

The new photobucket is the bane of my existence >_> Its gone from a usable, practical site to being utterly bloated and not even remotely user friendly, I can't tell you how much I hate the new layout. I don't need all of these little icons and previews of my folders in the shape of photographs...its like they don't realize that not everyone is using the site to socialize and upload pictures for the sake of some kind of digital scrapbooking. I just want a place where I can easily store the immense amount of files I need to upload for all of the adoptables I color for, and like you said...the title thing is extremely inconvenient, especially when trying to see what ID number I've assigned. Not to mention the fact...its slow, even on a computer that's built to handle games, photobucket drags my browser and internet connection down to a crawl as its loading because of all of the crap its loading at once >> And need I mention the fact that it seems to trap me on the upload page until the advertizements are done where once I could just go back to my alblum after the upload is finished? Argh! DX

Ryuukokoro

Oh, I have another complaint! (Haha.) With the old version, I used to be able to send photos to an email address and it would upload it to my photobucket account. WHY did they get rid of that feature?! It was so convenient to get photos off my cellphone, I'd just email them to my photobucket.

springacres

I'm not an adoptable runner, so I don't use Photobucket as much as some of you, but I've been hearing the same complaints from other people.  Obviously Photobucket needs more competition.

Daimas

.... I have no issues with it o.o

I have been using it forever though and this is not the first time its changed up on me.

Kadana Sorano

My only issue with is was the thumbnails.  The new version didn't let you post thumbnail views as clickable links to larger views.  but.. I went back and forth with them during their "testing" stage and kept complaining about it, and when they finally forced everyone over they did have a (sort of/kind of) "fix" for the thumbnail views.  granted, I have to be logged out of my account to be able to get the thumbnail code (WHY FFS?!) but it IS there heh

I haven't had a load of experience with these other issues you all mention, but then my SC's are an agency so I can for the most part completely by pass PB all together thankfully!

Other then finding a new place to store images, the only thing I can think to suggest is to send feedback, and keep sending it.  Let them know clearly exactly what the problems you have are, the things you need, the things you don;t want, and maybe something will get done.  I know they did listen to me and others about the thumbnails, so maybe they will now too?
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Misplaced

Photobucket is pretty dang irritating.
Sometimes I use imageshack, but I can't for the life of my figure out how to the albums work. It's like they aren't even there but I can group images into albums but there is little I can do with that.

SkySong

An alternative that might be possible is to create your own website for your images? I haven't gotten around to it yet, but if you create an account on say Weebly, you can upload images and give them descriptions and other stuff like that. Only problem I can think of is you probably can't upload multiple all at once.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

springacres

Diigo offers an image hosting service too.  Not sure how easy it is to use (I use it mainly in conjunction with my AwesomeScreenshot Firefox plugin, so... not that often) but it might be worth a try.